Random Thoughts....

Well... rejected again... can't say I'm surprised. This one hurts a lot more than anything before, though. I need some alone time...

:tumbleweed:

Karma's a bitch, huh?

You know the rap song you're listening too is really underground when a brilliant line like
I'll slap my salmon through your face!
does not return a single google match.

For comparasation: the equally brilliant line "Wenn ich mit Dir fertig bin, brauchst Du ne Delphintherapie" (in english:
When i'm done with you, you'll need dolphin therapy!
)

Results in several pages of matches.

Maybe you have a better attention span idk, but It's not just me, a lot of people I talk to have this issue and one said they brought it up in therapy and the therapist actually said that people now often acquire ADD like symptoms from too much stimulation from electronics. I say it's electronics btw, because when the power goes out I detox and can read a whole book in a couple hours. This of course does not help when I want to read something in electronic form like a friend's blog or something. I put the link up in a tab and it just sits there.

I'm far from being one of your people. I'm quite obsessive, often over small insignificant things. I have an ocean of patience and yet I'm pretty much on the interbutts all day. What I don't do, though, is go out of the house with internet equipped devices and surf the tubes like I'm still in my living room, and I would never go on vacation and bring an internet with me like so many people do.

It's not electronics' fault that people act the way they do. That's like blaming food for everyone being fat. Damn food, forcing us to be fat! Actually, a bit of exercise would fix both problems.

I'm sure modern technology can aggravate such symptoms if you're not careful. Like Kat said, it's always there, always tempting. Distraction is just a click away. That doesn't mean you can't overcome it but if you're predisposed to it, it's just going to be that much worse.

I have to wonder if I have ADD myself, I often catch myself showing the symptoms but I've already been diagnosed with something else that supposedly "overrides" ADD, i.e. you can't have both.....

Well... There is one positive thing about ADD (legit genetic maybe?). It gives you superhuman focusing ability on things you care about. Like for example, driving. I am usually quite super attentive while driving because I'm always looking out for other drivers. Or super concentration on playing video games (I CAN GAME FOR HOURSSS). xD

(My dad was diagnosed with ADD when he was a kid.)

If you die alone in your home there's probably a much greater chance that you have multiple cats and no one will notice until your bills go unpaid.

^ That explains why I'm a cat person then! :p

I was diagnosed with ADD in 4th grade, I was really bad back then; could barely pay attention in class for more than a few minutes without my focus wandering. I've been on a low dose of medication since then after going through one that turned me into a complete zombie. Now though, I have a lot more of an attention span and have been thinking of getting off my meds. People may be skeptical of ADD being real but as someone who has dealt with some extreme ADD I beg to differ, I've never blamed having it on electronics or bad parenting or anything like that. I've always looked at it as one of those challenges in life I have to overcome, like the speech impediment I had as a little kid.
The over stimulation from electronics does have solid ground in a lot of developmental problems though, the issues is with the parents plopping their kids in front of the TV or giving them toys that flash and make noise from any input. There have been suggestions that such overload makes it so only such events can keep the brain focused, so when confronted with mundane tasks the person can't focus on it because it isn't as stimulating as what they are accustomed to.

There needs to be a 200-300 minute cell phone family plan: My brother and I only used 61 minutes combined...out of 700. :|

[video=youtube;lGpAm4Fv-RY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGpAm4Fv-RY[/video]

:cheers:

You must spread some more amazing Finnish goals before yada yada yada...

Someone help me out here, and rep this man!

WHAT A GAME. \o/

Well that was what I was saying most of the way through. Really pleased I was right and looking forward to it. Reckon it will have a kind of modern A Team vibe to it.

If they tone down the forced "funny" then yes, i think it has potential.