Random Thoughts....

I really really really want a Subaru Impreza. God damnit, if only we had the money...:cry:

Well we could put him in the bubble, see how he likes the idea now.:D
Hmm. I had people come over into my personal space tonight, and I still feel bad about exposing them to teh sick. :(

Also, my Taco Hell nachos taste stale. Eew?

Also also, one huge rock > a series of smaller rocks. Just in case any future marriage material reads "Random Thoughts."

I want mine:
a) bigger than yours
b) isolated so you notice the difference in size.

However, one of my friends is trying to sell a Jaaaaag convertible to pay for a rock, and I'm like, "Eh? I want the car plz." So for me, I guess Malibu Ninjacoco's Dream Porsche (in red. or green. maybe dark blue. not pink!) > diamonds. Yep.
I suggest a crash course in AutoCAD. As nasty as it is, much of the universal corporate world adopted it and doesn't want to pay the fees to switch to something else.
Even my dad used AutoCAD. I think that's been an engineering standby since the dawn of time.

There used to be this one program (c. 1993) that I made animated rosette-type things with. Drawn with circles. "Moooooommmmmmmm!!!!!! Look at this! It flashes!"

I have to wonder if I ruined any of my dad's work with animated circle-things, haha.

Last edited:
I suggest a crash course in AutoCAD. As nasty as it is, much of the universal corporate world adopted it and doesn't want to pay the fees to switch to something else.

I will certainly need a crash course in AutoCAD.

Grr....I love NX so much more.

Bushfire threat Michelago NSW - anyone near there - heads up and stay safe!

I really really really want a Subaru Impreza. God damnit, if only we had the money...:cry:

Same here. The Failtima is way too big to park at school. I don't know how the guys with Tahoes can stand it!

But I'd want a WRX. Flared car-nostrils ftw. :wub:

I saw just a plain Impreza the other day and was like, "what is this?!" (The smooth hood threw me off.)

'k, if what I ate of those nachos kills me, take care of my puffalumps. Those really didn't taste right. I want my money back.

<rant>

Everyone is going mad about their christmas presents these days because it?s just a week away and they?ve all orderd stuff online that they are now worried that it won?t arrive in time. Or that they have to travel to some delivery depot 60 kilometer away to pick their shit up because they weren?t home all the time and too cheap to pay the extra money for delivery at a certain time when they would be at home.
It?s one of these moments I really would like to shout at people. You work 8-10 hours a day and are not at home, and now you want my compassion because you are afraid you won?t get the stuff on time anymore? How can you order a delivery to a place that you WONT BE AT at normal working hours? And how can you wait with all that untill a week before christmas? It?s nobody elses fault than yourselves!
I had my stuff deliverd to the office or to my parents house ... where there are people who can literally "take delivery", because there?s someone there. And I did it 2 weeks ago. I just need to wrap it all up and it?s easy going all the way untill next week. :D *smug*

</rant>

Take thy smugness and begone!

Though, I did make a list, made some phone calls to get some good prices on the higher cost stuff, planned it out and managed to hit 6 shopping centres, about 15 shops, no more than 45 minutes at each location (including parking time), and all over and done in 4 hours. Only got to arrange the food package for the local RSPCA, but they'll get that next week after I go to the feed store and can get some decent stuff in bulk really cheaply.

Now I just have to get the damn glitter out of the carpet (yes Nabster, it's in the carpet).

And Reckoning, at this rate, I'll take the idiots. WANT the rain!

Last edited:
I dislike the wet weather for driving, too many dickheads on the road.

Agreed, its like that here too, but there are always cocks on the road here. I can't hardly enjoy driving anymore (not like I do much anyway, driving what I do <_<) because all these idiots are in my way. Like I said to my dad, I would otherwise love driving in the snow if

A) The roads were completely empty and
B) I had a Subaru Impreza. Or something with AWD.

Stupid weather. >.<

<rant>

Everyone is going mad about their christmas presents these days because it?s just a week away and they?ve all orderd stuff online that they are now worried that it won?t arrive in time. Or that they have to travel to some delivery depot 60 kilometer away to pick their shit up because they weren?t home all the time and too cheap to pay the extra money for delivery at a certain time when they would be at home.
It?s one of these moments I really would like to shout at people. You work 8-10 hours a day and are not at home, and now you want my compassion because you are afraid you won?t get the stuff on time anymore? How can you order a delivery to a place that you WONT BE AT at normal working hours? And how can you wait with all that untill a week before christmas? It?s nobody elses fault than yourselves!
I had my stuff deliverd to the office or to my parents house ... where there are people who can literally "take delivery", because there?s someone there. And I did it 2 weeks ago. I just need to wrap it all up and it?s easy going all the way untill next week. :D *smug*

</rant>

I rented a box in a private postal center; all my mail and packages go there, where there is someone to receive them during business hours. Entirely aside from the security aspect, it is very convenient because I can go there at, say, 2AM and pick up my packages. Plus I avoid the "residential delivery" surcharges.

As for gift giving, I am horrible at selecting gifts for others. Therefore I revived the old Victorian custom of going forth on the holiday and handing out cards while making the rounds of my friends instead. Those I cannot visit in person on Christmas Day, I send cards to. (To be fair to others, I make it clear that I do not want anything at Christmas but if they want to give me something anyway a card is just fine.) It saves money for everyone, brings back human contact and de-commercializes the holiday.

Spectre, that?s a nice approach.

Passed all my uni subjects! with creds and passes which was a surprise as one subject I was absolutely sure I was going to fail. Originally I wasnt even going to bother going to the exam as I thought it would be a waste of time and the fact that I didnt need the subject and was a mistake choosing it so I didnt really mind failing. But then I calculated my chances of passing the subject and found that I required to exactly get at least 49.6% in the exam to pass. So I thought I might as well give it one final shot lol and it seems to of paid off

Congrats! :D What type of degree/course are you doing?

I unfortunately only passed 3 out of my 4 subjects and will have to repeat one next year sometime :(

Spectre, that?s a nice approach.

Other, more humorous benefits of this technique include:
  • People stop sending you fruitcake (that inevitably gets regifted because nobody in their right mind wants to eat them). Or at least send you fewer of them.
  • 'Auntie Mabel' stops knitting and sending you bizarre articles of clothing (one year I got a puce sweater with four sleeves from her. I only have two arms).
  • Richer relatives no longer get a chance to play the "I have more money to buy gifts than you do" game. (They can try, but it makes them look like asshats if you tell them that you are eschewing material gifts in favor of cards to get back to the true spirit of the season. Eventually they stop.)
  • Others who are miserable at choosing gifts (but don't know it) will stop sending you wildly inappropriate gifts that you have no idea what to do with, but have to write thank you notes for anyway. (The very last year I did the gift-giving thing, I got a gift certificate for a free subscription to the "Fruitcake of the Year Club." Which was in England and wouldn't ship to the US.)
  • You will no longer be the person receiving the 'regifts' from last year. This means less multi-decade-old fruitcake appearing at your doorstep.
  • And last for this list, you save an enormous amount of money on shipping. Which you can then use to go shooting after Christmas. (What do you shoot? Fruitcakes, of course. There's always one idiot that doesn't listen and sends you a fruitcake anyway...)

[*]'Auntie Mabel' stops knitting and sending you bizarre articles of clothing (one year I got a puce sweater with four sleeves from her. I only have two arms).

I am glad that you have clarified things : re number of Spectre limbs.

Just made bacon. :drool: 5 strips and I want some more. Hey, this "breakfast" thing you guys talk about is a pretty neat idea! Almost as good as this "waking up before 2pm in the afternoon like a decent, productive member of society" thing my parents are always going off about.

Also, this "breakfast beer" idea is pretty neat, too. Waking up with a Framboise Lambic or a Sam Smith Oatmeal Stout? :think: How marvelous!

Last edited:
I am glad that you have clarified things : re number of Spectre limbs.

'Mabel' is notorious for knitting bizarre and inappropriate articles of clothing. One of my other relatives got what we think was supposed to be a tube dress from her. While the color (red) and material (angora) was fine, the actual tube that she knitted was seven and a half feet long with no other apertures other than the top and bottom.

The girl in question is only 5'5".

Also, this "breakfast beer" idea is pretty neat, too. Waking up with a Framboise Lambic or a Sam Smith Oatmeal Stout? :think: How marvelous!

that habbit is widely adapted all over the world

most people who adapted the habbit look like this though
enhanced-buzz-18996-1260905661-2.jpg