Random Thoughts....

EDIT: One thing that does look sketchy, the back of the watch. Its completely polished with no markings. I'm no expert on Soviet watches, but I'm 95% sure thats not right.
Watch out (pun intended)!

The "Chairman Mao" watch, of course, is genuine chinese tourist trap kitsch. But it has a fighter plane as a seconds hand and Chairman Mao is moving his lower arm to greet you.
https://pic.armedcats.net/d/dr/dr_grip/2011/05/13/IMG_0742.JPG

And my genuine Russian Army Watch (with the ring genuinely missing cause if feel off due to rubbish build quality):
https://pic.armedcats.net/d/dr/dr_grip/2011/05/13/IMG_0744.JPG
https://pic.armedcats.net/d/dr/dr_grip/2011/05/13/IMG_0746.JPG

I'm sick of all the bullshit drama on the forums the past few days. Everyone chill the fuck out, have a beer/wine/shot and realize that not everyone is here to make your stay on this miserable little rock a pleasant one.
Truer words have not been spoker for quite some time.
I hate May. Every single show on TV ends in May. And half of them get cancelled. God damned networks!
At least we got rid of "Lie to me", an offense to the science of psychology, the work of real-life cops and prove that Paul Ekman is a wanker. Still, i want a crime drama which main character is based on me, too.

Last edited:
At least we got rid of "Lie to me", an offense to the science of psychology, the work of real-life cops and prove that Paul Ekman is a wanker. Still, i want a crime drama which main character is based on me, too.

what? i loved Lie to Me and thought it was a great show. Much like NCIS i don't watch it for the crimes and the who-dunnits. i watch it for the characters.

what? i loved Lie to Me and thought it was a great show. Much like NCIS i don't watch it for the crimes and the who-dunnits. i watch it for the characters.

I think as with most TV shows it loses it's appeal when you (or in my case, my girlfriend) actually know the science involved and are permanently cursing at the screen. Additionally, it -just like Torchwood- is ruined for me by the bullshit political content/agenda (and i'm not talking about the LGBT theme in Torchwood!).

Last edited:
Reminder app? Bah, I don't know what I'd do without my PVR. It does all the legwork for me. Schedule change? I don't care, the magic box knows about it, I don't need to pay attention.

And, uh, so I guess you do like shoes after all. Not for your feet though, for your presenters. "Ha ha this is a funny joke, you can tell by my lifeless delivery, ah ha, this was not written by someone else who made me read it, this is how I normally talk and I feel completely comfortable with talking like this." is all I hear when I try to watch TGUS. The real TG > the pretenders.
I usually watch tv shows online so the app works well for me. It also tells me if it is a rerun or some stupid flashbacky compilation episode of something so I don't have to watch it.

Top Gear is now where I would put the simpsons. There are still good episodes and it's watchable but you no longer actually bother to tune in for it. Last season was the first season ever I forgot to watch top gear the day it aired more than once, I believe it was closer to the opposite. I remember talking to captain_70's on IM and him saying "I forgot about top gear again, this isn't a good sign." and that pretty much sums it up for me.

Truer words have not been spoker for quite some time.

Fox probably said "Well bones was a hit, lets try this!" There was also iirc, briefly not too long ago a similar show with psychiatry?

I think as with most TV shows it loses it's appeal when you (or in my case, my girlfriend) actually know the science involved and are permanently cursing at the screen. Additionally, it -just like Torchwood- is ruined for me by the bullshit political content/agenda (and i'm not talking about the LGBT theme in Torchwood!).

I also liked it, but I imagine watching it for you would probably be something on the idea of what the fast and the furious looks like to this whole forum, only lie to me wasn't terrible enough to be hilarious and more like the of cop shows in general and how movies portray hacking as a video game and have magic photoshop programs for enhancing everything.

Also I am getting sick of internet induced ADD. My own post is too long for me to properly read through in one go. The only thing past a couple paragraphs I can read anymore is stuff like hyperbole and a half which is written by someone with REAL ADD and probably compound onto internet ADD and has pictures. I was reading novels in second grade how can I no longer read a one page magazine sized article? Fuck you internet.

Last edited:

actually i completely agree with you about Torchwood. the only reason i've tolerated it and still watch it is due to its somewhat thin link to Doctor Who. if it wasn't for that link i would have given up on it ages ago.

mostly what annoys me is that this happens all too often with Fox. I enjoyed Lie to Me a lot, however the Fox people were also responsible for cancelling two shows that i completely loved Arrested Development and Firefly. I don't see how they can keep just cancelling shows and not expect people to come back and watch their network. especially if shows that do show promise are getting cancelled by Murdoch's minions.

Last edited:
Speaking of Bones has anyone seen the episode "The Finder" yet? If that doesn't spawn a really fun spin-off I'll be really surprised. Bear that in mind as and when you watch it.

Also I am getting sick of internet induced ADD. My own post is too long for me to properly read through in one go. The only thing past a couple paragraphs I can read anymore is stuff like hyperbole and a half which is written by someone with REAL ADD and probably compound onto internet ADD and has pictures. I was reading novels in second grade how can I no longer read a one page magazine sized article? Fuck you internet.

I'm using the internet longer then you and i still can read novels. In fact, most of my job consists of reading. Don't blame the media for what is not it's fault.

Speaking of Bones has anyone seen the episode "The Finder" yet? If that doesn't spawn a really fun spin-off I'll be really surprised. Bear that in mind as and when you watch it.

I have seen it. It had this backdoor pilot feel to it. I loved it and so i really appreciate this.

Last edited:
actually i completely agree with you about Torchwood. the only reason i've tolerated it and still watch it is due to its somewhat thin link to Doctor Who. if it wasn't for that link i would have given up on it ages ago.

mostly what annoys me is that this happens all too often with Fox. I enjoyed Lie to Me a lot, however the Fox people were also responsible for cancelling two shows that i completely loved Arrested Development and Firefly. I don't see how they can keep just cancelling shows and not expect people to come back and watch their network. especially if shows that do show promise are getting cancelled by Murdoch's minions.

They get away with it because they have good shows to cancel in the first place. The CW for example, is made up of mostly shows I refer to as "shit they still make that?" because I got bored with it like 5 years ago and had no idea it was still on. Even with fox killing 2 shows I watched 3/7 still on my list are still on fox.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. It was kind of odd the main characters were barely in that episode so I think that was probably done on purpose.
I'm using the internet longer then you and i still can read novels. In fact, most of my job consists of reading. Don't blame the media for what is not it's fault.
Maybe you have a better attention span idk, but It's not just me, a lot of people I talk to have this issue and one said they brought it up in therapy and the therapist actually said that people now often acquire ADD like symptoms from too much stimulation from electronics. I say it's electronics btw, because when the power goes out I detox and can read a whole book in a couple hours. This of course does not help when I want to read something in electronic form like a friend's blog or something. I put the link up in a tab and it just sits there.

So it's basically a problem of having enough discipline to stay away from the computer even if the power is on?

Speaking of this, i really got to get to the no-wifi library now, get some real work done.

I'm sick of all the bullshit drama on the forums the past few days. Everyone chill the fuck out, have a beer/wine/shot and realize that not everyone is here to make your stay on this miserable little rock a pleasant one.
same here

Whenever I want to know how sad and annoying people can be, I just take a good look around in real life. This forum should be for fun and a good time, and it usually is.

So it's basically a problem of having enough discipline to stay away from the computer even if the power is on?

Speaking of this, i really got to get to the no-wifi library now, get some real work done.

Mostly the issue is I want to read things like I said, that are actually online. It seems like a little bit of a waste of money to print out every article or blog entry I want to read so I can concentrate on it. I suppose I could disconnect from the internet and read it but then my computer has shit on it I will be distracted by or I will remember I am supposed to be putting out a weekly comic and I haven't started it and should totally do that, and I should get of the computer entirely and try to think up shit to sew and make money, but then I make the patterns in illustrator since they are less messy to alter that way and I go back on the computer. Oh I don't know what the most effective way to execute this shape is, I should look up other patterns for hints better turn on the wifi. It's too quiet in here lets have music, or maybe tv for background noise.

And that is why if I like my car. It has a tape player and I will not be fiddling with shit and crash like everyone else my age that apparently have to be reminded that texting while driving is stupid.

I have decided to name this puppy here in the house in India

"Gold Bond itch creme".

It's gold/brown and can't stop scratching itself.

I think the name is appropriate if a bit long.

How does it sound in the local tongue?

Shouldn't that be 007sh herpeesh? If you're thinking of Connery it should be. :)

Nope. But then again we don't have Poison Ivy, Poison Oak or a shit ton of mosquitoes either.

Ok nevermind I have forgotten I only tend to converse with people with various mental illnesses and halfway through writing a deranged blog entry about being insanity I realize I probably can't concentrate because I can't properly medicate myself for being crazy and EM at the same time so I am probably REALLY screwed up right now. :|

Last edited: