Random Thoughts....

Wait, 5$ per scoop? What kind of crazy ice cream is that. I just bought a full pint of richardson's for like 12$ and that is a place that has it's own field of cows!

If you even walk past a Coldstone franchise, you may develop instant diabetes.

Our insane graphic design techer has made us do a job for which we are decidly underqualified, still, we're making a pretty good job out of it, Dreamweaver does help a lot.

ust a couple of days left 'till I have a free schedule (And acess to #gear) again.

All this talk of Coldstone is making me want ice cream.... Nevertheless, maybe I've earned it as I have rowed 23,000 meters over the past 2 days! I remember how hard it was to even row 1000 meters ~5 months ago.

:clap: Woot for workout progress!!! Good job!

I just left the 190lb mark officially... I'm at around 188/189. When I first came back from Berkeley I was 209, so 20 lbs since 2009 :p. I remember being 148 lbs back in 11th grade when I was doing cross country training, but I don't think I ever ever want to get to that point. I think the 160s - 170s are appropriate for someone of my build and height. What do the experts think? I'm 5'9.5" and I have a medium build.

Last edited:
Lulz, look at these lightweights. I'm not even sure where I clock in, but it's prollies over 240lbs.
That said, I'd have to be scrawny to break 200lbs with my height and build. That means I should realistically shed another 30lbs or so.

In light of that, I think I've devised a fantastically suicidal cycling regimen: I set a target time for every beach ride, and if I don't make it, I have to go ride the same route again, though without time restrictions. Since I don't really have time to do two hour-long rides in a row, that should help with kicking up the pace. :lol:

:clap: Woot for workout progress!!! Good job!

I just left the 190lb mark officially... I'm at around 188/189. When I first came back from Berkeley I was 209, so 20 lbs since 2009 :p. I remember being 148 lbs back in 11th grade when I was doing cross country training, but I don't think I ever ever want to get to that point. I think the 160s - 170s are appropriate for someone of my build and height. What do the experts think? I'm 5'9.5" and I have a medium build.

You should be fine around 160-170. To be fair though, weight is not a good measure but rather body fat percentage. Healthy BF% is between 10 and 17% for males, so as long as you are in there, whether super bulky or slim it's aint no thang. I'm 5'11.5 and 215 so I would a fatso if looking at those ridiculous BMI charts. Good thing it's only 6% fat.

What is going on when the power goes out during a storm and 10 seconds later it's back on?

That happened about two hours ago.

What is going on when the power goes out during a storm and 10 seconds later it's back on?

That happened about two hours ago.

Most HV lines have auto breakers on them if there is a fault. Usually setup for a 3 x reset then complete outage till someone comes out and checks the problem. High levels of moisture in the air can sometimes cause shorts over isolators or the storm itself can cause a line to swing and get close enough to another causing an arc. Watching these breakers go is rather cool, having one go 20m away from you scares the shit out of you if you're not expecting it.

Depending on where you are, you may have access to two sources of power, ie two parts of the grid, thus if one goes down, the other is automatically bought up.

I am having ice cream from my freezer. It is much cheaper that way. ;)

Coldstone has never tasted good to me. Not sure why or what is in it to make it taste so odd, but $3 for a single scoop from Baskin Robbins is asking too much!

Anyone ever had any luck making their own? I'd like to give it a try this week but no idea where to start.. =\ Saw a ball that you can throw around to make ice cream at Wal-Mart not too long ago and was thinking of picking that up.

You should be fine around 160-170. To be fair though, weight is not a good measure but rather body fat percentage. Healthy BF% is between 10 and 17% for males, so as long as you are in there, whether super bulky or slim it's aint no thang. I'm 5'11.5 and 215 so I would a fatso if looking at those ridiculous BMI charts. Good thing it's only 6% fat.

Sounds good. I just like having a number that I can look towards, but I know if I'm like 176 but I look fly then you know, of course I'm not going to complain.

Anyone ever had any luck making their own?

Yes I have! All you need is a large bowl, some heavy cream, some flavoring, sugar, and LN2.

The only expensive ice cream I can justify now is stuff that is made on site. There's this place down the Cape called Sundae School: they make their own Ice Cream, hot fudge, whipped cream, completely fresh nuts and fruit; absolutely delicious and I don't care that it costs a lot because the quality and quantity match it.

Anyone ever had any luck making their own? I'd like to give it a try this week but no idea where to start.. =\
No luck in my house. If you don't add gums, or not enough or not the right type, you get super hard ice cream. If you freeze it in too cold of a freezer you get super hard ice cream. :/

Hmm...out of curiosity, has anyone here at FG ever tried acid? A friend of mine apparently has access to some and I'm anticipating that I will have to babysit her if she tries it. I want to know what to expect. I babysit drunk and stoned people quite often, so it wouldn't be a surprise if this were next...:lol:

Make sure she's as calm and relaxed as possible before she drops. Otherwise it will be the biggest pain in the ass for you ever.

Hmm...out of curiosity, has anyone here at FG ever tried acid? A friend of mine apparently has access to some and I'm anticipating that I will have to babysit her if she tries it. I want to know what to expect. I babysit drunk and stoned people quite often, so it wouldn't be a surprise if this were next...:lol:

Skidd has that right.

Acids trips can vary from trip to trip. I have seen people sit looking at ants or clouds, and others that were all freaked out over the smallest thing. I haved used it myself a few times but never really liked it as much as shrooms. But to each their own.

Coldstone has never tasted good to me. Not sure why or what is in it to make it taste so odd, but $3 for a single scoop from Baskin Robbins is asking too much!

Anyone ever had any luck making their own? I'd like to give it a try this week but no idea where to start.. =\ Saw a ball that you can throw around to make ice cream at Wal-Mart not too long ago and was thinking of picking that up.

I have one of those, and it works OK if you make the lazy version with cream, milk and sugar. If you make custard-based ice cream, it works perfectly.

Skidd has that right.

Acids trips can vary from trip to trip. I have seen people sit looking at ants or clouds, and others that were all freaked out over the smallest thing. I haved used it myself a few times but never really liked it as much as shrooms. But to each their own.
My advice is to leave well alone - to be honest one of my mates went crackers following his first trip (in the 1970s). Taught me not to touch, if you have to do not do it alone just in case - as has been said it can be brilliant and it can be a bummer but you must keep safe with someone you trust IMHO. My mates reaction was exceptional but it scared the living daylights out of me I can tell you.

I stick with the beer - you put weight on but good beer - it tastes so niice - yum.

Last edited: