Random Thoughts....

Finally got my internet back after another ~2 weeks without it. And there are so many posts on the forum that I'm not even going to bother reading them. I just hit the mark-all-forums-read switch, since it will take way too long. So please excuse any future reposts, I will do my best to try not to do it.

If I don't notice it fly by on iSpy it doesn't exist.

Pics or it didn?t happened!

kk just for you then :tease:

Ergh, I emailed my pups breeder last night inquiring about getting another, they got back to me this morning saying they have one male and two females unspoken for. I would LOVE to get another Westie but... I'm working more hours and further away than I was when I got my girl. Damnit, I really want another pup too =\ if I could figure how to make the time+distance work (sounds like a relationship!) I'd so get a pup! :love:

Then again.. teething, accidents, whining... :think:

OMG!!! now the US is denying visas from any Honduran regardless of who, what, when or why. it's official. We are the new Cuba

just wait a little bit and I'll start posting about the 1hr queue for milk, and asking politely that you send me some toilet paper

Sad really, condemn the people who toss out a corrupt gov't who was obviously trying to rig an election.

Best song ever?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ8ViYIeH04[/youtube]

Ah, the joys of alcohol...

and a good night's drinking was had by all. :D

Driving on the freeway today was fucken scary thanks to really strong winds......

Random Question:

I am getting braces in November this year. They are (afaik) plain metal braces, and I am getting them put on a week before I go away on a trip with friends.
Now, i most likely won't be drinking that much at all, given I am driving. But I wouldn't mind one drink with dinner if we aren't going anywhere else. I am just wondering if anybody knows if you are allowed to drink alcohol with braces on? I know carbonated drinks like beer and champagne will be out of the question (my orthodontist bans ALL carbonated stuff :(), but things like wihte wine should be ok, right? (reccommend any other braces-friendly stuff too please!)

Right? I am going to be in deep enough trouble as it is- no mars bars, minties, coke, coffee- I'm a goner!!!!!

You weren't supposed to drink carbonated stuff with braces?

That's news to me (I had braces for 5 years).

^ yeah, apprently it softens the enamel on your teeth and can cause them to have irregular shape after you get your braces removed. Cola and stuff also stains them and leaves you with outlines.

Thing is though, I'm getting most of my front teeth veneered after I finish braces and surgery, so I'm not sure I will be that worried about staining- I already have massive brown scars on my front two teeth anyways (see "post a pic of yourself" thread for proof)

^ I'm getting the fluoride paint too, but my orthdontist is still paranoid. I think he even bans non-sugared carbonated stuff like mineral water- not happy :(

Trying to wean myself of cola, coffee, etc now and it's not going well. Oh well, at least I can enjoy my formal sans braces (ge them on the week after)

Strictly speaking, you're not allowed any carbonated drinks. That didn't stop me though, and my teeth were, and are, completely fine. Try to minimise the amount that makes contact with your teeth (ie, straw or bottle). Just brush afterwards and you wont have any trouble.

^ I'm getting the fluoride paint too, but my orthdontist is still paranoid. I think he even bans non-sugared carbonated stuff like mineral water- not happy :(

Trying to wean myself of cola, coffee, etc now and it's not going well. Oh well, at least I can enjoy my formal sans braces (ge them on the week after)

Small amounts of red wine won't do any more harm than coffee and tea and such. If you like white, that would likely help. All wines are slightly acidic and can potentially damage enamel but there are many worse things you could be ingesting. Try also drinking water (or even going to the bathroom and swishing) after having staining/acidic beverages. It's no cure-all, but it may help.

Random Question:

I am getting braces in November this year. They are (afaik) plain metal braces, and I am getting them put on a week before I go away on a trip with friends.
Now, i most likely won't be drinking that much at all, given I am driving. But I wouldn't mind one drink with dinner if we aren't going anywhere else. I am just wondering if anybody knows if you are allowed to drink alcohol with braces on? I know carbonated drinks like beer and champagne will be out of the question (my orthodontist bans ALL carbonated stuff :(), but things like wihte wine should be ok, right? (reccommend any other braces-friendly stuff too please!)

Right? I am going to be in deep enough trouble as it is- no mars bars, minties, coke, coffee- I'm a goner!!!!!

Don't listen to Orthodontists, seriously they are there to just bore your life. I ate gum, drank pop, did whatever it really doesn't have that much affect.

But considering your just getting your braces put on before you go, they will be really tight. So watch out for anything harder than ice cream, as it hurts like a bitch to chew.

Don't listen to Orthodontists, seriously they are there to just bore your life. I ate gum, drank pop, did whatever it really doesn't have that much affect.

But considering your just getting your braces put on before you go, they will be really tight. So watch out for anything harder than ice cream, as it hurts like a bitch to chew.

X100000000

Not to scare you or anything, but be prepared to go on a liquid/soft food diet for about a week after every orthodontist visit.

^ meh, I've had my wisdom teeth out and am having jaw surgery where I need to be on non-dairy liquids for 6 weeks, so I may as well get prepared....

My teeth don't need much straightening though, tbh. They are only going on to pull my bottom teeth back a bit and because of aforementioned surgery. So I may not have as many problems, becasue my orthodontist doesn't think he'll need to tighten them as much as he normally does.
YAY!

^ meh, I've had my wisdom teeth out and am having jaw surgery where I need to be on non-dairy liquids for 6 weeks, so I may as well get prepared....

My teeth don't need much straightening though, tbh. They are only going on to pull my bottom teeth back a bit and because of aforementioned surgery. So I may not have as many problems, becasue my orthodontist doesn't think he'll need to tighten them as much as he normally does.
YAY!

My teeth were fine minus 3 bottom ones that didn't bother me or my dad at all, by my mom decided she wanted them perfect...6 years later my braces came off <_<.

My teeth were fine minus 3 bottom ones that didn't bother me or my dad at all, by my mom decided she wanted them perfect...6 years later my braces came off <_<.

Ouch :hug:

Mine never actually finished, but after 5 years, I was like take these fucking things off of me, and they did.