Random Thoughts....

Totally exhausted. Took the kids to Legoland yesterday. Up at 7, left at 8, two hour drive there, 9 hours traipsing round a hilly theme park in hot sunshine, drive to Epsom, have dinner, drive home, get kids in bed, unwind...... Plus I didn't sleep that well the night before.

Curiously enough though in the line for one particular ride there was one guy who looked a lot like CrazyJeeper and another who was the spitting image of LP. It was only when I realised the operator of another ride was a dead ringer for IceBone did I begin to worry! :lol:

Only you can take a simple comment about the weather and turn it into a political/history/science lecture.

Well since he lives alone with naught but a cat for company........ the crazy cat ladies are now male and live on the interwebz.

But on the subject after 9/11 in the days after the attacks when no commercial aircraft were criss-crossing the country the mean temperature across the US rose by over a degree celsius. Global Dimming (unlike man made climate change) is a recognisable and provable phenomenon so it is quite possible that increased coal usage in China could be offsetting any warming caused by other causes.

Last edited:
It's interesting to me sitting here on the forum for as long as I have and just watching people do cool stuff with their lives. I know it's a bit random, but you lot are pretty damn impressive. And I have to say that a fair amount of the cool stuff I've gotten to do recently has been a direct result of being on here (essentially anything related to the Hooniverse, including eating Ford's steaks at the Chicago Auto Show pressers). I'm lucky to get a chance to hang out here with you guys, because you're all awesome.

/not drunk
//just sentimental
///okay, maybe sleep-deprived too.

I seem to be uninteresting and boring in every way... :(

Well since he lives alone with naught but a cat for company........ the crazy cat ladies are now male and live on the interwebz.

Yeah, about that... not so much. You don't think I discuss my entire private life, now do you? :p

But on the subject after 9/11 in the days after the attacks when no commercial aircraft were criss-crossing the country the mean temperature across the US rose by over a degree celsius. Global Dimming (unlike man made climate change) is a recognisable and provable phenomenon so it is quite possible that increased coal usage in China could be offsetting any warming caused by other causes.

So, we're supposed to not take a couple of days and extrapolate them into "global warming is BS" but when "the earth has a fever" and temperatures are supposed to skyrocket, and then don't for a decade, and don't even begin to follow the 'correct and orthodox' models, why, we'll just say it was some other factor doing it so as to preserve the religion... and then charge you a tax to 'help offset global warming' when even the UN admits that there's jack squat we can do to stop it in their models (according to them, if we go into maximum effort mode, we can shave off one degree of the warming - which isn't actually happening in reality).

How about, uh, NO. :rolleyes: It's a religion like any other and needs to be ridiculed as such. The only thing that seems to have a direct and consistent correlation of any kind with planetary temperatures is solar activity. You know, big naked fusion reactor hanging in vacuum, the planet orbits around it, thing warms entire planets at light-hour distances...

Last edited:
I'm feeling quite under the weather at the moment, debating whether I should go to school tomorrow.

Arrived at baker street, London. Looking for 221b. All I can think is the quote "data, data, data. I cannot make bricks without clay."

I'm feeling quite under the weather at the moment, debating whether I should go to school tomorrow.

Are you claiming Global Warming too?

Arrived at baker street, London. Looking for 221b. All I can think is the quote "data, data, data. I cannot make bricks without clay."

221 is currently occupied by a large art deco office building, IIRC - which is neat to look at in and of itself. However, there is the Sherlock Holmes Museum at 239 Baker Street (there's a 221B address plaque out front) which is worth visiting. Or at least it was when last I was in Seattle East (aka London).

Last edited:
Adunaphel, The Bastard Master of the Faster Plaster!

If I ever start ruining the general vibe of this thread like Spectre, someone please be honest and blunt and tell me as much.

If I ever start ruining the general vibe of this thread like Spectre, someone please be honest and blunt and tell me as much.
I mean, I wish I could peg the general vibe of this thread. You've got sentimental bullshit like what I posted, random other stuff, whatever spectre's been posting and then there's bearded pikachu/mansell. Lolque.

Ehh... general vibe? I'm guessing if you remove all the srsbizness stories, and any links to websites or whatnot, you've just got

"I took a poop today, it looked like jesus" -esque posts. After all this is random thoughts.

So if you somehow ruin THAT vibe..... I think YOU'LL be the first to recognize it, and I trust in your judgment and intellect on this.