Random Thoughts....

Only a programming exam next friday and I'm all done for my first semester of uni. I am unimaginably bored at the moment having nothing to do.

A lot of masturbation.

I've finally been broken by the fact that Radio Le Mans has a presence on Facebook, so... I've signed up.

Oh, and have also seen the thing which others mentioned upon sign-up. What's the damn algorithm behind it, I wonder????
I'm broken by the fact that Radio Le Mans takes so damn long to put Midweek Motorsports on the podcast, I always end up getting it at fucking midnight or the next day.

mclaren, the new avvy's cracking me up :lol:

Umm, I changed my stupid saying in my sig. :unsure:

ALSO, have you ever noticed that people who grow up priviledged and have had money their whole lives and parents who were un-strict are always the people that turn out to be assholes? People who grow up with little money and end up moving up the social ladder later on tend to be humble and nice.

C.Ron at his best :D

Anyway, as per your observation, I've personally been at both ends of the spectrum, so I've seen how good it can get, and how bad it can get, but my family's and my personal character has remained the same throughout. I think the predominant factor that plays in this is upbringing and values, where your surroundings can either contrast, or compliment your character development.

(* Justification- I got teased for years by people because I was tall and thin, called "anorexic", "skinny minnie" and such. Even if it was in jest, it isn't fun. Last year the jokes got redirected towards the (small) size of my chest. Yet nobody thought of this as vilification, even though it had a profound impact on my wellbeing and body image. I think the worldwide population is a lot like this- it is fine to pick on people for certain traits, but mention something that has become taboo and all hell breaks loose. There needs to be a zero tolerance medium for all forms of vilification/discrimination.I know that is going towards overly PC, but its a good type of PC IMO)

First off; you are tall and thin....and so are models. So if you have a small chest, that means they proportionate to your body. Thing is, in ten years when you lose the weird angles and awkwardness of youth, those people who teased you will be carrying an extra 30 kilos while you will more than likely will not.

When my wife was in HS she was tall and very skinny. She didn't even have angles she just had a straight boy body. People called her fency to make fun of her because she was so flat.

She was just a late bloomer fast forward to the end of her freshman year of college, still before I met her, and she finally filled out. Still too skinny but now she had boobs and ridiculously long and shapely legs. A couple of years after that and she gained a few pounds and finished filling out. She still has body image problems sometimes but has the last laugh as she is 28 and is constantly mistaken for a 17 year old.

Just give it some more time brydie76 and you will have the last laugh too. Use that last laugh to push those body image problems away.

Staggering... just... staggering...

I checked out her Facebook group. There's one person defending her and over 75 tearing her a new a**hole for cheating on her husband.

Linky

Its women like that who make the rest of us look bad. Ugh. And people wonder why my best friend right now is a guy.

Just received my first paycheck from my new job and HOLY CRAP - total taxes withheld - 25%. Isn't that quite a lot? I feel ripped off! There must be a mistake...

Just received my first paycheck from my new job and HOLY CRAP - total taxes withheld - 25%. Isn't that quite a lot? I feel ripped off! There must be a mistake...

Yes, that's a bit high. Did you understand all the questions on the W2 form? It's just taxes right, not any retirement plans or health insurance you may have chosen right?

I got a 1/6th raise at work today.

:dance:

I'm in line for meeting my progression targets so 3.5% increase in September :D then my annual 3.5% to meet inflation and buy out part of our old agreement in December (probably won't meet inflation anyway)

Yes, that's a bit high. Did you understand all the questions on the W2 form? It's just taxes right, not any retirement plans or health insurance you may have chosen right?

horay for my wage not including super annuation when it's calculated (pension plan equivilent) and is paid ontop of my base wage (calculated pretax)

Last edited:
These are the taxes on my paycheck:

Fed Withholdng
Fed MED/EE
Fed OASDI/EE
WV Withholdng (State)

After some research, I discovered that the 2nd and 3rd taxes do not apply to me. The so called "FICA" taxes. That's because I'm a non-resident and still have a student visa.

It is actually a very frustrating matter - now they are telling me "Sorry kid, you are considered a resident, you have to pay." But when tax return season comes it is "Sorry kid, you are not a resident, you don't get anything back."

Double standards! Grrr...

Three more days this week, four next week and then I'm done. I keep telling myself this just so I'm able to get through the day.

Prostitution is legal in Canada. Solicitation isn't though. You can be a whore as long as you don't tell anyone you're a whore.

It sounds stupid but it's actually a clever law if you think about it.

Really? Huh. That's probably why I see so many massage parlors around here and that's only where I live!

Random Thought: If being a prozzie is legal, but you can't really tell anyone that you are one lest you're arrested, what do you put down as occupation on say your taxes?

Reactions: LP
Using XP, it seems? Turn on ClearType, makes text and fonts look smoother and easier on the eyes. Comparison pic -

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/as/asad98/2010/06/17/compare.gif

I've forgotten exactly where the setting is in XP, but it's somewhere under Display Properties. Here's a link that enables you to do it automatically - http://www.microsoft.com/typography/cleartype/tuner/step1.aspx

/sorry

Actually that's pretty cool! And it works really well! Thank you. You have saved my eyesight sir.

Oh good lord. Setting up that cleartype thing is worse than going to the eye doctor. Better or worse? Better or worse? Better or worse?

Yeah my eyes are also blinded by the font.

Anyway, tonight is my formal and still in my school uniform. So nice in here, but crappy weather outside and guaranteed some less subtle entrances to the venue.

I'm going to have a lovely scar on my palm now. Fiddling with a broken ceramic bowl in the kitchen earlier and it slipped and stabbed the hell out of me. Luckily no important bits damaged, just a big clean cut. I'll need to get some sort of waterproof tape for it though since it's in a spot that bandages will not last very long on. And working with my hands will be rather annoying for a week. Bleh.

Just finished watching "Serenity" after completing the "Firefly" series and I have to say they made the movie a bit too dark and is doing so stripped away all of the charm of the original series.

I'm going to have a lovely scar on my palm now. Fiddling with a broken ceramic bowl in the kitchen earlier and it slipped and stabbed the hell out of me. Luckily no important bits damaged, just a big clean cut. I'll need to get some sort of waterproof tape for it though since it's in a spot that bandages will not last very long on. And working with my hands will be rather annoying for a week. Bleh.

How about one of those fancy "liquid bandage" things?