Random Thoughts....

Passed my theory first time, it really isn't difficult in this country. I did however fail my driving test first time round. I was near the end of the leg that the examiner had selected me and all had gone pretty well so far. But as we were nearing the ending place there was one pedestrian crossing still left and of course at that specific place an old woman jumped behind a parked car right to the side of the road ----> FAIL. It really pissed me off for a few days because there was no possible way of spotting her in time and I'm pretty sure that the examiner didn't see her either. Passed the test on the second attempt though :)

In Finland they are not picky like that. You are allowed to stall the car and do other things like that which don't really endanger other road users. The test is quite long, usually around 30mins, so you do have to know how to drive though.

I really made stupid mistake on my first time, I was really nervous and I managed to run a redlight by accident. :wall: On the second time I passed even though I speeded a little bit (70 at 60 area).
I am a much safer driver now :angel:

It used to be the same here a couple of minor errors like a stall or 5 point turn was OK so long as you did nothing in the remotest dangerous.

In Finland [...] The test is quite long, usually around 30mins
That's not long - we get 45 minutes here. If you're lucky, you get caught in a traffic jam. :D

I knew someone who failed his test within 10 metres from the start...

That's not long - we get 45 minutes here. If you're lucky, you get caught in a traffic jam. :D
The length varies depending on the examiner and situation. It can really be anywhere between 10 and 60 minutes, but on avarage it's probably around 30 minutes.

Ours is 45 min too.. I think it should be longer though, 45 min feels like nothing when driving in city traffic...

Here we have set routes. So you must complete the route (unless something goes horribly wrong, and by horribly I mean horribly) before you are told the result. My local test centre has 13 routes that are randomly assigned. They say it should take 'about 40 minutes', but there is no defined limit.

I have no idea why its so hard for me to be decisive about what phone to buy. I'm normally very quick at making up my mind, yet right now I'm sturggling to decide between 2 phones, and I know I need to be quick before someone else beats me to them....:(

I can't think of anything esle aside from the phones atm.

For those interested, its either one of these:

Touch_Diamond_People.jpg

sm_i780fmg.jpg

htc-touch.jpg

Last edited:
My mum has been on facebook less than five days and she already has 40 friends. And now she's constantly updating from her phone. It's kind of funny but on the other hand thank god I don't have any severely incriminating photos of myself on FB.

Ah, okay. That's quite a big difference, though.
True. It's because there is not really any set time or distance the test should take.

I have no idea why its so hard for me to be decisive about what phone to buy

I would get the HTC Diamond. My dad has a HTC Touch, and it is really quite good, even if it lacks a bit in the power department. :p

A friend of mine had to do her driving test 3 times until she passed.

It was a bit confusing though...

1st time, she failed for speeding.
2nd time, according to her anyway, the examinor was texting and barely paying attention to her driving at all, and marked her a lot of marks that she shouldn't have gotten. In the end she got 9 Grade 2s. She was going to complain or whatever, but befor she could she got a call from the test centre saying that there was a mistake in the marking, and that she actually got 8 Grade 2s, and that she passed.

So she got her license and the L plates were in the bin, but then she got another call saying that she had to take the test again.:blink:

She still had her license, and yet she did the test again, and I think passed.

But then I saw her a few weeks ago, she had her pink license in the car with her, but said something about having to do the test again.:blink:

Buffy confused.:(

The first time I went for my license I had two automatic failures (I would have passed if these hadn't occured). One was for turning in front of a vehicle too fast, the other was for having a tire go over the curb while attempting a "y-turn." Seriously, who the fuck does a y-turn anymore, unless you're drunk?

The second time I failed for having too many points.

I really, really didn't want to try again after that. Honest. I think I had one of those typical melodramatic teenage moments where I whinged on and on to my parents about how "it's going to be a waste of money, I'll just fail again."

The parents didn't buy any of it. So off I went for a third time, grumbling that I couldn't wait to show my parents how wrong they were.

Of course, I ended up passing. I think I was happy yet pissed off at the same time.

Seriously, who the fuck does a y-turn anymore, unless you're drunk?

Is that another name for a 3 point turn?

In other non-related news...I am currently eating a fruit and nut bar, a cheap one from Aldi, and the chocolate tastes strangely minty.:blink:

Argh.

You would think knowing that you're a fair skinned person, using sunscreen would be burned in to your mind, but it's not. I spent roughly 3 hours at the beach with my dog at the local dog beach either running around in the water or lying on my towel, tummy down for most of the blanket time. Come home and see just how burnt I was... I didn't put sunscreen on my backside at all thinking "when I feel the burn, I'll rotate" yet there was a nice cool ocean breeze the whole time so I felt nothing, AND when you feel the burn you're already burnt (duh). So.. my back is red and it hurts to sit down :(

<- idiot

Argh.

You would think knowing that you're a fair skinned person, using sunscreen would be burned in to your mind, but it's not. I spent roughly 3 hours at the beach with my dog at the local dog beach either running around in the water or lying on my towel, tummy down for most of the blanket time. Come home and see just how burnt I was... I didn't put sunscreen on my backside at all thinking "when I feel the burn, I'll rotate" yet there was a nice cool ocean breeze the whole time so I felt nothing, AND when you feel the burn you're already burnt (duh). So.. my back is red and it hurts to sit down :(

<- idiot

:hug:

As a fellow red head I feel your pain. Nothing like baking yourself.

Argh.

<- idiot

I think I've got you beat as far as severity of sunburns go. Though I'm Indian and have naturally dark skin, I have a skin condition that causes the loss of melanin in skin (i.e. color + all protection). So where I have no pigmentation, I burn easier than even the palest person can. That + spending 8 hours at the local Concours d'Elegance last year when it was over 80F with no clouds in the sky all day + neglecting to use sunscreen = very painful experience.

We pasty Irish burn to a cinder in the sun, the heat wave we had a few weeks ago realy didn't help. :(

I actually couldn't move my shoulders for about a week.:(