Random Thoughts....

Yes we all agree chili is about meat being the base. After that anything is fair game. I tend to throw whatever I have around into the mix. Beans, corn, mushrooms, etc.

HEATHENS. No, beans should not be a central component - that's down to the meat and the OH GOD ITS SPICY, but beans add a necessary textural element.

In my chili, the texture is taken care of by diced white onions, red bell peppers and jalapenos. No beans needed. Beans = pointless filler.

Coolest flag ever: Yaroslavl Oblast.

yaroslavl-oblast-flag.gif

In fact, I'm making it my new avatar. O HAI BEAR WIT LARGE AXE R U A FRIENDLY BEAR LAWL

my cat didn't come home for 5 days...he is already over 15 years old, but had become realy skinny in a short while

i'm affraid he's dead :(

In my chili, the texture is taken care of by diced white onions, red bell peppers and jalapenos. No beans needed. Beans = pointless filler.
^ This.

I don't like the texture of beans in my chili. Adding them in = fail. You've made bean soup and I'd rather have some chili.

bone: Really sorry to hear that. :cry:

Brings back a bit of an awful memory for me. Back in 2006 we let our 12 year-old old Siamese cat out like we did every morning, and she never came home. About three-four days later my dad came over and went under the house to look around (she often liked to go under there) and he found her passed on. Bit of a mystery, she seemed to be in perfect health that day so we suspect she might have eaten something poisonous or something like that. Ugh, thinking about it makes me sad.

I hope something positive emerges, although with a 15 year old animal I'd be worried too. :crosses fingers and toes:

Being unemployed does have some benefits. After fruitlessly looking for jobs three days in a row, I sat in front of the laptop and watched the entire Pirates of the Carribean trilogy, and then the soundtrack.
Sounds about like my sick day.

I've found that I get internets in this one spot...if I don't move.

Don't. Touch. Anything. in this apartment. Still downloading more crap to watch. Need. Stillness. Thx.

Right, just submitted my application today to do an engineering placement in Hong Kong.

Finger VERY tightly crossed.

GAH i feel old, can't believe i'm getting hitched....AGAIN! I just hope the second time it goes through well....Being divorced and going into another marriage weirds me out considering I did not even hit 30. I hope I don't end up like the guy at work that's on his 8th wife by the time they reach 50....:blink:

Oh well, this time, wedding planning goes all to the future wifey...except for the booze at the reception, my contribution is open bar :lol:

wut? You're on your second marriage already? From the avatar you look about 15 yo...

Oh please. This is Top Gear. You want a factual show, look somewhere else. Not all Americans are fat, stupid hicks, either, but you don't hear us complaining about the American road trip, do you?

You mean Americans aren't all stupid fat hicks? What gave you that idea?
Also, there was lots of complaining back then

Scripting.....check
Too rushed.....check
Angry fist-shaking by a particular ethnicity or social group.....check

Seems like the episode had all the elements needed for a good one.
^
THIS

I just upgraded to Win 7 on the desktop. I'd rather not talk about why, I'll just say that I'm a dumbass (again).

Ok I won't ask why, but I will ask why you went from Vista to 7 to Vista again?

No, but I asked the cutest girl out and she said yes ;)

let's hope she doesn't like FWD!!!

I know I'm out sick today and all, but there's something about watching whole seasons of TV shows in one sitting that makes me feel really, really lazy awesome.

FTFY. Sometimes I have so much crap to watch I kinda want to get sick so I can finally watch 8 hours or more of straight TV without feeling guilty

I used to spend hours massaging my ex... That always made her really...

I figure the first human that tried it had seen that other animals eat eggs, so it's probably safe. Or she/he ate it first and thought about it later. Bummer if you were into trying out mushrooms back then. Sort of russian roulette, with mushrooms. Of course neither russians nor roulette were invented back then so they never knew of the dangers.

then there's the guy who thought of the eggs/mushrooms combo... that was an awesome guy

Thank God, because I always hated beans. Almost as much as I love chili.

Now I'm off to look up decent chili recipes to make at home...anybody got any good ones? :D

You, sir, are Rong. You're also incorrect. Chili needs beans.

Sounds about like my sick day.

I've found that I get internets in this one spot...if I don't move.

Don't. Touch. Anything. in this apartment. Still downloading more crap to watch. Need. Stillness. Thx.

how is that possible?

Worked until 9PM last night to get my thesis ready to be printed, and then submitted it in. Went home, watched TG, then watched the final episode of Shtrafbat / The Penal Battalion, which is an epic Russian war series. Today my Bryan Ferry CD awaited in the mail box, and I have to tell you, B?te Noire is definitely my favorite driving music right now.

let's hope she doesn't like FWD!!!

If you are really going to keep that thing up, I deserve a title for the thread :lol::lol: Anyway, she owns a bike, and haven't heard of any of those being fwd ;)

I figure if I wrap my laptop in tin foil and hold this cord up above my head like so...

*stands up on one foot, lifts the other leg up flamingo-style and curves left arm like a ballerina above her head*

...I might be able to mooch my neighbor's internets.

Might.

I figure if I wrap my laptop in tin foil and hold this cord up above my head like so...

*stands up on one foot, lifts the other leg up flamingo-style and curves left arm like a ballerina above her head*

...I might be able to mooch my neighbor's internets.

Might.

If you want a makeshift antenna, get some chicken wire and copper string (or whatever it's called) and make a tube with copper strings poking out of it. I managed to steal satellite Tv with one back in our old house :lol:

Right, just submitted my application today to do an engineering placement in Hong Kong.

Finger VERY tightly crossed.
You can't cross one finger, can you?

Ugg, I didn't get anything remotely approximating good sleep last night. SIGH. Extra coffee made.

I was at the dentist today, chipped a piece of a filling and it hurt so off I went, got a local anaesthetic and it's just now my face feels normal, it was over 5 hours ago, she said it would last about an hour and a half <_<