Random Thoughts....

Hmm....today will occur what can only be described as the battle of the century....me and my brother have both gotten completely sick of the behaviour of our father during the last 2-3 months...he has always been a selfish, lying, cheating stealing son of a bitch....but now he has taken it all to a whole new level. The closest thing I can compare him to would probably be Dirty Harry without the awesome factor: doesn't give a shit about anyone or anything else, insults everything at the first possible chance and never, I do mean NEVER admits his own mistakes.

And today I will go to his house, without any warning and demand some answers....as far as I know nobody has ever put him up against the wall, fought fire with fire...I am slowly and steadily pumping myself up because I will need all the hidden rage, anger and intelligence I have in order to be ready for this.

As some of you may know I worked with him for many years with great results but it all came to a screeching stop last autumn when he blatantly screwed me over and lied straight to my face about the situation of the company, the amount of work there would be and so on...for example he has owed me about 4500? in salaries for almost a year..all this and more lead to me resigning around April....and during the last couple of months he has cut all communication with us, normally we played tennis, all three of us, at least once a week....now...nothing.

I have no idea what he has been up to, how the company is doing or what the hell is going on with him. What he doesn't realise is that he may have taught me too well, because I have learned to play his game, by his rules. There isn't a whole lot of skills I possess but I assure you, biblical ranting and arguing is what I do better than anyone.

Grrr....so angry.....grrrrr.....testosterone and adrenaline flowing....grrrr....

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about family stress, but your post made me think of this...not making light of your situation just adding some levity. Hopefully you guys can work out an amicable agreement and salvage an important relationship.

"You wouldn't like Brother Michael when he's angry..."

Last edited:
Bugger, there's no sound in GRID, it was working before I've changed my Windows! can somebody help? :think:

Edit: every other game works fine!
Edit 2: I've just resolved it!

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed that when you access the forum on your iPhone/iPod touch you can't +rep people? The thing like disappears right as soon as you start typing your rep message. Anyone know a work-around?

Has anyone noticed that when you access the forum on your iPhone/iPod touch you can't +rep people? The thing like disappears right as soon as you start typing your rep message. Anyone know a work-around?

I have +repped people from my iPhone....I think...yes, I'm sure I have.

From my biker forum:

So, today I sat down on my drums stool and began taking them off, figured I'd give them a good polish while I was at it. I took the first collar off and noticed that it wasnt rust. It looked like it was some sort of tape? maybe? that someone had put around it. Maybe they didn't like the fact that it came in two pieces.

Whatever. I start tapping at whatever time has turned the tape into to chisle it off. And that's when I see something on the inside of the collar. Something written in black marker, who-knows-how-long ago.

IMG_1717.jpg

IMG_1713.jpg

The romantic part of me likes to think that these are the names of the people who built it. But, seeing as it is written in English, I doubt this is the case. Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Right/Left ; Inner/Outer :D

Some romance :D

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=53012.0

:lol:

I have +repped people from my iPhone....I think...yes, I'm sure I have.

Interesting :hmm:.

I was and still am having trouble with it. I guess it's alright since I can still view and make posts/topics.

+repping will have to remain relegated for when I get to a physical computer

Just back from my last driving lesson.

We had a go at the reverse maneuvre today...didn't go well. I came a bit close a few times, but I tended to go a bit too fast and I couldn't really get the hang of the corners and stuff.

So we left it, and I figured I will just go round with Dad and keep trying it with him. I know what I am supposed to do, I just need to practise.

Anyways, I did feel a bit frustrated with myself for not getting it, and was kind of in that mindset for the rest of the lesson, beating myself up for every little mistake I made. :(

By the end of it I was close to tears, and my instructor was just telling me repeatedly that we all make mistakes, and that I am only a new driver. In a few months I will be doing all these without batting an eye lid.

I just need to get myself out of this rut when I'm in the car. :(

Hey, I couldn't even reverse in a straight line during my driver's test. Had to redo it three times. Add to that a three-way intersection where I didn't stop, and I don't know how I passed.

How long has that little red arrow that brings you to the quoted post been there? Cause I just noticed it.

saw some random things in traffic today :

1) A Suzuki Wagon R+, which is a tiny fly of a thing
suzuki_wagon_r_rr_10638.jpg

pushing a VW Touareg off of the fast lane...which isn't...

2) a woman yanking her portable satnav from the windscreen, suction cup and all, and holding it to her ear like a telephone (yeah I know lolwut)

3) a biker who went all ATGATT (All The gear, All the time), except for shorts.... :?

Just back from my last driving lesson.

We had a go at the reverse maneuvre today...didn't go well. I came a bit close a few times, but I tended to go a bit too fast and I couldn't really get the hang of the corners and stuff.

So we left it, and I figured I will just go round with Dad and keep trying it with him. I know what I am supposed to do, I just need to practise.

Anyways, I did feel a bit frustrated with myself for not getting it, and was kind of in that mindset for the rest of the lesson, beating myself up for every little mistake I made. :(

By the end of it I was close to tears, and my instructor was just telling me repeatedly that we all make mistakes, and that I am only a new driver. In a few months I will be doing all these without batting an eye lid.

I just need to get myself out of this rut when I'm in the car. :(

Do you think that's bad woman?

Honduras is a very hilly country, i only have been driving for 8 months and very rarely at that as my mitsu spends more time with the mechanics that in my hands. still, Hill starts come very naturally to me. even though i still don't have a license or anything i am allowed to drive on roads with anyone else. anyway....

i am at a junction right. red light inside i thought....OMG! my first start on a flat surface when the light starts blinking clutch on, some power into first got ready.

i stalled.

then i attempted it again. stalled again. and again, anfinally i decided ?to hell with it and decided to flee in a cloud of smoke? and little bits of clutch.

i must be the only person in the whole wide world that only has problems starting on flat surfaces.

I can't help the feeling that every thread I post in suddenly dies, or people just ignore my posts. Did I do something wrong? :cry:

thevictor390 said:
How long has that little red arrow that brings you to the quoted post been there? Cause I just noticed it.

Long time. Longer than the two of us have been around here, for sure.

When the forum switched to VBulletin. I'm 95% sure it wasn't there with the old software.

Edit: On old posts before the switch (late 2006ish I think) the link isn't there.

Last edited:
I actually like to polish my boots.
Yeah, it's a bit tedious, but the process is somehow deeply satisfying.

I can't help the feeling that every thread I post in suddenly dies, or people just ignore my posts. Did I do something wrong? :cry:

Good luck killing any of the Random Thoughts threads. These things will out last us all.