Random Thoughts....

This morning I saw an ant carrying another ant while I was in the shower and I washed them down the drain....Now I can't help but think, did I rob the ant world of a hero or save it from a cannibal?...:think:

Or interrupt ant sex?

incredibly good day at work today, manager calls me over and tells me that the store had a Mystery Shopper last week while i was on a till. For those outside of the UK who aren't familiar with mystery shoppers. They are people hired by the company and go to one of their stores to determine how well a service they get and feedback about the store and staff. Anyway as it turns out, i was the one who served the Mystery shopper (which was weird because i hear my brother talking about them all the time and he's a manager for a mobile phone retail store and i thought they would be easily noticeable). The feedback came through incredibly good, and not just good but as in 100% across the board. Turns out that the swindon store (my store or the one i work at) was the only store to achieve that high mark across the entire line.
inflated my head and ego so much that i nearly wasn't able to get out of the store. Manager was incredibly impressed and gained the attention of the area manager. its a shame this isn't paid work, but this makes one massive achievement for my cv and looks incredibly good going ahead with other applications.

I know Swindon quite well - work for Zurich/Allied Dunbar (Now on the South coast). ...

What shop do you serve in? Anyhoo. ...

Bloody well done jedd btw, mystery shoppers want 'above and beyond' for really good marks I understand so you did something very, very, right!

Hey, as an Asian guy I'd want somebody other than Zac Friggin' Efron representing my entire race, or at least the Japanese. ;)

It's not really that am laughing about. I want to know when it became the Non-Asian Woman's crusade. I'm on the side against the whitewashing as an actual defender of the science-fiction/comic book/manga genre and would like this "movie" version to be as accurate as possible.

Well done jedd. Keep at it. :clap:

I know Swindon quite well - work for Zurich/Allied Dunbar (Now on the South coast). ...

What shop do you serve in? Anyhoo. ...

Bloody well done jedd btw, mystery shoppers want 'above and beyond' for really good marks I understand so you did something very, very, right!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Yay Jedd!!!!

Well done jedd. Keep at it. :clap:

Thank you all.
Cobol, its a charity shop for the British Heart Foundation, apparently the swindon BHF store was the only store in the uk network to achieve such a high score. I ended up having a long conversation with the manager about it all and she was saying about how she can leave the shop floor itself unattended because she knows its in good hands, i'm frequently helping out and more importantly i don't complain, i just get on with the job (i replied "well i'm just here to work, not to doss around and waste peoples time) and has already mentioned that she wishes she had a permanent paying position for me because of the work i do. All stuff that looks incredibly good on the CV but also in a reference as well. I have noticed recently that there has been a spike in the vacancies in the jobs market recently. After a big dip during january and february, it seems like there are more jobs on the market (not tons of them but slightly more which is better for me since it gives me more possibilities).

incredibly good day at work today, manager calls me over and tells me that the store had a Mystery Shopper last week while i was on a till. For those outside of the UK who aren't familiar with mystery shoppers. They are people hired by the company and go to one of their stores to determine how well a service they get and feedback about the store and staff. Anyway as it turns out, i was the one who served the Mystery shopper (which was weird because i hear my brother talking about them all the time and he's a manager for a mobile phone retail store and i thought they would be easily noticeable). The feedback came through incredibly good, and not just good but as in 100% across the board. Turns out that the swindon store (my store or the one i work at) was the only store to achieve that high mark across the entire line.
inflated my head and ego so much that i nearly wasn't able to get out of the store. Manager was incredibly impressed and gained the attention of the area manager. its a shame this isn't paid work, but this makes one massive achievement for my cv and looks incredibly good going ahead with other applications.

Well done. When I used to work at a servo I could usually pick the mystery shoppers because they only put $10 or so fuel in their car, and they ask to use the toilets and/or ask about a current promotion. But you're absolutely right, you can put that in a CV and use it as an example when answering a KSC to do with customer service/satisfaction.

Keep up the good attitude and work ethic and hopefully things turn your way!

Last edited:
Well done jedd!

This morning I saw an ant carrying another ant while I was in the shower and I washed them down the drain....Now I can't help but think, did I rob the ant world of a hero or save it from a cannibal?...:think:

When ants go on long journeys they'll go in pairs and take turns carrying each other. The one getting carried gets to rest up, when the carrier gets tired the now rested ant becomes the carrier. Fascinating little buggers.

It's snowing here and not too lightly either.
A few inches fell in a few hours time and I got caught out at work on my summer tires.
I decided to head home for the day before it got worse.
There were cars in the ditch left and right, and I found a semi truck spun out on just about every hill.
I didn't drive any faster than 25mph and I still almost ate it at one point.
I ended up locking my diffs and even with that I barely made it up the hill on my driveway.
Summer tires really is instant death in the snow.

Last edited:

Congrats! :cool::thumbsup: While I'm sure we have mystery shoppers where I work...I've never been keen to notice them...what we do notice is when the district manager comes in unannounced! :eek: