Random Thoughts....

Haha, if your tacos smell like BO, maybe you're eating the wrong tacos?

(Come to Texas...we can fix this.)

Other way! BO smells like tacos. Tacos smell like tacos.

Only on some people though, there's always the putrid I don't even know wtf but just get far away from me BO.

Jesus, the X-games rally is embarrassing. I hope the course designer gets kicked in the balls by a mule

Hmm...I need to meet these people who smell like tacos. I would totally get along with them!

(...and smell them. Lots...)

Last edited:
Just spotted a new follower on twitter, her bio: loves films,music, comedians, photography and geekyness.

"Loves films, music." Who doesn't?
"Photography." Check
"Comedians." I have my moments!
"Geekyness." See below.

Where I live, they have removed all the old 'dangerous' rolling stock from the railway lines that serve our area. The ones with the slam-doors.
There is one operated by Virgin since a newer set got written off, and because I haven't been on one since I were a lad, yesterday I went determined to hunt it down.

So instead f going out with a group of friends who go on fruitless women hunts at every oppurtunity, I went with my Uncle who is a serious gricer to find it.
4845020712_4419c2385f.jpg

Behold! The Pretendolino! Complete with windows you can stick you head out of, and subsequently almost get it knocked off by a signal.
We found out it stopped at a nearby station, but when we got there we found out it was set down only, so when the platform staff weren't looking we ran on it!
Was great fun, and more comfortable then modern stock. I think that qualifies as a geek, right? :lol:

So Melbourne, Australia. Is that a nice place?

I'm considering doing Study Abroad there from summer-fall of 2011.

I'm not sure I could get accepted into the program, but I'd be studying at Monash University. Is this a good university?

I'm not sure I could get accepted into the program, but I'd be studying at Monash University. Is this a good university?

I'm a graduate of Monash University so I might be biased but it is one of Australia's best universities (depending what you're studying there maybe other universities that are more suitable) - Living in Melbourne is good but expensive (depending where you are factoring in owning a car)

Engineering is taught out of the Clayton campus, ComSci is also at Clayton. IT is at Caulfield

Last edited:
I'm a graduate of Monash University so I might be biased but it is one of Australia's best universities (depending what you're studying there maybe other universities that are more suitable) - Living in Melbourne is good but expensive (depending where you are factoring in owning a car)

Engineering is taught out of the Clayton campus, ComSci is also at Clayton. IT is at Caulfield

I'm an MIS major, so my classes would be a mix of business/commerce and computer science.

Living expenses and housing are covered as I would be living on-campus (dorms yayyy) but then I'd have to think about getting from campus to campus; is there any form of public transportation available?

I'm an MIS major, so my classes would be a mix of business/commerce and computer science.

Living expenses and housing are covered as I would be living on-campus (dorms yayyy) but then I'd have to think about getting from campus to campus; is there any form of public transportation available?

Campus to Campus, there is a shuttle bus that used to be free (I think it's like $100 a year now) which leaves every hr during the day (every 30 minutes in peak times)

Monash dorms (Monash Halls) isn't located at the university but I believe there is a shuttle bus for that as well

Caulfield campus has a trainline less than 100m away but if it's common IT units chances are they'll be taught out of the Clayton campus as well (the train is a fair walk away but there are plenty of buses) - both will take approximately 30 mins to get into the city

http://www.mrs.monash.edu.au/

Information on the halls

Last edited:
Re building a broken lamp with white glue is quite fun, It's like a 3D puzzle.

Dad's boozefest coming way earlier than expected however, isn't

My sister did a double degree in Art (Journalism) and Fine Arts (Photomedia) and she didn't get much out of it. Monash is better off as a science/business Uni than an Art Uni, so you'll be getting good education there. Clayton is a massive campus and has a lot to offer.

As for while you're living there, eating out can be expensive but only if you know where all the cheap places are.

Never thought I'd say this while living in Romania, but I've just driven my first 50-ish motorway km this morning... and for the first 10 the rain was absolutely lashing down. :lol:

The promised snow didn't happen :sad:

Just rain, rain and more rain.

I really want to get new comfy PC chair and desk, my current desk isn't high enough, my knees bang into it all the time.

I feel like an ass for having to ask if I was invited to a friend's housewarming party. But I would really like to go seeing as he's the second person out of 4 to move up here from Whidbey Island who isn't a total dick (the other two guys...big, fat, throbbing cocks. And not in a good way. Yes, that I just wrote what you think I just wrote.), and everybody has a habit of inviting everyone to their parties, but not actually telling everyone that they are invited - and I always find out after the fact that "Oh, I invited you but you never showed up" ... "Guess I never got the memo, I didn't know I was invited." So I felt the need to ask. But I still feel like an ass for it.

Guess I'll have to make up for it by bringing gifts. And offering rides to the ride moochers...:lol:

I feel like an ass for having to ask if I was invited to a friend's housewarming party. But I would really like to go seeing as he's the second person out of 4 to move up here from Whidbey Island who isn't a total dick (the other two guys...big, fat, throbbing cocks. And not in a good way. Yes, that I just wrote what you think I just wrote.), and everybody has a habit of inviting everyone to their parties, but not actually telling everyone that they are invited - and I always find out after the fact that "Oh, I invited you but you never showed up" ... "Guess I never got the memo, I didn't know I was invited." So I felt the need to ask. But I still feel like an ass for it.

Guess I'll have to make up for it by bringing gifts. And offering rides to the ride moochers...:lol: