Random Thoughts....

LA is where most of these 'get out of a date' phone services originated, where the 'hire someone to lie for you' services originated, and where some girls got together and set up a subscription telephone answering service specifically designed to not pass guys messages on.

Sure, it happens elsewhere, but only in LA is standing someone up a commercialized art form.

:lol: You're hilarious.

Please stop encouraging him.

A real girl will bring an empty suitcase just for all the crap she'll buy in Paris.

The airlines charge to much for the extra bags these days, it is probably cheaper to ship it back via UPS/Fed Ex.

I got a fancy rejection letter today! Like, with fancy stationery and everything. What's the point of that? A simple "no" would've done the job.

They want you to feel good about the rejection. Don't you just feels all warm and fuzzy about it?

Please stop encouraging him.

My sincerest apologies. Sometimes it's just too hard to resist.

shiftyeyes-1.gif

I got a fancy rejection letter today! Like, with fancy stationery and everything. What's the point of that? A simple "no" would've done the job.
What, for grad school or something? I got a bunch of those last year, still makes me kind of mad thinking about it. Three paragraphs talking about what a great candidate you are and then ... NOT ACCEPTED. Really?

Between Rick and coco and everyone else, I think I should start a "how to get a job" thread.
Step 1: Move to another country that's actually interested in creating jobs. :D

:lol: You're hilarious.

Sadly, it's true. If you have an ATT phone, dial #121 (it's IIRC a free call), select Instant Alibi.

The guy who invented the concept is from LA.

Also, while it originated in New York (a city working hard to dethrone LA as the rejection capital), the second Rejection Hotline started up in Los Angeles not long after they did. (310) 217-7638 is one of them.

Unfortunately the fake answering service number is now a Del Taco in Long Beach or I'd give you that number to verify as well.

I say again - only in LA is standing someone up a commercialized art form. If nothing else, you've got the studios and associated personnel doing it.

Last edited:
They want you to feel good about the rejection. Don't you just feels all warm and fuzzy about it?
I feel like punching a cow.

It was for a job. I'm a little relieved, TBH, because it was for an online communications position and the place still did EVERYTHING by fax or snail mail. :lol: Yikes.

Last edited:
:comfort:

I feel like punching a cow.

It was for a job. I'm a little relieved, TBH, because it was for an online communications position and the place still did EVERYTHING by fax or snail mail. :lol: Yikes.

Yeah, that's not a good sign that they're either legit or have a clue about what they're doing.

So, Heaven is basically the best place evar, where everything is awsome and you only get in, if you live a life by a religious code wich tells you what are sins and what not.

Now, Heaven would all be stuff, they?d never let you into heaven for in the first place. Heaven would be a place of sin. And I can only get into that if I don?t sin? Fucking religions, how do they work?

What, for grad school or something? I got a bunch of those last year, still makes me kind of mad thinking about it. Three paragraphs talking about what a great candidate you are and then ... NOT ACCEPTED. Really?
"You are a great candidate, but there are hundreds of people as qualified as you, tough break."

Try pharmaceuticals. Most of the big companies are trying to reach into Latin America and especially Brazil, and that way you can get a foot in the door at home and then transfer elsewhere if you want.

By definition, I should be able to compete for a position, but recruiters only accept applicants with a degree in Pharmacy Pharmacology.

Edit: Thanks, Cobol. I was thinking in Pt-Br.

Last edited:
Are you fucking kidding me!?

My brother and I are clearly in bed...and what does my selfish as fuck other brother do?

Turn on fucking lady gaga like there's no problem....

Its 9 in the fucking morning. Its Lady Gaga. (What an overhyped bitch, I'm sorry...) And its at a volume that would be acceptable at 12 pm or something.

Did I mention I get to hear her shrill nonsinging ass at least once a fucking day...if not more?! And that giant ass posters grace our shared bedroom? Its a crazy, blind fanboyism that drives me insane...he once said she was superior to any other artist because she "writes her own music." :|

It wouldn't be half bad if he opened up his musical tastes beyond the same select albums from the same 5 artists listened to on repeat every freakin day, but alas. Nope.

Yeah I need to move...working on that last bit...

Last edited:
Or some Sinatra. Ol' Blue Eyes can 86 just about anything.

I saw a civil war re-enactment once, hells teeth they went for it with the cannon fire - loud, I said speak up a bit, LOUD?

The story I got was that the first performance was punctuated by cannon fire from real captured French Cannons.

Last edited:
By definition, I should be able to compete for a position, but recruiters only accept applicants with a degree in Pharmacy Pharmacology.

Edit: Thanks, Cobol. I was thinking in Pt-Br.

Hmm, they must have a different range of jobs open over there. I know people with bachelor's degrees in chemistry and other basic sciences here who've worked for pharma.