Random Thoughts....

Her written accent seems overly exaggurated though. :| And yes I am familiar with actually hearing the accent and it's very easy to understand, unlike the crazy spellings she uses. Aussies, you all now permission to add Rs after every other vowel. Am I doin it aboat right?

It's no different from Mark Twain's use of local accents in Huckleberry Finn, so she's carrying on an old, if not common, tradition. Sure it trips up the eyes a bit, but it does force one to read more carefully after years of seeing the same words and taking a mental shortcut in going from seeing a picture of a word to thinking the thought behind it. And yes please, Canadian syntax is welcome.

No.

There are rules here. In #gear, if you don't speak English, you receive the wrath of the operators. What she's speaking is NOT English and should be treated the same.

The first rule of #gear: you do NOT talk about #gear.
The second rule of #gear: you mock Ice and his deer-related driving skills mercilessly.

It's no different from Mark Twain's use of local accents in Huckleberry Finn, so she's carrying on an old, if not common, tradition. Sure it trips up the eyes a bit, but it does force one to read more carefully after years of seeing the same words and taking a mental shortcut in going from seeing a picture of a word to thinking the thought behind it. And yes please, Canadian syntax is welcome.

And she uses the N-word far less, which helps.

Yeah, I look forward to Shirahime's posts too - it's refreshing. :)

I mean, like, oh my god, I can totally, like, type in valleygirl-speak... what.a.loser *complete with hair twirl*

Or, if yousa want tu heareh engrish from chinese person at 99 Rancheh Markeh

Or, if y'all want to go down to the crick and get dem fish.

Okay, I'll stop there. I think you have to be from the Western US to get most of those, but yah...

You're seriously comparing posts on a car-related forum by a teen from somethingsomethingshire to MARK FUCKING TWAIN???

If I were to roll my eyes at this with proper gusto, they would fall out the back of my head.

You're seriously comparing posts on a car-related forum by a teen from somethingsomethingshire to MARK FUCKING TWAIN???

If I were to roll my eyes at this with proper gusto, they would fall out the back of my head.

Dude, calm down. There's more pressing issues in the world than what is currently going on here.

Last edited:
I'm with Ice on this one.

Oh good, I'm gonna look forward to another FG ragequit at this point. There's an Ignore button for a reason, you know. :roll:

Yes, I'm comparing the spelling of regional accents by a poster on a car forum to a similar approach to regional accents by a writer a hundred years ago. I was merely comparing the accent treatment, and any further self-righteous extrapolation on your part is your own problem. Oh, and she's 24, not a teenager. Learn to fucking read.

Well thank you folks. :) It's nice to see that people actually 'ave some humour about them an actually find what I write entertaining an funny. Am not here to have a go at folk. But seriously, some need to lighten up an know that not everybody will instantly conform to their ideals. People aren't built that way.

An' 'ave also come to realise that some are about as popular as a fart in a lift. :p

I'm just gonna leave this in here:
https://pic.armedcats.net/k/ka/karoug/2011/05/11/successful-troll-is-successful.jpg

Hallo!? Jetzt mal ganz ohne Witz, Dialekte werden gesprochen, aber nicht geschrieben! Es steht dir frei zu sprechen wie du willst, aber die Englische Schriftsprache ist nun mal seit Jahrhunderten vereinheitlicht, und wer Englisch schreiben will soll gef?lligst korrekt schreiben, und nicht auf irgendeinem Nonsensdialekt f?r den es keine Rechtschreibregeln gibt. Ich hab Bekannte die darauf bestehen im Internet auf Bayrisch zu schreiben, und selbst mich als fast-Bayer irritiert das masslos. Fazit: Schreib Englisch oder hau ab.

http://img12.imageshack.**/img12/633/ohcrapj.jpg

Hallo!? Jetzt mal ganz ohne Witz, Dialekte werden gesprochen, aber nicht geschrieben! Es steht dir frei zu sprechen wie du willst, aber die Englische Schriftsprache ist nun mal seit Jahrhunderten vereinheitlicht, und wer Englisch schreiben will soll gef?lligst korrekt schreiben, und nicht auf irgendeinem Nonsensdialekt f?r den es keine Rechtschreibregeln gibt. Ich hab Bekannte die darauf bestehen im Internet auf Bayrisch zu schreiben, und selbst mich als fast-Bayer irritiert das masslos. Fazit: Schreib Englisch oder hau ab.

tumblr_lixnfpSC991qelrwyo1_250.gif

That's what you said, right?

Hallo!? Jetzt mal ganz ohne Witz, Dialekte werden gesprochen, aber nicht geschrieben! Es steht dir frei zu sprechen wie du willst, aber die Eenglische Schriftsprache ist nun mal seit Jahrhunderten vereinheitlicht, und wer Englisch schreiben will, soll gef?lligst korrekt schreiben, und nicht auf irgendeinem Nonsensdialekt, f?r den es keine Rechtschreibregeln gibt. Ich habe Bekannte, die darauf bestehen im Internet auf Bayirisch zu schreiben, und selbst mich als fast-Bayer irritiert das mass?los. Fazit: Schreib Englisch oder hau ab.

FTFY.
If you are going to do the Rechtschreibnazi you really should take care of your own spelling and punctuation first. I'm sure there are more issues hidden in there, those are just from reading over it once. You know, the thing with the Glashaus and the Steinen...

More on topic, some nonstandard English is hot.

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/na/narf/2011/05/11/_MG_5395.jpg

I refuse to read German, partly because I can't, but mostly because I don't want to.

See Ice? Now that's hypocricy.

:p

negrep answered with a negrep, you sad, sad man... if you think i need to hang on Ice's coattails to expect an international forum to speak English, especially one that has more members who are NOT from an English speaking country.

Even we have 8 dialects of arabic in our tiny country but when a lot of us get together we at least have the decency and respect to try and use a common version so that everyone understands it, i guess I'm an asshole for expecting the same here...

FTFY.
If you are going to do the Rechtschreibnazi you really should take care of your own spelling and punctuation first. I'm sure there are more issues hidden in there, those are just from reading over it once. You know, the thing with the Glashaus and the Steinen...

I'm not being a Rechtschreibnazi. When people misspell something, that's alright. Everybody makes mistakes. But when you purposely go out of your way to butcher the English language despite knowing better, simply for the sake of annoying other people, it goes too far. I'm no Ice who will tell people "it's not spelled 'color', it's spelled 'colour.'" because I really don't give a shit - I can read it either way, as can everybody else.

But if you go out of your way to spend time thinking about how you can best misspell the words you have been taught to spell correctly for 12 years, simply so it sounds more like how you talk... you're making more effort for yourself, while also causing other people to need more effort to read it. Congratulations, you've graduated with a degree in antisocialness.

@ gaasc

Yours was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Nothing personal, but the constant whining about her posting in her own way is getting tedious to read and I am sure doesn't make her feel good either.

You think that's tedious to read?! How about her posts! Those are a lot more tedious to read, you sad, sad revenge-negrepping old man.

Last edited:
What the fuck is going on in here today? Every damned thread I go into is a veritable shit-storm of members whipping out their e-peenors and slapping each other in the face.

Is it a full moon or something? What the hell?

Remember when I said we haven't had much drama lately?

I TAKE IT BACK!

But when you purposely go out of your way to butcher the English language despite knowing better, simply for the sake of annoying other people, it goes too far.

I doubt she is writing in the way she is writing to annoy you.

Also, nope, no full moon. Almost halfway there though :wicked: