Random Thoughts....

^ Do you wear socks?

I had pop socks, but they didn't really fit properly, so I took them off. It was a relatively short walk so I thought I would be ok.

I put on these Party Feet things, which are like plasters, but a lot stickier, and with this gel thing in the middle which is meant to cushion and cool the blister/prevent blisters from forming.

Fat load of good that did :(

By the way, pumps are really small shoes, you wouldn't be able to wear proper socks with them...

Eg.
74716b6749575a56704558334f347369785a51-250x250-0-0.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure what pop socks are, but have you tried no show socks?

no-show-loafer-socks.jpg

Those socks only work in photographs. I think they were designed by a man! Your shoes usually rub around the edges. If you're wearing "no show" socks, they aren't up over the part of the shoe that really, really hurts. If they are up that high then they do show and you look totally stupid. The only thing that helps with that style of shoe is to wear pantyhose (stockings), but they're completely out of fashion these days, especially on someone Buffy's age, not to mention with cute capri pants.

Buffy, the best thing I've ever had suggested to me for the back of the ankle rubbing is to get some good, really sticky bandaids (plasters?) and put it ON THE SHOE, not your foot. You don't even have to change them when you take the shoes off or anything. It works 100 times better than putting them on your feet. It'll be a week or more before you can try wearing those shoes again, but at least you know now where to put the bandaids ahead of time so they don't rub.

By the way, pumps are really small shoes, you wouldn't be able to wear proper socks with them...

Eg.
74716b6749575a56704558334f347369785a51-250x250-0-0.jpg
That sort of shoe is awful for rubbing the same thing happens to me but I normally give up before my skin breaks. Nice shoes are not for walking or extended on your feet time.

my most worn shoes are these:
http://www.merrell.com/US/en-us/ViewProduct.mvc.aspx/7074W/0/Womens/Jungle-Moc?galleryId=W-F
Except I have midget feet so I wear kids size and they are not as expensive. If you can find any cute shoes in that brand defiantly go for it, I have some knee high boots by them that I wore for a full retail shift and it wasn't really painful.

I find it really hard to find shoes that fit me properly.

My feet are really small, and my left foot is about half a dize bigger than my right one. My feet are also really wide, so stuff like Converse are out.

Generally the only shoes I can wear are runners, my Baby Cham sneakers, and slippers :p

Although I do have one pair of pumps, shiny blck ones that I wore out a couple of times, dancing and stuff, an I've had no problems with them so far :dunno:

Those socks only work in photographs. I think they were designed by a man! Your shoes usually rub around the edges.

Haha that is probably true, but I wear them when I wear shoes like my white Rod Laver's and one of my pairs of Onitsuka tigers and they work well for me. The only side effect I don't like is when I take my shoes off I feel like an old lady in those ubiquitous slippers they all wear.:lol:.

I tried to avoid it for nearly 5 years but finally Viper got my soul.

1000th post :whistle:

Those green shoes are really cute! But they do look uncomfortable.

Go for squishier material on flats, I say. I have one pair that's made from a really soft leather that I can walk around in for days 'cause the softer stuff doesn't rub as much. Also, try out a smaller size. Sometimes I have to go down a whole size just to keep it from slipping and rubbing in the back. If your foot's stopped growing, it's not too bad to leave less toe room as long as nothing else is squished.

I love shoes, but hate wearing them. I usually end up wearing flip-flops, LOL. Everywhere. Even when it's cold.

I don't understand how people can buy shoes, much less clothing, online. In one shopping trip, I bought shoes from 2 different companies in 3 different sizes: 10. 10 1/2 wide and 11...and they all fit! How the hell does that work? Even something as simple as trousers/pants...there are waist and inseam measurements...how can two pairs of pants that have the same waist have one that fits, and one that I can't button?

I only buy clothing online if I already have similar things from that brand.

^ I did that once and the pair of jeans I received was too big (even though it was the 'same size' and from the same brand as another pair I have). I just sent it back. But I won't again, because it was a pain. I may buy stuff like underwear online again, but I doubt anything else.

I've never bought clothes online. Mainly because I have enough trouble finding somethnig that will fit me properly here :(

Pennys/Primark has become my best friend lately.
?9 jeans (which my cat seems to really like, but whatever)
?2 t-shirts
?4 scarves
I once got a pair of shoes there for 50c!!
Packs of socks for ?2.50

Everywhere else has gotten really expensive.
Does anyone else remember Claire's Accessories once being really cheap?:|

I have two pairs of Skechers. One is 10, one is 12 1/2. WTF.

Most of my clothes in my closet these days are from my girlfriend, who is determined to get me to dress in nice jeans and dress shirts for the entire winter. I can't complain, I love looking good and she buys me really high-quality clothing (Jos A Bank, American Eagle, etc).

In other news, just found out Armin Van Buren will be at a club near where I live in Chicago on the 9th of October. Tickets are $45. Should I go? I'm flip-flopping like crazy.

I've figured that clothes are expensive too, and that students with nice clothes probably have to eat crappy food or dress with loan money. I may only have two pairs of decent pants and few shirts but at least I'm eating good food and I'm not in debt (so far).

I mean, I went to shopping for clothes few weeks ago. Spend 140? and only got a pair of jeans and two sweaters. The jeans are ace and fit like a glove, but I still find that expensive. All the food and alcohol I could have had with that.:|

Last edited:
I haven't really bought that much clothes over the summer.
I spent a bomb on books and CDs, which my mum wasn't really happy about.

My birthday's coming up, so I'll probably wait till I get some mney from that and get some more clothes...and books and CDs :p