Random Thoughts....

Sounds like an awesome school. I remember they had gerbils in my first school but we never saw the fucking things, they could've been socks for all we knew. To give them some credit they did have ducklings too for the 5 year olds to terrify...

Last edited:
I am happy to report that I am not one bit scared of a single piece of wildlife, giant insect or slimy reptile.

Offcourse we don't actualy have any wildife, giant insects or slimy reptiles but that's compleetly besides the point.

What FB profile? Have you been telling us porkies all this time Doc?

Got my last exam tomorrow! :D
Just me and my marker for a couple more hours, a bit of stress tomorrow morning and then vacation, sweet vacation!

My guess is it's just some kind of injoke.

That dude is...

No joke to be had here. I won't decorate my FB profile with a picture of Adolf Eichmann, either.

Yes, that.

The guy who changed his profile picture to Mladi?'s may have lost his father in the war, so I can understand the sentiment in general, but still...

I actually like snakes, but spiders?

killitwithfire.gif

The guy who changed his profile picture to Mladi?'s may have lost his father in the war, so I can understand the sentiment in general, but still...

Well then in that case it simply boils down to which side his father was fighting for. Against Mladi? I assume in which case I would say that it is merely his way of expressing relief that the guy was finally apprehended and is being tried. It depends how close a "friend" he really is but you could always message him first.

:lol:

This summer, not starring ahpadt "Snakes on a Page"

Well then in that case it simply boils down to which side his father was fighting for. Against Mladi? I assume in which case I would say that it is merely his way of expressing relief that the guy was finally apprehended and is being tried. It depends how close a "friend" he really is but you could always message him first.

Actually, we're both Serbs, so this is a sign of support. That's why I'm not sure I want even a shred of the guy's presence in my life. We're not really "friends," but I tend to add people I've met (who also likely remember me, obviously), and having been classmates for 6.5 years, he certainly qualified.

I haven't noticed him posting anything else that would irk me. He's an alright guy (or was the last time I saw him, years ago). I just have zero tolerance for those who support genocides, ethnic cleansings, and the animals who conduct them.

Tricky one. Either delete or at least message him first telling him why you don't think that is an appropriate thing to do. It may be irking a number of other people so you might be doing them and him a small favour.

After reading, I had to remind myself of what a lucky person I am to not be terrified by insects or nature in general. I was the kid who ate dirt, caught snakes and salamanders and raised wild rabbits and crows.

<---- Used to eat worms as a kid.

Talking about insects an' general yukky things; I'm deathly terrified of Moths. I hate the feckin' things. <_< Don't trust anything that turns to powder when you touch it.

Tricky one. Either delete or at least message him first telling him why you don't think that is an appropriate thing to do. It may be irking a number of other people so you might be doing them and him a small favour.

That's the thing: I doubt it.

The people from that region aren't generally like me. They hold grudges for years/decades/centuries, and it's considered patriotic to support guys like this, "because he fought for us!" Nevermind that we started the damn war because other peoples wanted independence, and we didn't want fewer minorities under our control... (Ask Ice or nicjasno about the prevailing Balkans mentality.)

It turns out this was his profile picture for a little while, and no longer is. I'll let it go for the time being, but from now on it's gonna' be a non-negotiable red card infraction.

I am boned.

So we have data from the 27th of october, 28th, 29th, and Nov 01. I have managed to reduce all the data from the 27th, and tried to reduce the data from the other days. I also have tried to work on differential photometry, light curve plots and statistical analysis. I now have to work on creating fake data and doing lomb-scargle periodogram analysis.

Here's the problem: None of the data from the other days is working. The target star is so dim that the program couldn't identify it. I never told them this, I just said "yeah I'm working on the reduction and it's going. ". I also said I was cranking out light curves for the days other than the 27th (which I have already shown light curves for). I didn't have time yesterday and today to work on fake data and lomb-scargle analysis and I don't think he expects that for today's meeting..... whiiiiich juust happens to be 30 minutes away from now.

So I have several options at this moment: Create the fake data routine and present that information to him, OR try to figure out what the crap is wrong with the data from the other days, why it wouldn't reduce properly, get it reduced, and then work on the analysis within the next 30 minutes so that I can show that I have light curves from other days.

I can then say that there are some issues with the detector not being able to detect extremely faint objects of order of 16th magnitude, which is actually reasonable.

Or I can hide in the bathroom and say I'm sick.