Random Thoughts....

I spent some time this afternoon listening to a complete recording of Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake ballet music. I'm not usually into 'classical' music (I have been informed that his musical period is actually referred to as the 'Romantic Era'), but that was great, the man was a genius! :) I needed something to unwind to after a crappy day.

I hope I get a good night's sleep tonight, I'm so used to being out on a Saturday that last night I didn't sleep hardly at all, and now my body clocked is completely screwed up. :sigh:

I spent 7 1/2 hours in shareholders and board of directors meetings today. I have 9 pages of notes. And I'm exhausted.

taking good notes is actually surprisingly difficult

Yep, especially if, like one of my Early Childhood Ed. lecturers, the person talks at approximately a million miles an hour and always forgets to put summary notes up on the uni intranet. :?

Last edited:
I've given up on Episode 3. I'm just waiting for Half Life 3.

Fuck Valve. Seriously, as much as I like Portal etc., fuck them for just leaving HL dangling like that.

/nerdrage

Last edited:
I changed my oil in heels. I thought my friend was going to do it for me but they put me to work instead.

Yeah, Chels is back at her teasing game ;)

Finally able to definitely say I found a great radio station around here, and I like it more and more the more I listen to it.

On another note, bye-bye general laziness and laid-back-ness from the last two weeks, hello 17 weeks of toil, blood, sweat, tears, algorithms and OS kernels. :lol:

Skyrim and BF3 and Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2 and Arkham City and Brink and Crysis 2 and Homefront and DNF, *gasp for air* oh my! And Diablo III, if it actually comes out this year. And maybe some other new franchises, always hard to pre-judge those with nothing to compare it to before anyone's gotten their hands on it. I don't think I've ever been interested in so many games in one year.

Don't forget SC2: Heart of the swarm! :eek:

Skyrim and BF3 and Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2 and Arkham City and Brink and Crysis 2 and Homefront and DNF, *gasp for air* oh my! And Diablo III, if it actually comes out this year. And maybe some other new franchises, always hard to pre-judge those with nothing to compare it to before anyone's gotten their hands on it. I don't think I've ever been interested in so many games in one year.

Don't forget SC2: Heart of the swarm! :eek:

also Killzone 3 and Star Wars: The Old Republic. actually out of all those the only ones i am really seriously looking forward to are Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2 since i'm a big BioWare fanboy. Those people could make a game based around Hello Kitty and i would still freaking buy it because it was a BioWare game. Really looking forward to Dragon Age 2 next month and get my first real taste of it with the Demo that is released this coming tuesday.

also Killzone 3 and Star Wars: The Old Republic. actually out of all those the only ones i am really seriously looking forward to are Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2 since i'm a big BioWare fanboy. Those people could make a game based around Hello Kitty and i would still freaking buy it because it was a BioWare game.

So what about SW:TOR? It's BioWare. :p

EDIT: Double post, deal with it.

Last edited:
You would think that whomever is flagging my craigslist ad would realize that it takes me about two minutes to repost and by flagging me, it just means my ad stays closer to the top and is seen more often.

Well I'm back from my uncle's funeral in England.

It was a really emotional weekend. Exhausting.

The service was beautiful though, mainly consisted of tributes from my cousins (i.e. my uncle's sons), his old workmates (he was the GP in the town) and his old football mates. The church was absolutely packed.

There was a really lovely moment where, during the first tribute, my cousin revealed that when they were preparing the song list for the funeral together, my uncle asked him to play "Just the Way You Are" by Bruno Mars for my aunt. (Note. This was a 59 year old pipe smoking man, nooone was expecting that, as my cousin said straight after "I didn't know my Dad had such an interesting taste in music) Not a dry eye in the room then. :cry:
The second tribute was beautiful aswell, my older cousin gave a lovely speech straight from his heart, dedicated to both my uncle and my cousin who died 4 years ago.
He struggled to keep it together at the end, but it was just beautiful.

I just regret not getting the chance to get to know them better :(

Meanwhile, back at the hotel, my other cousin's boyfriend went up to order 2 pints of Guinness. The plucky bar lady asked "Would you like ice in that?" Eh? :blink: