Random Thoughts....

^Or you guys could all move to Arizona where they don't change the time at all....ever. Mountain Standard Time all the year 'round.

Nah, end of DST is fun though. "Ohhh, better get up, it's probably 7. Oh no, it's 6, another hour of sleep..."

The start is a real bitch though, but I'm on holidays so I can sleep in and avoid it. First year I could do that :D

(just ignoring the need for study....)

^Or you guys could all move to Arizona where they don't change the time at all....ever. Mountain Standard Time all the year 'round.

that does sound cool, but I'd rather be in a cool sounding state like Assachusetts or Awesomelahoma

I just saw Lurker Patrol's new title....I've seen that video before but still it's fucking hilarious.

No, that requires moving away from Australia.

You could just move to Queensland (Insert QLD Joke Here)....

Last edited:
excellent article by somebody of telegraph.co.uk ... (I don?t agree with everything in it, but it has a lot of good points IMO)

50 things that are being killed by the internet
The internet has wrought huge changes on our lives ? both positive and negative ? in the fifteen years since its use became widespread.[...]
42) The nervous thrill of the reunion
You've spent the past five years tracking their weight-gain on Facebook, so meeting up with your first love doesn't pack the emotional punch it once did.
:)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/6133903/50-things-that-are-being-killed-by-the-internet.html
Worth a read if you are older than 25 and remember how things were before the net became a part of your life ... (aka being and old fool waving his walking-stick at young people)

Pretty much what I consider the efoolution my nickname is about ...

Last edited:
I learned an incredibly complex word in science today, you ready?

Adenosinetriphosphate and Adenosinediphosphate (Also known as ATP or ADP)

I have got to find a way to mix that in my conversations somehow, though the smart person would just say ATP or ADP..:razz:

Pffff...those are old time friends. *holds Biology degree*

I have got to find a way to mix that in my conversations somehow, though the smart person would just say ATP or ADP..:razz:

Yes and if you ever meet anyone who knows what they are and then you pronounce the words out, they will laugh at you. Let me know when you get to photophosphorylation. :p

Speaking of biology: http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2009/10/05/health/AP-EU-Nobel-Medicine.html

My new favorite scientist in the world... ever said:
People might make predictions of who might win, but one never expects it, she said, adding that ''It's like the Monty Python sketch, 'Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!' "
:lol:

Aw, the kid thinks ATP and ADP have long names! Just wait until you start learning IUPAC names for branched hydrocarbons.

Last edited:
And shocking other news, scientists are nerds!

Well yes, but as anyone in academia knows, it's not what you know, it's what you're known to know, or in this case be. I'm just glad that people like that are proudly nerdy in public...but then again, if you win the Nobel, you're almost obligated to get away with that.

Well yes, but as anyone in academia knows, it's not what you know, it's what you're known to know, or in this case be. I'm just glad that people like that are proudly nerdy in public...but then again, if you win the Nobel, you're almost obligated to get away with that.

I know, I just think it's amusing. A friend of mine from high school was amazed that I can still quote Monty Python when she's forgotten it all. She doesn't "get" that once you're a nerd there are certain nerdy things that are expected of you. I'm a pretty bad nerd actually. I don't game and there are lots of nerd movies I've missed.

I know, I just think it's amusing. A friend of mine from high school was amazed that I can still quote Monty Python when she's forgotten it all. She doesn't "get" that once you're a nerd there are certain nerdy things that are expected of you. I'm a pretty bad nerd actually. I don't game and there are lots of nerd movies I've missed.

Tell me about it. I still get shocked looks when people send me remixes of Zelda or Final Fanatasy songs and I just listen blankly. Same thing when I mention I haven't seen any of the Alien or Terminator or Indiana Jones movies...but with those it's not just the gamer nerds who are shocked.

^ You got the degree for pronouncing those words correctly? :p

Among other things

Yes and if you ever meet anyone who knows what they are and then you pronounce the words out, they will laugh at you. Let me know when you get to photophosphorylation. :p

:lmao:

Biochemistry is fun, but sometimes scary.

Speaking of biology: http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2009/10/05/health/AP-EU-Nobel-Medicine.html

:lol:

Aw, the kid thinks ATP and ADP have long names! Just wait until you start learning IUPAC names for branched hydrocarbons.

:rofl:

I love how a single hydrocarbon can have a gazillion names.