Random Thoughts....

You do know that health is primarily the responsibilities of the state, DHS run the hospitals in Victoria with some funding coming from the federal government.

I knew DHS had something to do with it, but I didn't know the federal gov. just run the funding. And still, even they make a hash of it.

And RB, I'll probably vote for Liberal on the basis that my parents vote for Liberal.

/\/\/\ He is a drama queen, and the heaters are on in the school now. However the teachers don't control it, so they usually crack open a window to even out the temperature to something bearable because the front office has the heat set to like 70 degrees but that can feel a lot warmer with the way the school is insulated and all the wood and paper in the classrooms. Which is nice when you're coming out of below freezing but unpleasant when you've just had a sizable lunch.

So I figured I needed a bit of time to decompress from my contract work tonight (So what if I have a huge deadline Friday that I'm absolutely nowhere near being prepared for, THIS SHIT IS STRESSFUL), and decided I'd catch up on some personal projects. One of which involved going back and looking at some information I obtained at the hacker* convention Defcon last year (I didn't get to go this year because of shitty contract work ramping to production in the middle of when I'd normally take my big annual west-coast trip).

So I pulled out my con CD and checked out the relevant powerpoint. And then I decided I really needed video of the speaker as well because Defcon presenters are actually decent and the powerpoint is marginally useless without at least the audio, so I hit the website and downloaded that. And then I saw all the talks I wanted so badly to go to but missed because of scheduling conflicts with other talks, or because the room was full, or a minor medical emergency involving my gf's nipple (NEVER BRINGING A GIRL TO CON EVER AGAIN), or because I was drunk, or whatever.

And then I saw all the cool stuff I missed this year.

I have now spent the better part of 8 hours watching presentations on a variety of really fascinating (and often really scary) security-related stuff. My favorite part, however, is the presentation style. Half of these guys aren't drinking water during their talk - they've got beer. Defcon is the major informal hacker con (it's immediately preceded on the calendar and in the same city as the major FORMAL one, Blackhat) and it really shows - everyone's talking about their pet favorite subjects, they're really enthusiastic, and these conventions are really the most fun things that I've done in my LIFE - and they're also INCREDIBLY information-dense and informative - if you have the right mindset and inquisitive nature to care.

(*Yes, I identify and have been tentatively recognized by others as a hacker. If you have a problem with that, you have the wrong definition of the word and we can have a chat via PM. Or you can be ignorant and neg-rep me for being a criminal, your choice.)

I almost refuse to talk politics with anyone nowadays. I think both Bush and Obama have been epic failures in various ways, yet I can't hardly say that without whoever I'm talking to automatically going off into an asinine diatribe about how one is God's gift to politics and the other is the Antichrist. Good grief.

At least I can kinda vent in my poli sci classes. BlaRo hit the nail on the head on the last page in regards to what I think on the whole mess.

Politics here have become nasty. Why can't people just sit down like civilized human beings and discuss the issues nowadays? I hate it.

EyeMWing:

Wait...nipple emergencies?

You're not LurkerPatrol's evil twin, are you?

EyeMWing:

Wait...nipple emergencies?

You're not LurkerPatrol's evil twin, are you?

Her nipple piercing got infected and she waffled back and forth for like an hour between "No, go to the con" and "TAKE ME TO THE HOSPITAL I DON'T WANT MY NIPPLE TO FALL OFF" and ultimately settled on "There's a Rite-Aid next to the hotel, go get me something to put on it" so I lost another 45 minutes going downstairs (We were on the 26th floor from what I recall, and the damned elevator had to stop on every floor), walking to the rite aid, finding whatever it was she wanted, walking back to hour hotel, going back upstairs (fortunately only a few stops on the way up), going all the way back downstairs again and walking down the block to the Riviera. I'd intended to be there for the first talk at 9AM, and got there halfway through the 11AM talks - so I didn't get to see anything until noon.

^ get rid of the spiders too.
And bring back the concorde so you can actually get to Australia in less then 7 million hours. :lol:

Turn the Bathurst 1000 into what I'm always mistaking it, 24 hours of Bathurst!

And drop the Bathhurst booze limit, Most High and Supreme Emperor racingfan1, haha.

Also: make Top Gear release a soundtrack of the songs they use in the shows.

And get ninjacoco a Porsche 911, thx.

Probably. :p No wonder, given the amount of money you can rob a bank for nowadays (bank robbers are lucky if they get ?10,000 or more).

Which is why you go after the transports or the counting stations. Bonus points for using a helicopter.

^^ and ash a Zonda coz I don't think Santa is going to come to the party AGAIN!!!

Then again, I am nasty and evil and at the top of the naughty list.

I just yawned seven times in a row. Either I'm really tired (most likely) or the carbon dioxide levels in my study are abnormally high.

I'll be in bed early tonight for sure. I probably need a few hours extra sleep, going by the fuzzy / zombie / spaced out feeling I've felt today. I don't think I took in much at all during the lectures. I got asked a question and all I could do was make a face like: :huh: ....then I got laughed at. :(

^^ and ash a Zonda coz I don't think Santa is going to come to the party AGAIN!!!

Me too. :(

Hahaha, if I ever have to name a kid, it's definitely gonna be Zonda! Lulz.

(The Pope's cobbler makes girl shoes, right?)

Last edited:
Which is why you go after the transports or the counting stations. Bonus points for using a helicopter.
Indeed you do. Like the coup in France some time ago...

Random thought: Stealing money from banks shouldn't be a crime, as they practically stole it from the taxpayers first...

When I come to power, that's my first resolution. Australia is nothing but beaches, bbq, sunshine and V8 Supercars. And the Bathurst 1000 will be an international holiday.
Yes please

^ get rid of the spiders too.
And bring back the concorde so you can actually get to Australia in less then 7 million hours. :lol:
I actually don't mind spiders, but getting around the place very quickly is something I want. More roads, actually

Turn the Bathurst 1000 into what I'm always mistaking it, 24 hours of Bathurst!
Fuck yes please!

And drop the Bathhurst booze limit, Most High and Supreme Emperor racingfan1, haha.
Can I be Emperoress then?

:|