Random Thoughts....

Does anyone still say grace anymore before their meals?

Side note: Damn I missed the 4400th post.

Yeah, when we're all eating together as a family we say grace. Sometimes it's a little awkward when we have friends around for dinner...then we don't hold hands around the table :lol:

Side note: Damn I missed the 4400th post.

I don't know anyone named Grace. :mrgreen:

Total damage for 28th birthday...:lol:

Calories: 5227
Fat grams: 185
Sodium: 8268
Carbohydrates: 512

total calories burned cycling, running, and playing golf: ~7000

About to burn another ~200...peace.

Don't have a link but he's on episode 1 and 2 which you can watch on iView.

Damn that defence lawyer is good.

Yeah, when we're all eating together as a family we say grace. Sometimes it's a little awkward when we have friends around for dinner...then we don't hold hands around the table :lol:

Interesting, this I wasn't expecting. All the Americans say no and then an Australian says yes?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Newsflash: Not everyone is religious. In my family we gave it up when I, the youngest child, was old enough that my parents realized there is no way anybody in the room, including them, actually gives a damn about that stuff.

Still haven't watched Top Gear yet, and in no particular hurry to do so.

Shame on you. :p

I'm sure lots of people will tell you it's worth watching.

Interesting, this I wasn't expecting. All the Americans say no and then an Australian says yes?
Never said it in my life. Even if we have a family thing with my religious grandmother. But then she goes to church, but isn't really a die-hard Christian. I was actually quite shocked when she said she believes abortion should be legal, just because I didn't expect it.

Still haven't watched Top Gear yet, and in no particular hurry to do so.

You really should. It's probably one of the best standard format ones they've made in a long time. Opener is a bit silly but after that it really gets into its stride.

Newsflash: Not everyone is religious. In my family we gave it up when I, the youngest child, was old enough that my parents realized there is no way anybody in the room, including them, actually gives a damn about that stuff.

You misinterpreted what I was saying, I was actually being curious as opposed to criticising. My family and I aren't exactly what you'd call religious either. Hard to convey tone over the internet.

Never said it in my life. Even if we have a family thing with my religious grandmother. But then she goes to church, but isn't really a die-hard Christian. I was actually quite shocked when she said she believes abortion should be legal, just because I didn't expect it.

Yeah, I was at a gathering a few months ago and they said grace, I found it a little strange..perhaps strange isn't the right word. Er...different? I just wasn't expecting it considering who they were.

Last edited:
"The company is actively considering a nomenclature change,"he says. "It's all to do with the Chinese. They like the number four, apparently. "There are not a lot of numbers left for the proliferation of models that are likely to appear. There is active consideration of using the even numbers that we currently use. That would be two and four." - BMW Australia Sales Managing Director

http://www.carsguide.com.au/site/news-and-reviews/car-news/bmw_to_move_away_from_cars/
The article is complete and utter bullshit but that is gold. The Chinese hate the number four because it means death and on top of that, 24 means 'easy to die'. Either this guy is really stupid or he is just spiting China. Of course, if it is as he said 'All to do with the Chinese' then that would be hilarious. :lol:

Last edited:
My dog = weird... He's terrified of insects, but wants to fight with every dog 10 times his size.

So is mine. First time I ever went away for a weekend on my own one of the cats brought one into the kitchen. Mrs walked in just as 15 month old daughter was about to put the slow worm head first into her mouth. Utter freakage apparently ensued.

Personally I think they're really cool.