Random Thoughts....

:lol:

Which airline are you flying with and therefore Terminal will you arrive?

I`m flying the flag, so T5 for me. This will be my first visit to Heathrow. So that just leaves Beijing Capital, Tokyo International, Hong Kong International, and Suvarnabhumi in the airport top 10 that I have yet to visit.

I`m flying the flag, so T5 for me. This will be my first visit to Heathrow. So that just leaves Beijing Capital, Tokyo International, Hong Kong International, and Suvarnabhumi in the airport top 10 that I have yet to visit.

Ah, good choice. :cool:

QI Fact: Bangkok hasn't been called Bangkok by the Thais for 200 years.

They must start as young as possible with a good initial inoculation of Le Mans fever. :D

Oh yes, it will definitely be on the tv for 95% of the time (well not at night :p)

As part of a required jewelry business practices class (geared entirely to jewelry students) I have to submit and resume and cover letter (CV for you Europeans) in application of a fictitious supervisory position at a jewelry manufacturing facility. I'm a watchmaker, not a jeweler. I know next to nothing of the stuff that I'm supposed to be talking about in the cover letter, let alone the fact that my resume will look completely useless for the job they're making me "apply" for. And there's the fact that my outside-of-school-and-work activities section will be completely blank since I was a full time student and worked a long-houred job all through my college classes so I had no time to do extra stuff. Hurrah.

Thank you... I think... too tired to analyze that, but now I has espresso. Hopefully that helps

was certainly intended as a compliment. there's no way i would have been able to do that. would have passed out after the 24 hour mark.

^ Right now, I'm totally done because I had espresso and I had like 4 hours of sleep or so. 4 hours kinda screws me up. Lately I've been needing LOTS of sleep (10-12 hours).

Mentor is in the building, death is certain... maybe. I have been trying to solve these problems and I end up with all new problems. I'm going to just showcase that and see what he says. I've already turned in my write-up to him on Monday and he has comments on that, so hopefully it's not all lost.

Last edited:
As part of a required jewelry business practices class (geared entirely to jewelry students) I have to submit and resume and cover letter (CV for you Europeans) in application of a fictitious supervisory position at a jewelry manufacturing facility. I'm a watchmaker, not a jeweler. I know next to nothing of the stuff that I'm supposed to be talking about in the cover letter, let alone the fact that my resume will look completely useless for the job they're making me "apply" for. And there's the fact that my outside-of-school-and-work activities section will be completely blank since I was a full time student and worked a long-houred job all through my college classes so I had no time to do extra stuff. Hurrah.

Make shit up?

Why does a 7 minute video in 720 from 1080p source take more than an hour to render and encode into 2 pass VBR AVC? GRRR...

Met with mentor and that was one of the most cathartic sessions I've ever had with anyone.

Back in Houston, was an interesting flight - was on an ERJ and had 2 aborted landings due to windsheer - they can really climb when they need to

Was watching the movie Spider-Man last night, as you do on Good Friday. Anyway, it had me thinking how conveniently G-rated his super powers are. He gets bitten by a radioactive spider (or whatever the modern tech equivalent is) and acquires sticky fingers (like a spider), lightning reflexes (like a spider), super eyesight (like a spider?), spider-sense etc., but when you get to the web thing, he has the ability to spin webs from his wrists (most unlike a spider, which has to make do with spinning webs from organs arranged around its anus). :dunno:

It is also pretty convenient that when he marries Mary Jane Watson (which I think he does in the comics), he doesn't die during consummation or get eaten by her afterwards (like a spider). :lol:

Seeing me sister tomorrow for the first time in 19 years. An me niece too who I've never even met before!!

19 years?!!!!!!! Wow good luck!

On a completely different note:

It's Friday, Friday gotta get down on Friday

Was watching the movie Spider-Man last night, as you do on Good Friday. Anyway, it had me thinking how conveniently G-rated his super powers are. He gets bitten by a radioactive spider (or whatever the modern tech equivalent is) and acquires sticky fingers (like a spider), lightning reflexes (like a spider), super eyesight (like a spider?), spider-sense etc., but when you get to the web thing, he has the ability to spin webs from his wrists (most unlike a spider, which has to make do with spinning webs from organs arranged around its anus). :dunno:

It is also pretty convenient that when he marries Mary Jane Watson (which I think he does in the comics), he doesn't die during consummation or get eaten by her afterwards (like a spider). :lol:
IIRC the web thing was originally a gadget but then they made it actually part of his powers. I am bad at keeping track of comic canon though as it is a span of so many years and all over the place. :lol:

^
Tricky, hope that it goes well for you. :unsure:

19 years?!!!!!!! Wow good luck!

Cheers. :) But ahhh it'll be fine. Been talking to 'em loads. Shame I won't see me two nephews too though. We're all piss-head's an all, get on like a house on fire. XD

Met with mentor and that was one of the most cathartic sessions I've ever had with anyone.

That can be good or bad....hopefully good. :)