Random Thoughts....

I was a Letterman fan, gosh probably 10-13 years ago.
That was roughly when I was first getting into him. I would have been about 10 or 11 I suppose. I remember Drew Barrymore flashing him, I think I'm remembering right that Giuliani was on that episode... It was the one with the "Happy Da" and "Birthday Ve" t-shirts.:lol:

He used to have solid-gold episodes like that very, very often but not so much any more.

I remember seeing him work the drive thru at McDonald's. "She's gone already, chief" :lol: Ahh... memories.

Back in the days of Joe G's pizza, the Hello Deli and Mujibur & Sirajul... those days seem long gone and I think most of the people who were fans back then have stopped watching. I remember the bit where he got a guy to just go around and around in the revolving door of a hotel until someone would stop him. Or the one where he would drive around yelling at people with a megaphone. All those sorts of things were great but he rarely does anything like that anymore.

But fuck it, he's an institution. I love David Letterman and even though his show is nowhere near the quality it used to be he can still make me laugh... which is difficult for any comedian.

He's not bad now but he's trying WAY too hard. The Top 10 list needs to be maybe once a week if that often. It's gotten truly awful! I don't know if it was a rerun lats night or not, but he tried to give a humorous pictorial education on anaplasmosis. Um, SNORE and I'm a damn biomedical engineer!
Yeah, that episode just finished here a while ago. It wasn't very good.:( I liked the bit about the tic though... beats Adam Sandler.

I dunno... i guess it's a personal thing for me. I really like him and his style just really clicks with me... David Letterman is my fucking hero and I can think back as far as I can and he's always just been there. I can remember when I was 12 and my older sister and her boyfriend would watch Letterman and I'd sit up and watch it with them. I can remember coming home from my night job when I was 16 and watching Letterman. I can remember when I was unemployed and I would always try to get out of bed in time to catch Letterman.

For me it's not Christmas until he's got that meatball on top of the tree and he and Jay Thomas throw footballs at it. Also, this:

[YOUTUBE]KhB4kDwZu7M[/YOUTUBE]

Anyway, that's probably enough of me talking about Letterman.:mrgreen:

Ferguson's stoner jokes crack me up and I've never touched the stuff. I love the puppets, especially the one of himself. I don't know that he's so much tied to CBS for comedic freedom as much as his 12:30am timeslot. I think NBC is desperate enough for ratings to let him do whatever he wanted, but he won't be leaving any time soon. It'd be nice if he were on earlier, mostly so I didn't have to stay up so late, but he would suffer GREATLY in the 11:30pm slot. He's said himself he isn't sure he even wants it.
Yeah, that's what I meant about 'never being on The Tonight Show' or whatever it was that I said. I meant that The Tonight Show is on at 11:30 and I think he's better when he's on at 12:30 when no one's watching.:D

I'll let you know when Leno does the car segment, how about that. I'm giving the man a fair chance.
OK but I've already lost interest in the whole thing anyway.:mrgreen:

I watch those videos on Leno's Garage... he even manages to make Bugatti's sound dull.

Bah, I'm bored. This Ferguson just totally cracked me up. "Cleaver." Geez even at 12:30 we have absurd puritanical broadcasting rules! You'd almost think this country was founded by Puritans or something. Yeah I know, not my joke.

[YOUTUBE]gCUZvve11XY[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
UGH!!

generic fangirl is making our family's life a living hell not only did she flunked every class, and i do mean EVERY class but she took mothers mobile phone, gave it to her friend (who is a communist and living, breathing proof that natural selection does not work. Just like all her friends and my sister really) who then proceded to call her mum, her dad, her friends, pretty much everyone she knows, at our expense

i envy my dad, who has been able to get through all this without giving her a ass-whoopin' i for one hand would use a slightly more effective method

65a1a9d6.jpg

UGH!!

generic fangirl is making our family's life a living hell not only did she flunked every class, and i do mean EVERY class but she took mothers mobile phone, gave it to her friend (who is a communist and living, breathing proof that natural selection does not work. Just like all her friends and my sister really) who then proceded to call her mum, her dad, her friends, pretty much everyone she knows, at our expense

i envy my dad, who has been able to get through all this without giving her a ass-whoopin' i for one hand would use a slightly more effective method

Pain isn't the best way to teach someone something, it's probably the best in short term but it's better to teach consequence analysis as that will help her later in life more as it's something that can be built upon where as physical punishment just teaches her about just this one thing. I'd say it'd be better to make her (and her friend) work part time somewhere to pay back the money they used up.

Pain isn't the best way to teach someone something, it's probably the best in short term but it's better to teach consequence analysis as that will help her later in life more as it's something that can be built upon where as physical punishment just teaches her about just this one thing. I'd say it'd be better to make her (and her friend) work part time somewhere to pay back the money they used up.
Bullshit. Pain worked fine for hundreds of years. Now these whiny ass politically correct whores have their fucking children out in public screaming and yelling, and they wont lay a hand on them to make them shut the fuck up. :mad:

Same with troublemakers. Beat some common sense into them, and if they die, it's natural selection.

^sorry to disagree with you salle, but not-pain doesn't work. it just makes you believe you can get away with anything when you cant.

part time works do not exist in honduras and both are 13-year olds so that is pretty much out, i normally i''m the kind of guy that thinks ?she'll learn from their mistakes? but that is taking it to far. to make matters worse that stud-ass communist girl still has the mobile phone, possibly selling calls to all of her friends, costing us fuel, my utter pirates shirt, amongst other things

fuck letting them learn from their fuck-ups. a can of whoop-ass that's what i need

I go to work today. (note I have 4 bosses).

1st boss - Hasn't gotten me the photoshop license so I can't work on image editing and uploading some new buttons and flyers.

2nd boss - Has no idea what's going on with the website and is preoccupied with grant work.

3rd boss - Has nothing for me to do on the site and the part that I'm waiting for him to finish programming is getting delayed because he has to work on other software for other Principal Investigators (P.I.'s).

4th boss - Hasn't met with us and hasn't spoken anything about what needs to go on the site, what needs to be changed.

So basically, until my 1st boss gets me the photoshop license, I have absolutely nothing to do.

I'm not sure whether I should be happy that I get an hour or 2 to surf the web and get paid for it, or whether I should be sad that I came in hoping I would be busy and I have nothing to do.

Vacuum or clean or something, bosses eat that shit up.

Vacuum or clean or something, bosses eat that shit up.

:lol: I'd so love to do that, but I work at the hospital, so they have like more people than the armed forces dedicated to keeping the place dust, dirt, and idiot-free.

I might just make a word document, call it "Massages - $10" and sit outside my office pitching :p.

Man, Nineteen Eighty Four is daaaaaaaaaaark!!!
:|

I knew it was dark in regards to all the corruptness and stuff, and Animal Farm kind of prepared me for it...

But that ending...dang! :(

I knew it was dark in regards to all the corruptness and stuff, and Animal Farm kind of prepared me for it...

Orwell was determined to depict a totalitarian system from which there was absolutely no escape. I was shocked about the ending as well when I first read the book.

I suppose maybe because I am a bit of an optimist, I thought, deep down, that

Winston would escape, or "beat" the Party and Big Brother somehow

Alas...

It's not even depressing as in sad.
It's more of a "...Holy shit" kind of ending.

Like Boy in the Striped Pyjamas.

Man, Nineteen Eighty Four is daaaaaaaaaaark!!!
:|

What, did nobody warn you? :lol: Try reading Brave New World afterwards, it starts off a bit lighter but, arguably, gets worse.

He took the words out of my mouth. 1984 and Brave New World are two of my very favorite books of all time, some of the only I've actually re-read. Marvelous, marvelous books. You ought to be able to get Brave New World even at your crappy local library. I can't recommend it enough.

Noooo! I still need to read 1984! Damnit I need to buy a copy as well I think.

Brave New World... left some... interesting images in my mind. Beyond the plot. The word "pneumatic" will never be the same for me.

I normally prefer a much lighter read but 1984 and Brave New World both kept me riveted.

Last edited:
Well I'm reading Fear and Loathing next, so that should cheer me up :)

Or at least encourage me to start taking mind altering drugs...

I hate booking hotels and flights online, comparing, hunting the best prices. I might just consider staying at home or pay the premium at a local travel agent if I don?t have to look at Hotel-descriptions anymore, read the bullshit that other people call opinions and consider stupid flight suggestions that save me 2 Euros in the end ...

I?m such a cheapskate and right now I?m really* suffering for it. <_<

*no, not really ... I?m just fed up right now. Tomorrow I will be very pleased with myself If I can shave 10 Euros of a 1000? Trip ... now ... I can go without breakfast easily ... there?s gotta be anthother couple Euros to save there ...

"I hate purity. Hate goodness. I don't want virtue to exist anywhere. I want everyone corrupt."

I read the book years ago, and now watched the film and read the book again. I was hit like a hammer. The film (yes, made in 1984, and actually partially shot on exact dates mentioned, like April 4th) is very grim and very gripping, and perfectly made, too. Even the Eurythmics soundtrack is excellent :mrgreen:

It'll be interesting to see how the future remake will look like; one of the conditions that they got the filming rights 25 years ago was to not use any stupid special effects. I'll wince if it's going to all Minority Report next time.