Random Thoughts....

Yesterday I possibly did the geekiest thing I have ever done. I went to Botany Bay (Spot 3 on this map) and watched planes take off for about an hour. The weather was amazing and I saw an A380, B777, many 737/767's. Plenty of Dash-8's, A320's, a 744 and an A340. Took the camera along and got some shots.

Wouldn't say I'm an av geek but I am fascinated by planes and the fact that something so massive is able to scream along the runway and get into the air. Simply freakin awesome! Fantastic thing about the spot is that at the fence you're about 20m from the taxi way and perhaps 50m from the runway. Simply amazing to be that close to planes taking off/landing/taxiing.

Weather dependent, I definitely want to do it again.

Added bonus, it's only a 20min drive from home.

I got as far as Botany Bay and my brain switched over to Wrath of Khan.

Same here. KHAAAAAAAAN!

Great minds think alike.

Yeah, me and my dad. Will post a thread soon-ish.
You Bastard You Bastard You Bastard You Bastard You Bastard You Bastard You Bastard You Bastard You Bastard You Bastard You Bastard You Bastard You Bastard You Bastard You Bastard You Bastard You Bastard You Bastard You Bastard You Bastard You Bastard You Bastard You Bastard You Bastard You Bastard You Bastard You Bastard You Bastard You Bastard You Bastard You Bastard You Bastard

errr...I mean congrats on getting a Pagoda SL...it's not like it's one of my "Cars must definitely own before kicking the bucket" I'm sure it'll be great fun

You bastard

Hmmm...carry on then...I'm a C107 guy myself

Yesterday I possibly did the geekiest thing I have ever done. I went to Botany Bay (Spot 3 on this map) and watched planes take off for about an hour. The weather was amazing and I saw an A380, B777, many 737/767's. Plenty of Dash-8's, A320's, a 744 and an A340. Took the camera along and got some shots.

Wouldn't say I'm an av geek but I am fascinated by planes and the fact that something so massive is able to scream along the runway and get into the air. Simply freakin awesome! Fantastic thing about the spot is that at the fence you're about 20m from the taxi way and perhaps 50m from the runway. Simply amazing to be that close to planes taking off/landing/taxiing.

Weather dependent, I definitely want to do it again.

Added bonus, it's only a 20min drive from home.

My workplace is 5 minutes from LAX. At night, you can see strings of lights in the air?all airplanes in line, approaching the main runway.

It's pretty beautiful.

Aunt and Uncle just left and we had a hearty laugh talking about stuff yesterday with the family.

Apparently in India what one of the old "traditions" for men seeking women is that men would seek out certain families, go visit their houses and they would be treated to sweets and Bhaji/Bajji:

bhaji.jpg

Fried fritters with various vegetables/aka the indian version of tempura.

Meanwhile the prospective girl would be made to show off her talents while the prospective groom would eat sweets and bajji and get entertained.

Honestly, what I said was "Wtf is this, slave trade?". And my parents and family are not all about that, even if they are very traditional, so they were just saying it to make fun of it.

HOWEVER. Bajji has to be my all time most favorite snack/appetizer/thing to stuff my mouth with in my entire life. There is nothing else that will compare. As soon as I found out about this age-old tradition I grabbed my uncle's hand and I was like "cmon let's go, the girls' families must be waiting". :p

Also yesterday we ended up watching a bollywood movie that only lasted 1.5 hours! :eek:

And I learned that "Phakra" or "Phak" (pronounced similar to "Fuck") means "pride". So technically "Fuck you" means "I'm proud of you".

FUCK YOU FINALGEAR!

And I learned that "Phakra" or "Phak" (pronounced similar to "Fuck") means "pride". So technically "Fuck you" means "I'm proud of you".

FUCK YOU FINALGEAR!

See signature. :lol:

Reactions: LP
Say what? :eek:

Yeah, that's what they said. If the girl can dance/sing/play the sitar etc. she would be made to do that while the family sit there proud and gleaming, hoping the groom will be entertained enough/admire her talents enough to choose her. It's like going through someone's CV except more retarded.

See signature. :lol:

Fuck you Jay. Fuck you. :lmao:

Meanwhile the prospective girl would be made to show off her talents

Say what? :eek:

Yeah, that's what they said. If the girl can dance/sing/play the sitar etc. she would be made to do that while the family sit there proud and gleaming, hoping the groom will be entertained enough/admire her talents enough to choose her. It's like going through someone's CV except more retarded.

I think Wig was hoping for a somewhat more NSFW demonstration of talents...

I think Wig was hoping for a somewhat more NSFW demonstration of talents...

There are times when i wonder what goes through Wiggy's mind at times. then again. i'm fairly sure that i'm glad i don't know.

As some of you may know, i've been running my own Doctor Who blog for the past months and today i got this nicely worded comment regarding a article about Torchwood: Miracle Day.

I find this program extremly obusive in it?s dscontent. The producer has obvious issues with both timeline and content and his/her own agenda. 30 minutes would have sufficed wherasa 6 hours have been used to promote Nazi propoganda issues very poorly. I am 60 years old and were not aware personally of attrocities performed before my time, but this is VERY poor taste. Poor production and extremely poor direction. I expect more un biased information from the BBC.This could have been covered more approptiately. I would request my tv licence subscription at least be repaid for the previouss 40 years to compensate for this propganda promotion
This webstie is in very poor taste. I will persue this, if a satisfactory reply is net received

Last edited:
It's kind of funny yet sad at the same time that someone can spend 60 years on this planet and have such a poor grasp of spelling. (And reality.)

Did you forward it to BBC.co.uk/complaints/?

Forward it to ITV or Channel 4...