Random Thoughts....

lol.. this week sucked in WA all around. Eastern Washington probably hit the 70s a couple of times, but it's mostly been 50s & 60s in western WA.. cloudy & rainy. The last month has been rather nice though.. a bit cool for summer (still mostly 70s & low 80s), but very nice.

That's what I want, a high that never exceeds the mid 80s except on rare occasions. This 95+ shit during the summer is torture...

That's what I want, a high that never exceeds the mid 80s except on rare occasions. This 95+ shit during the summer is torture...

but that's why I said it's been "cool" this summer.. normally we'd have had more temps in the 80s & 90s, if not 100s, by now. There's still nearly 2 months to go though.

Oh, and of course, it's reached 100+ every other day this summer in eastern Washington. It was 101 when I was there a couple of weeks ago.

written like a true college student.

EX-college student. Now a paid researcher, actually making money from philosophy.

Actually, most of the stuff i wrote stems from the experience of friends who went to film school - a third thing i forgot to mention is that the sucessful people use their professor's contacts for self-promotion. A guy i know won an award for his final project as a DoP and is since unemployed because he relied on talent and education alone. Others, equally or less talented, took every opportunity to work/intern for their professors or their friends (with guys like Michael Ballhaus among the professors, everything else would be stupid) and now get jobs from people they would never have known without going to college.

I'm not saying college is right for everyone. I'm just saying it's wrong to call every liberal or fine arts major "worthless". Of course you need to know what you want to do with your degree as there will be no job offer that's the same as the title of your diploma, but if you know where you want to end up, the right college degree might just help you there.

64200840130PM_496.jpg

I think this pretty much sums up my feelings about my final editing project. I'm not lazy--I just haven't really been able to care about it. I mean, I'm doing it because I have to, but couldn't they have picked something more enjoyable with ninjas or explosions or something?

It's a short film about boxing. I don't understand the appeal of boxing. It's like watching a cockfight with people in it. Worse yet, the motivation for entering this Contest of Unnecessary Pain for the main character is to buy an engagement ring. I can tell this film was made by Baylor boys because in every flashback this guy has of his girlfriend, she comes off as a terribly materialistic piece of work. Sorry, sweetie, if you really loved this guy, you wouldn't care about getting an expensive trinket to show off to all the other MRS degree-types. Oh, and you'd definitely try to dissuade him from getting his face punched in for no reason. That, too.

I think I'd almost rather be editing one of those terrible "Movie" movies. At least I expect those to be terrible.

I'm taking the class to replace a F in my transcript and to learn how to edit stuff. Got that. Right now, I have enough points for a C. I only need 95 points of the remaining 200 to get a B. So, I'm going to take a break from that awful short now and study for the final...then finish up the edit. w00t.

{ throws confetti }

Last edited:
It's a short film about boxing. I don't understand the appeal of boxing. It's like watching a cockfight with people in it. Worse yet, the motivation for entering this Contest of Unnecessary Pain for the main character is to buy an engagement ring. I can tell this film was made by Baylor boys because in every flashback this guy has of his girlfriend, she comes off as a terribly materialistic piece of work. Sorry, sweetie, if you really loved this guy, you wouldn't care about getting an expensive trinket to show off to all the other MRS degree-types. Oh, and you'd definitely try to dissuade him from getting his face punched in for no reason. That, too.

Washington would be nice. What's the highest temperature this week?

80F on Saturday and Sunday, after we've been having a bunch of stormy, rainy, crappy overcast days. Summer's sadly winding down :(

But this is Western Washington, after all. Eastern WA is a completely different story, and they definitely have hotter summers than we do. As a lifetime resident of Ferndale and someone who's visited Las Vegas and California, I can honestly say I prefer the weather here over anywhere else. Its beautiful :)

Possibly, but it's a long way up for a little ladybird though.

I'm so envious. My dream career is to travel, shoot photos, and make a living doing it. :(

The trick is to do it, people who have an idea are a dime a dozen, people that have the tenacity to make it happen are worth plenty more.

Read the three top rated books on the genre of photography your interested in from Amazon. Read the top three on vagabonding/travel on a budget. Read the top three on self promotion/small web business.

Get the required equipment, but don't spend too much. Schumacher could out race you with a 2CV, Ansel Adams could out-shoot you with a disposable. Equipment is a crutch.

Get a blog/website designed, $300-$800, Elance.com.

Network, and research stock photography, and immediate cash-flow ideas.

Be different, to make money you need to get the shots other freelancers aren't taking.

Most of all you just have to do it.

Washington is a trap! IT'S A TRAP.

So I was just going through classes to register for and I saw that one of the topics in political science was was "Politics of Nuclear Weapons" and it had 2 seats left. It now has 1 seat left. :D

So I was just going through classes to register for and I saw that one of the topics in political science was was "Politics of Nuclear Weapons" and it had 2 seats left. It now has 1 seat left. :D

If my college career taught me anything, classes with REALLY COOL NAMES somehow manage to be the driest of the dry.

If you're interested i can mail you some at least semi-related papers in advance.