Random Thoughts....

Fuck. I fucked up. Random $105 charge appeared on my debit card, putting me into overdrawn and causing a $30 service charge, right when I ordered some flowers which caused another $30 service charge. $200 in the hole, gotta figure out how to fix this...

Fortunately I have some assets, I can transfer money, I am probably just going to treat it as a "loan" from my other account and pay it back, that way it will fly with my parents.

I am working full-time for the next three weeks, so it's not like I'm not going to have money - I just don't have any right now :-(

Oh and because it's break I'm paying for 3 meals a day. Make that one meal. I might head to target to pick up some Ramen :p

Last edited:
I hate being broke.

I have $2? to my name right now. Boo, hiss.

Can't you call your bank and explain what happened? If I haven't overdrafted in a long time, usually they'll work with me and drop the extra charge.

Last edited:
I hate being broke.

I have $2? to my name right now. Boo, hiss.

Can't you call your bank and explain what happened? If I haven't overdrafted in a long time, usually they'll work with me and drop the extra charge.

I'm going to go in tomorrow to see what the $105 charge was, and have it removed if possible. For the life of me, I cannot think of what I spent $105 on. I HAVEN'T BOUGHT ANYTHING WORTH THAT MUCH!

Also going to ask them to remove the overdraft fees, if they refuse then I'll probably threaten to close the account and see where that gets me. If they still say no, I'll close the account and make a new one with Chase. My current bank sucks anyway.

Also, issue, I pay for my girlfriend when she's around, too. So I have that to contend with. I have plenty of cash for the moment, but I need to get things straightened out.

Last edited:
top tip for college students: on weekends sleep through lunch and you'll only have to buy 1 meal a day!:D

Also: let the girl pay for something!

I find it sweet when guys want to pay for everything, but after a while, that makes me feel like a mooch.

(That being said, I still have $2 to my name and would LOVE someone to buy me stuff right now...)

Last edited:
Also: let the girl pay for something!

I find it sweet when guys want to pay for everything, but after a while, that makes me feel like a mooch.

(That being said, I still have $2 to my name and would LOVE someone to buy me stuff!)

I do occasionally, like breakfast or something, but for the most part I pay for everything.

I'm not complaining, just saying that this adds another layer of complexity to my entire issue.

I take forever to eat, so I really only bother with dinner. I may snack earlier, but...dinner FTW.

I accidentally napped through work time. Now I need to haul bum and do a million things at once. My project group is going to chew me out. :(

Last edited:
Does anyone really use instant messaging programs?

I mean, I'm almost always signed into MSN, but rarely talk to anyone.

I gave up on MSN, Yahoo, even googletalk, all i use is irc

I'm always on AIM and Gmail-chat (I use Pidgin). I also have Skype on in the background all the time, but hardly ever use it as a chat program.

I actually don't know why I spend so much time on here.

I don't really chat to anyone, nor do I do much on Facebook.

And my deviantART account is dead as all hell.

I think I'm quite sick of the internet.

LOL. My 'page-up' key appears to be stuck so the pages keep scrolling up all the time. It's simultaneously trippy and extremely annoying.

...and I appear to have fixed it now.

EDIT: Speaking of Facebook and all that crap, I'm just about the only person I know IRL (besides my own mother, and others who can hardly use a computer) who isn't either on Facebook or Myspace or any of those social networking sites. I still talk to people using email - and that is all. I used to be on MSN messenger regularly, but now I don't use it...ever. I actually have very little time to be online these days - which is probably just as well, or I'd have never got through my course this year. I have to wait 'till Feb to get my results, however, once our last work placement is finished.It feels like a fair while to wait, but I've only got two pieces of work I have to get done and that's pretty much it.

Last edited:

Take a break! I took 4 weeks leave from the internet over the summer and it did me good. I'm starting to find the internet boring again though, so I think I'm gonna leave my phone and laptop at home when I go to vacation in Mexico in 2 weeks.

I actually don't know why I spend so much time on here.

I don't really chat to anyone, nor do I do much on Facebook.

And my deviantART account is dead as all hell.

the internet is addicting and evil that's why.

I'm on aim constantly, but that's only because if I'm not my friends get all weirded out and think I died. Then I have to answer annoying texts messages. I hate texting.

I think I'm gonna leave my phone and laptop at home when I go to vacation in Mexico in 2 weeks.

I don't understand why people bring internet devices on vacation. You're supposed to be getting away for a couple weeks FFS. You can sit in a room and do nothing on the internet at home.

I don't understand why people bring internet devices on vacation. You're supposed to be getting away for a couple weeks FFS. You can sit in a room and do nothing on the internet at home.

True. I usually stay off the internet during vacation, but I like to keep in touch with some friends, like via text messages. But I probably won't even do that this time.