Random Thoughts....

This reminds me, something I thought about today.....this country has exactly zero good national radiostations.
It's either music for my granddad, stations playing commercial britney/gaga/whatsherface over and over, or a hipster 'alternative' station were they try to cram that crap they call rock these days down your ears with some leftwing hipster bullcrap thrown in for good measure.

What this place needs is a proper classic rock station branching out in some metal and the non terrible contemporary stuff.....

I used to think that about my area too (if I wanted to hear Buck Cherry and Nickelback every 5 minutes). Then I realized that I was living in the motherfucking future, and got one of these johns:

droid-eris-verizon-Support-708.png

I used to think that about my area too (if I wanted to hear Buck Cherry and Nickelback every 5 minutes).

Are you kidding? Central MA has awesome radio station coverage. WBRU in RI, WFNX in boston, WERS out of Emmerson College (especially ERS) are generally considered to be some of the better radio stations in the country.

Are you kidding? Central MA has awesome radio station coverage. WBRU in RI, WFNX in boston, WERS out of Emmerson College (especially ERS) are generally considered to be some of the better radio stations in the country.

I don't get anything from RI. WFNX is pretty good, and so is 100.1 (The Pike) sometimes, but WBOS 92.9 is my favorite because there are no DJs to blab over the first 30 seconds of songs.

For NPR, it's 88.7, 88.9 (WERS) and 90.9, depending on signal strength. Our Legacy has crap for reception, which is something I've noticed in newer cars.

What says Valentine's Day better than having an extremely messy breakup in the middle of the videogames at Wal Mart?

Note, it was not me, I just wanted to see if they broke the date for Tactics Ogre, because I am a nerd.

Last edited:
Also here is my sanity and emotional stability cake.

Now excuse me I have pokemon movies to cry over.

:|

This reminds me, something I thought about today.....this country has exactly zero good national radiostations.

That is why I broke down, got Pandora One and made my own radio station. It is a weird mix of downtempo, exotica, lounge, Bossa Nova, ambient and songs from 1960's Italian movies.

Got the Lolvo back from the mechanic today, urgh, a lot of money gone, but at least it stopped sounding like a misfiring tractor :lol:

Yeah, I just splurged and ordered a properly fitted Dainese suit... now I was supposed to get my 90k on the car done, but that'll have to wait since I went over my budget for the leathers.

In other news, looking forward to dinner tonight - Cafe Rio's Pork Barbacoa Salad... yeah, I'm a cheap date. :lol:

Cafe%2BRio%2BSalad.JPG

.....and after 5 minutes you want to assasinate the DJ :p

The primary reason I would want to assassinate the DJ(s) is because they insist on talking about things that, quite frankly, I can't be bothered about. I listen to the radio because I want to hear music without having to fiddle with other things while I'm trying to do something else, not because I want to hear a random person behind a microphone blathering on about celebrity news (which you get no matter what channel/genre you've got on). Pah.

On the classic rock note, I was fortunate in that I grew up in a state where there's a pretty decent classic rock station. :p I haven't bothered looking for one yet here in NY, mainly because I can stream it on the internet. They do talk a bit much for my tastes, mainly during the "drive time" period, but they play a decent mix of classic rock.

So apparently I came down with a flu within the last two hours or so. If I had a girlfriend right now, I'd wish she would bring me a big bowl of warm chicken noodle soup. And to provide me with nurturing, companionship, a solitary voice in the darkness, etc. But right now, mostly the soup.

[video=youtube;XKUPd-jYS2c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKUPd-jYS2c[/video]

Yeah, I just splurged and ordered a properly fitted Dainese suit... now I was supposed to get my 90k on the car done, but that'll have to wait since I went over my budget for the leathers.

In other news, looking forward to dinner tonight - Cafe Rio's Pork Barbacoa Salad... yeah, I'm a cheap date. :lol:

Cafe%2BRio%2BSalad.JPG

*laughs* We are going to mexican for v-day, too. :p

Fucking wired on caffeine right now, that hasn't happened in years.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Boromir liked it. He tried to put a ring on it. Bad move, Boromir.

*laughs* We are going to mexican for v-day, too. :p

*Noms* Yeah, Mexican (or Tex-Mex in Cafe Rio's case) is the best.

Their salads are awesome - it's a salad for people who hate salads. It's all the things that are bad for you but it's covered by lettuce so you don't feel guilty. :lol:

*/Noms*

Speaking of Mr. Dangerous, how about a mood vid:

If you are weed smoker, light one up about twenty minutes before listening.