Random Thoughts....

I'm seeing Wait Wait Don't Tell Me!

In St. Louis!

On tax day!

:dance:

Hooray it's finally 1985! Greatest year for everything*!
This is the grand finale of my 1985-theme so I'll give you not one but two unforgettable songs from the bestest year and some more facts on it's bestness.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz2cUX0CNA8[/YOUTUBE]

In 1985 all kinds of good things happened including

The Discovery Channel starts
Back to the Future premieres
I am born!
Commodore launches the Amiga
Windows 1.0 is released

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2H5NLInOog[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Sweet lord...Lily Allen is just terrible!:blink:

1985 was the best year ever. Everyone was happy for an entire year and people dressed elegantly and not at all tacky.
Yes. Everything started to go downhill in 1986. :cry:

Why, were you born on a ski slope?

I have much sympathy for geeman. He must still be up there trapped. As we know all ski slopes have an unavoidable murderous snow monster at the end.

Geeman's father? :cry:
Skifree_yeti.png

1985 also holds the 'honour' of being the most lethal year in civil aviation ever. :whistle:

• June 14 ? TWA Flight 847, carrying 153 passengers from Athens to Rome, is hijacked by a Hezbollah fringe group. One passenger, U.S. Navy Petty Officer Robert Stethem, is killed.
  • June 23 ? Air India Flight 182, a Boeing 747, blows up 31,000 feet (9,500 m) above the Atlantic Ocean, south of Ireland, killing all 329 aboard.
  • August 2 ? Delta Air Lines Flight 191 crashes near Dallas, Texas, killing 137 people.
  • August 12 ? Japan Airlines Flight 123 crashes in Japan, killing 520 people (the worst single-aircraft disaster in history).
  • November 23 ? EgyptAir Flight 648 is hijacked by the Abu Nidal group and flown to Malta, where Egyptian commandos storm the plane; 60 are killed by gunfire and explosions.
  • December 12 ? Arrow Air Flight 1285, a Douglas DC-8, crashes after takeoff in Gander, Newfoundland, killing 256,

Ooh sweet Skifree!!1

So I used to work at the Space Sciences Laboratory back in Berkeley and did some research there during undergrad times.

I was on their mailing list because I had to sign up as a new user, and even though its been a few years, I'm still on their mailing list.

Sometimes they'll have interesting emails about papers that have gone out, research that was done, and even ipod touch/iphone apps to download. But mostly its things like

"Red Honda Accord parked near Grizzly Peak. Your lights are on"

Today I got a mail attached to an important email about hazardous materials and labcoats with the subject title "Sandwich Taken from Addition Lobby"

Folks,

Someone help themselves to a sandwich from the Addition Lobby

that belong to a NASA Official who had paid for that sandwich out

of his pocket. This NASA Official had no lunch. I can?t convey the

level of inappropriateness of this act and to what this NASA Official

is really feeling.

However did this please come by my office with $6 or put it in an envelope

in my mailbox. The NASA Official will be reimbursed.

Thank you, David

<3 SSL :lol:

So I used to work at the Space Sciences Laboratory back in Berkeley and did some research there during undergrad times.

I was on their mailing list because I had to sign up as a new user, and even though its been a few years, I'm still on their mailing list.

Sometimes they'll have interesting emails about papers that have gone out, research that was done, and even ipod touch/iphone apps to download. But mostly its things like

"Red Honda Accord parked near Grizzly Peak. Your lights are on"

Today I got a mail attached to an important email about hazardous materials and labcoats with the subject title "Sandwich Taken from Addition Lobby"

<3 SSL :lol:

Not many English majors there I take it.

Still props to the whoever devoured that sandwich. NASA had it coming.

Reactions: LP
I'm wondering if I should buy these:

A02005_4.jpg

I'm hankering to build an airfix kit after watching James May's show.

Help. I'm really bored in class! :(

I started to build a Bae Hawk model once (not a Red Arrows one, though) when I was a kid once on school holidays. I don't think I ever finished it. Oh well.

I really sucked at finishing things I started as a kid. I don't think I'm much better now! :lol:

June 14 ? TWA Flight 847, carrying 153 passengers from Athens to Rome, is hijacked by a Hezbollah fringe group. One passenger, U.S. Navy Petty Officer Robert Stethem, is killed.

Was The Delta Force based on this?

I think I did complete a F-15 once, painted it in desert camo. I haven't seen it since the last time moved house, however. Maybe it got thrown out or lost or something. Bugger, I was proud of it!

I would always take great care in completing model car kits (the plastic Tamiya 1:20 ones) and ensure every detail was painstakingly correct. As soon as I'd finish it, I'd admire it for a few mins, then chuck it in a cupboard somewhere to be forgotten about and eventually binned :p.