Random Thoughts....

Northern California, with the usual caveats about everything being omg expensive and liberal.

Screw this hot weather. It's 99? F (37? C) and it's going to be hotter the next two days. Where can I live that it rarely gets below freezing and not above 80? F (26? C)?

I really hate the temps/weather in this area, -10? F (-23? C) in the winter and 100?+ F (38? C) in the summer. Short violent springs (need I remind you of the tornado that took half of the town I work in away in May). The fall is the only good part, but it's still short..

You would HATE living here.:lol:
Temperatures vary from 1?C to 38?C with average 75% humidity.

I usually try to stick to around 1500-1800 calories and 30g of fat a day...except on my birthday. At 2:39pm central time I am now up to 2474 calories and 132 grams of fat for the day...:lol:

I think about 2500 is the "recommended" calorie intake for a man. Is there something you're not telling us?

Is Dave a free to air channel? I'm going to Coventry tomorrow on a conference. My B&B room has a TV and there really seems to be Top Gear on all evening, so I would not have to think about bringing any videos with me to stay entertained...

Last edited:
I think about 2500 is the "recommended" calorie intake for a man. Is there something you're not telling us?

I'm dropping weight at the moment... trying to cut down on bulk before I try my first marathon in November.

"Recommended" is pretty broad; if I was to intake 2500 calories on a non workday I would be feeling bloated and stuffed. On weekends I only need 1500 calories. I eat breakfast around 8:30, 2 hours later than I normally do, then I have lunch around 3 pm, four hours later than usual, and that is it for the day. I am full.

However, on the weekdays I need to take in as many calories as I can, usually about 2000. And I am still hungry 2-3 hours after a meal.
So, unlike most of my fellow Americans, I can self regulate. :roll:

Random thought:

I should be a funeral director. I can act, I have warm hands, and I always have a baleful look on my face.

Last edited:
Is Dave a free to air channel? I'm going to Coventry tomorrow on a conference. My B&B room has a TV and there's really seems to be Top Gear on all evening, so I would not have to think about bringing any videos with me to stay entertained...

It's not a terrestrial channel (AKA the main 5 that every TV set recieves assuming they have a TV licence), but it does come with Freeview and I'm sure your B&B will have it. There is a small chance that they won't though. Check if your B&B has Freeview or satellite.

Is Dave a free to air channel? I'm going to Coventry tomorrow on a conference. My B&B room has a TV and there really seems to be Top Gear on all evening, so I would not have to think about bringing any videos with me to stay entertained...

Answering your question, Dave is free to air but you need a Freeview box or hardware installed on the TV.

Tesco used to sell Freeview TV boxes for about ?15 a couple of years ago, but now most TVs have it installed anyway.

So, also check out Sky3 - Pick TV from 21:00 - 24:00 and watch Road Wars and Night Cops.

Road Wars: Chavs, idiot motorists and street drug dealers in Slough.

Night Cops: Regional cities of England & Wales drunken chavs fighting, pukeing, falling over and fighting with the cops.

Much LOLs to be seen. :lol:

"Recommended" is pretty broad; if I was to intake 2500 calories on a non workday I would be feeling bloated and stuffed. On weekends I only need 1500 calories. I eat breakfast around 8:30, 2 hours later than I normally do, then I have lunch around 3 pm, four hours later than usual, and that is it for the day. I am full.

However, on the weekdays I need to take in as many calories as I can, usually about 2000. And I am still hungry 2-3 hours after a meal.

Random thought:

I should be a funeral director. I can act, I have warm hands, and I always have a baleful look on my face.

Jay,

You just described a bloodhound!

Do you have long ears, too? :p

Does anyone still say grace anymore before their meals?

Side note: Damn I missed the 4400th post.

Random thought:

I found a picture of you on the internet:

droopy.jpg

[read extremely slowly] You know what? I'm happy.

Let's see...I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've said Grace before eating in my life...

That's really good for a beginner, but I've always felt golf is the easiest sport to pick up for already athletic people. On the brother front...I can still hope he brings dishonor on our family and is disowned :lol:. Unfortunately I must live with the fact that I'm the second son... they even get the same name (first sons of first sons). I too would love to play some of Americas great public courses, they are all on my golf "bucket list" alongside Augusta National, Shinnecock, St. Andrews (old course), and Royal Melbourne. The only one I have crossed off the list is Pebble Beach... I donated about 20 balls to the ocean that day...:lol:

Well it would be decent, but I'm good friends with some ex-collegiate golfers. Whenever I head out with them I take a cart with my other terrible playing friend so we aren't shamed by being on the same scorecard as consistent scratch golfers. I would kill for an invite to those great private courses but I think I should drop my scores into the 80s before I can show my face around the places. I really need to add some yardage to my drives to play those ultra-long 7200 yd or more championship courses. I'm getting around 250 where I can get a decent fairway percentage, but if I hammer it who knows where it will land. I did manage to blast one to the back net of my driving range which is at 320 yds. but I use a 460cc driver so that's kinda cheating. So a longer drive and a good fairway wood will take me near the green in most par-5's but if I get in the rough its game over, double bogey.

Sorry to derail this thread but does anyone of you know any good Internet caf? software that will work over wi fi and allow multiple master computers? All I've found out are either one, the other, or spyware