Random Thoughts....

Signs you know you're about to spend too much:

It was in my dads condo. He bought it when it was new :p

What kind of computer is it? My dad might be interested. You can contact him at www.oldcomputermuseum.com

Even though that is probably not really your dad I will tell you. It is a Laser 286S and it is attached to a Tandy Dot Matrix DMP240. Both are fully functional and the computer has it's original monitor and keyboard.

Cue the "WHOOOSH" noise as it goes over your head. Sellers are asking ridiculous prices for "vintage" computers nowadays though. Somebody on eBay was trying to sell an Apple Powerbook 100 in unknown condition (no AC adapter) with a starting bid of $200. Meanwhile, I threw out a working one two years ago because I couldn't find a place to pack it in my MR2. Yeah, I think I was closer to the real price.

Your own fault for not trying to get money for it :p

Eh, I've already made a surprising amount of money flipping old laptops on eBay. This one will just be a nice closet find for the person who moved into that apartment.

Has anyone here read Peter F. Hamilton's The Reality Dysfunction series? (The Reality Dysfunction, The Neutronium Alchemist, The Naked God, all 1k+ pages)

I'm trying to read them, I own all 3, I just can't get myself to sit down and GO. Started The Realty Dysfunction 3 times so far, furthest I got into it was around 130 pages. Maybe next weekend....

Even though that is probably not really your dad I will tell you. It is a Laser 286S and it is attached to a Tandy Dot Matrix DMP240. Both are fully functional and the computer has it's original monitor and keyboard.

I'm gonna go ahead and vouch for CrazyRussian here. I've seen the collection. That is most certainly his father.

<- avatar I has

And you can change it according to your mood.:D

devilducky.jpg

WHOA WHOA WHOA, HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE. THAT'S YOUR DAD? HE'S LIKE, MY FUCKING HERO AND HAS BEEN FOR SOME TIME.

I'm gonna go ahead and vouch for CrazyRussian here. I've seen the collection. That is most certainly his father.

They're all in my basement. If further proof is needed for the internet people, when I get home for Thanksgiving, I can snap some photos for you guys.

D:
wow
I was assuming it was internet sarcasm.

Every time I yawn I have to be careful not to yawn too hard or it makes my now almost healed cut feel like its going to open up again. Ouch.

I also really want to listen to some REO Speedwagon right now...

SHIT A GIANT RUBBER DUCKY

*faints

I'm just now debating about downloading it. Is it the kind of bad that you're compelled to watch or is it just the regular kind?

Regular kind of bad. Cringe worthy bad. I wouldn't waste time downloading it. Wait until it hits youtube if it isn't up already, and just watch it there. I'd say it's worth watching on the tube, but only just.

^ That's how I usually watch Real Time now, on YouTube. Not that Real Time is necessarily a bad show... it's just that it can be very 'hit and miss'. This one time? Ashton Kutcher.

Anyway, YouTube it is for the Leno!

:cheers: