Random Thoughts....

Can I just nap for the rest of the day at work? No?

You know that this kind of flexibility has it's advantages

Yes, I can kick you in the head even if you are 2 meters high :p

Have any of our Ukanian members been to the RAF Cosford airshow?

No, sorry.

You have seen this website, yes? RAF Cosford Airshow

The base is about a two and a half hour drive from London. The same or a bit more by train.

As you may have not been to a military airshow in the UK before, then it will be well worth it.

:)

No, sorry.

You have seen this website, yes? RAF Cosford Airshow

The base is about a two and a half hour drive from London. The same or a bit more by train.

As you may have not been to a military airshow in the UK before, then it will be well worth it.

Yeah I've seen the website, thanks though. You're right in assuming I have never been to a UK airshow (I've been to about 15 here in the US) and I am very excited by the prospect of seeing some of the British planes. I can't wait until they update the list of planes on display as I'm hoping for the Dutch f-16 or Typhoon, but I'm most excited by the possibility of see a Spitfire or Hurricane! Also I'm not used to paying for airshows :lol: as many in the US are hosted by the various bases and free to enter whereas it appears the RAF Cosford show costs ?20.

Nope, i have been to the Air Tattoo several times. if its anything like that, it can only be awesome!

Oh that would be a dream...however, I'll be in England a month too early.

Last edited:
Black Swan sucked ass, that is all

Likewise, I have been to many UK shows and the Red Arrows, BoB Memorial Flight (Spitfire, Hurricane and Lancaster), Red Devils Army Parachutists and B-17 "Sally B" etc, all always turn up at every show.

I go and get Hot Dogs at those points. :lol:

You'd be unlucky not to see a Typhoon, unless they are all deployed in Afghanistan/Iraq/Gulf.

Random NATO F-16s or other types, are always possible at an operational RAF base airshow.

Likewise, I have been to many UK shows and the Red Arrows, BoB Memorial Flight (Spitfire, Hurricane and Lancaster), Red Devils Army Parachutists and B-17 "Sally B" etc, all always turn up at every show.

I go and get Hot Dogs at those points. :lol:

You'd be unlucky not to see a Typhoon, unless they are all deployed in Afghanistan/Iraq/Gulf.

Random NATO F-16s or other types, are always possible at an operational RAF base airshow.

Whoa how did I forget to mention my desire to see the Red Arrows...:lol: This will be my first time in England and I'm looking forward to the airshow above all the other attractions.
trust me mate, if you ever get the chance. go to it. it really is one of the best in the world.

Someday I'll make it to RIAT...someday.

Last edited:
The RIAT is awesome! I went in 97 when an old Uni mate of mine who was in the RAF was there and got me a guest pass to the Breitling Fighters' Country Club. Free beer and as close to the display line as you could get! Happy days!

Me to my brain - OK, Brain. You have a long day tomorrow. So laptop off at 9.30, read for a little while just to settle down, then lights out at 10.
Brain - Sounds like a good plan, Aoife.
9.30 - Oh hai
Me -
SuperStock_1439R-1059088.jpg

Brain - :banana:
Me - :wall:

Recently stop lights were in stalled at a T intersection near my house. I like it because it is a smart light, using sensors to detect traffic so if I was approaching the light and no opposing traffic was coming, it will give me a green instead of waiting for a predetermined amount of time.
For a week some strange pole has been erected, and now I now I see why: it is a turbine to power the stop light. This thing is a monstrosity in an area not really known to be windy. It is 48 feet tall, about three foot wide at the bottom, and made of galvanized steel, so it looks ugly, too.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/09/aurora-to-build-wind-powe_n_531734.html

Last edited:
Last edited:
I can haz uppskertz?