Random Thoughts....

My old dead van, my mothers new Cadillac, my fathers Sky and my father himself are on google street view :D

That's awesome! :D Now you can go to friends and say "look....there's my dad!"

So apparently if you leave half a pizza in the oven for 5 hours, it burns into mush. WHY IS LIFE SO COMPLICATED.

I'm gonna murder the person who came up with buttered popcorn as a jelly bean flavor.

My uncle, now in his late 70's, just traded in his 2 year old Honda Accord, which he loved, like this one
honda-accord-euro_m_m.jpg

For a new, and uglier, model, like this:
400px-Honda_Accord_Euro_1.jpg

Only because he wanted in built sat nav. Upon going to the dealer and pricing the car, he decided (rightly) that $5000 for the optional sat nav was exorbitant. So he didn't buy it. But then did just to get reverse parking sensors, which could have been installed on his old one for about $100. All this while he admits that money is tight, because his superannuation took a battering in the financial crisis. :?

If there are any Craig Ferguson fans out there that missed the news, he's on Twitter.

@CraigyFerg

and following that link to a few others I find out Capt Phil from Deadliest Catch has died of a stroke.

I just drove home in a freaking huge thunderstorm. Thankfully no hail, but the thunder was really loud and awesome even from inside the car. But....what got me were the amount of people driving around without any lights on when the rain was so heavy you could hardly see anything, and cars without lights were practically invisible. Bloody idiots everywhere! :wall:

Also, I just tasted the most disgusting fake cream ever inside a supermarket sponge roll. Ewww. Real cream > nasty fake stuff.

So, like the States, Australia doesn't have mandatory DRLs, then? Daytime running lights are very very very nice, when it gets rainy or snowy or a little dark but not dark enough for lights you can still see other cars because they constantly have lights on.

There's been a whole arseload of snowmobile accidents in this part of Wisconsin. That's primarily due to idiots who don't know that getting drunk then trying to operate a snowmobile isn't safe, or those idiots who go way too fast, or idiots who don't know how to operate one in general.

Early Saturday morning, in the village where my sister lives, there was a collision involving a snowmobile and a tree. That resulted in the volunteer fire department being called out, including my brother-in-law. Whilst trying to unload a rescue sled to help one of the snowmobilists, something went horribly wrong and Brother-in-Law suffered a freak injury to his ring finger. They had to cut off a bit of his finger, but he'll still be able to do normal stuff after he heals.

Tuesday afternoon there was another accident in the same village. Two snowmobiles collided, killing a high school student only a year ahead of my oldest nephew. I can imagine classes there will be a lot more somber today.

So, like the States, Australia doesn't have mandatory DRLs, then? Daytime running lights are very very very nice, when it gets rainy or snowy or a little dark but not dark enough for lights you can still see other cars because they constantly have lights on.

I've seen many people with DRLs who think this means they don't need to turn on their lights at night, failing to realize their tail lights are not on making them more difficult to see.

I've seen many people with DRLs who think this means they don't need to turn on their lights at night, failing to realize their tail lights are not on making them more difficult to see.

Either that, or they think DRLs = auto lights.

I don't like DRLs, but with too many people becoming stupid and not turning their lights on when it rains or starts getting dark, they're becoming necessary.