Random Thoughts....

Massive earthquake just hit South Island of New Zealand. 7.4 Magnitude Apparently. Was the most surreal thing I've felt. Reports of damage all over Christchurch. Was felt as far as the North Island too.

Massive earthquake just hit South Island of New Zealand. 7.4 Magnitude Apparently. Was the most surreal thing I've felt. Reports of damage all over Christchurch. Was felt as far as the North Island too.

Only time i've ever felt one was something like 2.0 - scared me to death.

If I get killed by a tsunami I'm going to be pissed off! :mad:

XN25o.jpg

If I get killed by a tsunami I'm going to be pissed off! :mad:

I wouldn't be too worried. Although head to high land in a few hours just in case.

This was the quake http://www.geonet.org.nz/earthquake/quakes/3366146g-maps.html

Was just amazing really. There I was just browsing FG and then I hear a rumble, I think maybe a trucks going by. Then suddenly I feel my desk rumbling. Then suddenly the whole floor and my room is shaking. So I just think the best thing to do is dive under the desk. So I'm on hands and knees, and on old carpet. This thing just had so much power. I was struggling to just stay up straight. The lights were swinging and cutting in and out. I'm amazed my computer stayed on, and that my tv is still standing up straight. Because that was amazing. It must of lasted a minute maybe.

As soon as it finished, I opened the door and both my flat mates come out and are like Oh my God! And then an aftershock happens so we dive under door frames. After that, open the door and all you can hear is alarms sounding.

Just heard that apparently my work had a pipe burst and is now under ankle deep water.

It must be a Californian thing, but I usually find that my pulse doesn't quicken unless it's over 6.0.

I think it is. Anything under a 6.3 for me just makes me excited, and I enjoy them. 7.4 is a big'un though.

Couldn't sleep because I had the song that I'm dancing to in my head and then I couldn't go back to sleep because of the man at the back of our place is fixing his car. Again.

Every person should get a day off for their birthday! If I had a company, i'd make it a rule! :D

Funny you mention that; I am so miserable the week of my birthday that my boss makes me take a mandatory week off; I do not mind because of the two weeks vacation I have per year, I always take one week off in the fall. This year I will turn 35, so I have been a bit panicky about it; though not as much as when I turned 30, or when I turn 40. On my 40th, I should spend the day at the hospital, because I am sure my heart will explode from anxiety.
So this year I am going to drive to Dubuque Iowa and spend several hours staring at the bluffs of Mother Mississippi, then stay the night in Galena Illinois, spend the morning there amidst all of it's cutsyness, and drive back. This year I want to be alone, and a three hour drive though the rolling hills of Northwestern Illinois sound great to me, especially since the fall colors will be in peak.

Final exams in junior high and high school ALWAYS landed on my freaking birthday. I was NOT amused.

Funny you mention that; I am so miserable the week of my birthday that my boss makes me take a mandatory week off; I do not mind because of the two weeks vacation I have per year, I always take one week off in the fall. This year I will turn 35, so I have been a bit panicky about it; though not as much as when I turned 30, or when I turn 40. On my 40th, I should spend the day at the hospital, because I am sure my heart will explode from anxiety.
So this year I am going to drive to Dubuque Iowa and spend several hours staring at the bluffs of Mother Mississippi, then stay the night in Galena Illinois, spend the morning there amidst all of it's cutsyness, and drive back. This year I want to be alone, and a three hour drive though the rolling hills of Northwestern Illinois sound great to me, especially since the fall colors will be in peak.

I always used to have an asthma attack on my birthday.

Ouch. That is all.

If I stopped to think about how many times I've been sidetracked from dreams I would need an amount of alcohol that would probably fill an entire swimming pool. I've seriously wanted a career as a pilot for about ten years now and even in high school I had a plan that I thought would get me there. It was all going great until everything just sort of fell apart around me. Shortly after that I thought I came across something else that would work but it was over before it even started. Then after some time I came across another opportunity that I really thought was going to see me through, but it wasn't to be.

So now I'm here and being in the air force wasn't even remotely a consideration that crossed my mind when I first decided what I wanted to do with my life. And for once I really can feel, no, believe, that I'm going to see it through this time. Just because one opportunity is gone don't give up on the others that are out there. Sometimes they're right under your nose, other times you have to discover them. The best advice I can give is not to give up. Do something every day that gets you closer to your dreams. After deciding on my personal goal that I posted in the aircrafts thread I put my whiteboard on my door and wrote on it "What have you done for your dreams today?" and seeing that motivates me to keep pushing, even if it's just studying for five or ten minutes a day. Back in high school I thought I would be well into my career by now, not still trying to start it. That just motivates me to work even harder.

The kept telling me over the phone how sorry they were and how close the scores had been, and that just pissed me off more, especially when they wouldn't tell me in which area did I lose out. Even before the interview they kept saying how anyone who makes it this far is good, blah blah blah.

If you're that fucken sorry just give me one of the positions, otherwise stop trying so hard to be sorry because I can see right through your bullshit.

Fuck this, I'll make my own way.

I always used to have an asthma attack on my birthday.

yeh..ouch. My asthma has faded away these past few years so that was good, strangely I never remember having an asthma attack except for that one time when I was about three, and I only know about that because it came up on conversation with my sister.

And.....Fuck I falled out at the final round......:(

So gutted right now. Apparently the scores were insanely close and they told me to reapply next year, but still........

I need some alcohol.

Cheer up man, at least you haven't found out a gigantic flaw on your life plan. Said fault consists in not having any idea what to do after my plane arrives in Dallas.

Plan 1B has the same fault, just replace Dallas with London
Plan 1C has the same faul, just replace London with Toronto.

It must be a Californian thing, but I usually find that my pulse doesn't quicken unless it's over 6.0.

It isn't Californian, I slept through a 7.1

Yay Aussie insomniacs!

On a Red Dwarf jag at present.

Heh, I was up last night silently screaming at my phone's Superbikes live timing app because it wasn't showing me what I wanted to see :lol:

Then I was ill and up for another hour feeling like crap. Yaaay!

(Better now, and I have a kitty for comfort too!)

I'm trying to convince my mum to either change our ISP or try to switch to a higher download cap. The amount of documents and such things I've had to download for uni purposes as well as the usual music etc has taken us over our limit far far too soon. Dial-up speed sucks dirty hairy balls!

'Luckily' I've got a few assignments to complete so my need to be online is not so great, and I've found most of the information I needed in books at the campus library so I'm okay there too.

PS: This NZ earthquake thing has freaked me out a bit. A really nice lady whose group I study with every so often has family members in Christchurch (she came to Aus with her partner about three years ago). I hope they're all okay. :-(