Random Thoughts....

Its almost 2AM right now eastern, I have to wake up in 4 hours and give a philosophy presentation then immediately take a calculus test woo woo

Test = "Diffusion of Innovations"

...a.k.a. the class that uses the video game industry as its case study for how new innovations/developments/inventions/etc. spread throughout a social system.

Usually it's no big deal, but the tests are pretty hard to begin with and I've been in and out of class sick for the past few weeks. Not good.

Fun class aside from the tests, though.

Last edited:
Do the tests require knowledge of specific instances or just ask how things propagate through the social system?

Daylight savings time confounds me. So the original purpose was to reduce new fangled incandescent lighting useage in the evening - which I just learned, I had always thought it was something to do with the morning, which made less sense. The point seems valid, but it's pretty much pointless. An extra hour of light in the evening in the summer, whoopdedoo, summer days are already plenty long. The power saving is irrelevent, since your going to have to use more power in the winter anyways - both for the longer nights and for keeping warm. Why do we still have daylight savings time? A few years back when the US decided to change when the clocks shift and the rest of the world had to follow suit or else everything would have gotten screwed up, why did they choose to arbitrarily change the date that the clocks shift rather than abolishing this archaic and pointless practice?

Studies on power saving from daylight savings time contradict each other all over the place. Power consumption goes down, but yet it goes up, but yet it doesn't change at all.

Asia, lots of South America, Central America, and Africa have given up DST. It doesn't exist in the Pacific rim. Iceland, half of Australia, Saskatchewan, and Arizona don't use DST. WHY ARE WE STILL USING IT.

Do the tests require knowledge of specific instances or just ask how things propagate through the social system?

Bits of both...which is what stumped me on the last test. I focused on concepts, not examples. Ouch.

Doesn't work, need the ******'s of the after the www.

Whoa I quoted a post that doesn't exist....

I'm assuming it's carsales dot com in where the *********s are.

Nice!

I learned an incredibly complex word in science today, you ready?

Adenosinetriphosphate and Adenosinediphosphate (Also known as ATP or ADP)

I have got to find a way to mix that in my conversations somehow, though the smart person would just say ATP or ADP..:razz:

Yay, the Wiesn is over, and there was no bombing, and I managed to survive more or less unscathed.

Though my wallet does hate me for it.

I was at the nose doctor today, and he sprayed lidocaine in my nose!

holly shit that's uncomfortable :( my nose is still partially numb.

and i was on the internet today (searching for a pic of a lidocaine spray), and I found this

687f_1_bl.JPG

LOL

ps. the forum underlines lidocaine! there it is again...

Last edited:
STUD DELAY!!! He's clearly not much of a STUD then!! hahaha!! Wouldn't that feel terrible for both of them though? Numb sex... errrrrgghhh

This cup of tea tastes strangely soapy....

All the talk of loneliness earlier has reminded me of how I'm the only person I know who is dateless, and how I have been for over 2 years now. Yeah, being the constant "I'm single and I'm happy and independent and proud!!!!" poster girl has lost its fun. Dammit, my little sister has a boyfriend!!!!!!! :(

I now officially HATE doing preliminary aircraft design.

So many fucken equations its not funny. Even worse than freakin aerodynamics.

Daylight savings time confounds me. So the original purpose was to reduce new fangled incandescent lighting useage in the evening - which I just learned, I had always thought it was something to do with the morning, which made less sense. The point seems valid, but it's pretty much pointless. An extra hour of light in the evening in the summer, whoopdedoo, summer days are already plenty long. The power saving is irrelevent, since your going to have to use more power in the winter anyways - both for the longer nights and for keeping warm. Why do we still have daylight savings time? A few years back when the US decided to change when the clocks shift and the rest of the world had to follow suit or else everything would have gotten screwed up, why did they choose to arbitrarily change the date that the clocks shift rather than abolishing this archaic and pointless practice?

Studies on power saving from daylight savings time contradict each other all over the place. Power consumption goes down, but yet it goes up, but yet it doesn't change at all.

Asia, lots of South America, Central America, and Africa have given up DST. It doesn't exist in the Pacific rim. Iceland, half of Australia, Saskatchewan, and Arizona don't use DST. WHY ARE WE STILL USING IT.

DST was invented by the devil to annoy us humans. It is pointless..

also, random thought of the day : According to the UN, Belgium is officially a crappier country than the US

Code:
1 Norway
2 Australia 
3 Iceland 
4 Canada 
5 Ireland 
6 Netherlands 
7 Sweden 
8 France
9 Switzerland 
10 Japan 
11 Luxembourg 
12 Finland 
13 United States 
14 Austria 
15 Spain
16 Denmark 
17 Belgium
18 Italy 
19 Liechtenstein 
20 New Zealand 
21 United Kingdom 
22 Germany 
23 Singapore
24 Hong Kong, China (SAR) 
25 Greece 
26 Korea (Republic of) 
27 Israel 
28 Andorra
29 Slovenia
30 Brunei Darussalam 
31 Kuwait
32 Cyprus
33 Qatar 
34 Portugal 
35 United Arab Emirates
36 Czech Republic 
37 Barbados
38 Malta

DST was invented by the devil to annoy us humans. It is pointless..

Shun the non-believer! SHUN!!!

DST is full of win - I want my daylight towards the end of the day, not at the start when it's of no use to me at all.

As for that UN countries poll - damn Norwegians, bribing the UN to win... :p

Last edited:

DST is full of win - I want my daylight towards the end of the day, not at the start when it's of no use to me at all.

Yeah, but DST only applies in the summer, where you've got enough daylight as it is. The only time I'd like extra light in the evening is in the winter - and I don't get any then.

Yeah, but DST only applies in the summer, where you've got enough daylight as it is.

Extra daylight at a useful time of the day is always welcome regardless of the season. And given the choice - I'll take that extra daylight at a time of year when I can enjoy it - i.e. the warmer months.

As for that UN countries poll - damn Norwegians, bribing the UN to win... :p

if you want extra daylight, why not just get up an hour earlier and enjoy it, and let the rest of the world keep their clocks at the correct time?