Random Thoughts....

FFFFFFFUUUUUU

Our gas has been shut off. No heat, no hot water, no oven, no grill. I'm cold, hungry, and in need of a shower. :mad:
I don't know about yours but my Mercedes has a heater... and a grill. And I can use mine to get me to a restaurant where I can obtain food and then I can use it to go to a cheap motel where I could use the washroom.;)

A Mercedes-Benz is exactly like a Swiss Army Knife; It's red, sometimes it isn't, it fits in your pocket and it has a little magnifying glass that doesn't work.

My aunt and grandmother are the most despicable, mischievous, disgusting, horrible people on earth. They are trying to cheat my sick, demented (but lovely) grandfather for his house and belongings, and in the process ruin the lives of a lot of people close to him.

As soon as I get the car back together (and trust me im fucking going to hurry) Im going to take my grandmother for a long drive and ask her WHAT THE HELL she is doing.

^Least cohesive post ever on Finalgear, infact I don't know why I even posted this here. All I can say is, that I've never been this angry in my life.

Ever.

I don't know about yours but my Mercedes has a heater... and a grill. And I can use mine to get me to a restaurant where I can obtain food and then I can use it to go to a cheap motel where I could use the washroom.;)

A Mercedes-Benz is exactly like a Swiss Army Knife; It's red, sometimes it isn't, it fits in your pocket and it has a little magnifying glass that doesn't work.

Yeah, that's the first thing I tried this morning. The grill on my Merc must be broken though because the steak I put on it never got cooked and it just attracted some flies. :(

I wish this were america, and I could just shoot whatever idiot walked up to my property and stole my bike in the face with a shotgun. 8 times. until he was absolutely dead. And then piss on his corpse.

I wish this were america, and I could just shoot whatever idiot walked up to my property and stole my bike in the face with a shotgun. 8 times. until he was absolutely dead. And then piss on his corpse.

Iwish I could shoot my aunt and grandmother.

Yeah, don't want to end up with a crisis.

Woo, a silver lining to my day! My Lamy Safari fountain pen came (calling Nabster!). :)

It's really great. I wish I would have had one of these things ages ago. My handwriting is absolute rubbish, but this pen is forcing me to grip and handle it with the proper technique, otherwise no ink comes out. It's already done wonders for my penmanship. My cursive isn't a sloppy mess anymore! :D

As for the pen specifics, the nib is a bit scratchy, but then my paper is cheap and my desk is rough. The overall quality is very nice, though I need some black ink. I'm not a fan of blue ink.

:lol:
They should make that their new marketing slogan!

I just thought of the coolest computer project ever: take an old 80s boombox, rip out all the guts, put a laptop motherboard inside it, convert the speakers to fans, and wire a monitor and keyboard to it. Voila, the coolest laptop ever (portability may suffer, however).

boombox.jpg

+

laptop-repair1.jpg

=

rundmc.jpg

This is going on my to-do list alongside my power couch made from a 1988 Buick LeSabre front seat.

Why not just use the speakers as... speakers? Neat idea though. I love putting computers inside of things that are not computers.

Why not just use the speakers as... speakers? Neat idea though. I love putting computers inside of things that are not computers.

My Creative 2.1 speaker set, no matter how cheap it is, still shows that speaker technology has evolved over the past 20 or 30 years. ;) Besides, I doubt there would be room in there.

My mind is totally excited about this now. The Play button would be "on," and I could try to jam in an optical drive for the CD slot. The equalizer sliders could control fan speed and stuff, and the speaker wires in the back could be adapted to actual computer speaker jacks. Dunno where I'd put the USB ports, though.

This is going to happen. We running this, let's go.

Edit: In fact, if I can find a big enough boombox, I could probably slip a Micro ATX mobo in there as well, and make it replace my current desktop beast. It would be hard to fit a decent graphics card, however, unless I could find some sort of way to set it parallel to the motherboard itself. Is that even possible if I fab a connector?

Last edited:
My Creative 2.1 speaker set, no matter how cheap it is, still shows that speaker technology has evolved over the past 20 or 30 years. ;) Besides, I doubt there would be room in there.

My mind is totally excited about this now. The Play button would be "on," and I could try to jam in an optical drive for the CD slot. The equalizer sliders could control fan speed and stuff, and the speaker wires in the back could be adapted to actual computer speaker jacks. Dunno where I'd put the USB ports, though.

This is going to happen. We running this, let's go.

It was more because it would be awesome than because it would sound better, but you may be right about the room (unless you feel like buying and taking apart a netbook :lol:). If you do this then it deserves a progress thread in the technology section.

America can't really help you there. Good luck though, I hope everything works out. I would park the car before starting the "conversation."

My plan is to get het into the car with some excuse, drive 5 10 miles down the road, stop, and ask her if she really wants to ruin every single relationship with everyone just for money.

If I don't get a good answer, she walks.

Last edited:
^I'm sure that will go well.

My Creative 2.1 speaker set, no matter how cheap it is, still shows that speaker technology has evolved over the past 20 or 30 years. ;)

Lies. My 1982 2 way floor speakers will probably thrash your creatives. :p

It was more because it would be awesome than because it would sound better, but you may be right about the room (unless you feel like buying and taking apart a netbook :lol:). If you do this then it deserves a progress thread in the technology section.

Also I doubt those boombox speakers are shielded. When BlaRo cranks up Celine Dion to 11 he would do terrible things to his hard drive (and those around him).