Random Thoughts....

I have a desire to learn a third language, I'm leaning towards German.

Now I think the heating unit upstairs may actually be broken. I'm going to cry. I don't know anyone to call who isn't going to fuck me over and take advantage of me, and I can't afford it anyway. I climbed up on a chair and the air coming out the vents isn't warm. :cry:

:comfort: Light a fire? I'd bring you blankets if I could!

The 6.01 news was just talking about the danger of slippery paths, and showed footage of some poor bastard slipping on the ice, going head over arse, and then bouncing his head off the path. :(

It's really one of those moments where you burst out laughing when you first see it, then feel horrible afterwards.

He was walking way too fast on the ice though...

I have a desire to learn a third language, I'm leaning towards German.

I wish I still remembered more French, I could actually hold a conversation at one point and I really enjoyed it. I kind of want to learn Japanese for absolutely no practical reason at all.

German is a cool language.

I spent 12-13 years studying Irish, and about 5 years studying French.

I seem to be slightly better at French than Irish :blink:

I didn't know there was an actual Irish language. :blink:

I learned of it when Buffy posted a couple snippets of it a while ago :D

My understanding is that it isn't really spoken in daily life anymore though, correct me if I'm wrong.

Mom did not listen when I told her to put less beans in chili. I am sad now and chili is very beany.

Mom did not listen when I told her to put less beans in chili. I am sad now and chili is very beany.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WctLjlAp8QQ[/YOUTUBE]

I learned of it when Buffy posted a couple snippets of it a while ago :D

My understanding is that it isn't really spoken in daily life anymore though, correct me if I'm wrong.

There are a few Gaeltacht (Irish speaking areas) around the West, mainly in Donegal, Galway, Mayo, Kerry and Cork.

I went to one in Dingle, Kerry a couple of years ago for Irish college. They aren't too strict in the town, for tourists and stuff I suppose, but in the more rural areas they would probably use it as their first language.

Apparently there are about 300,000 every day speakers (Gaelgoir?).

There's actually a Gaeltacht in Canada aswell, which I didn't know about until recently...:blink:

It is actually a pretty complex language :)

I didn't know there was an actual Irish language. :blink:

It is related to Breton*, Welsh, Cornish and Scottish Gaelic and was probably the dominant language in the north-western islands of Europe in pre-Roman times. (55AD)
Since no written language records exist, nobody is sure of the history of Gaelic.

*Breton is from Brittany, NW France.
:)

I wish I still remembered more French, I could actually hold a conversation at one point and I really enjoyed it. I kind of want to learn Japanese for absolutely no practical reason at all.

German is a cool language.

Point of learning Japanese: not more waiting for subs ;)

I agree with you, German is a cool language, too bad that for me to learn it, i would have to go to uni on Saturdays :(

ARG! FINALLY I find the correct version of "Grace", though not surprisingly through a torrent found on a FinalGear FTP site. :mrgreen: yet again my love of FinalGear has just been reinforced.

I agree with you, German is a cool language, too bad that for me to learn it, i would have to go to uni on Saturdays :(

^I went to uni on Saturdays :mad:
Lost the best meal of the week

I said no practical reason ;)

Anything I watch has been around long enough to have plenty of options for subs though.