Random Thoughts....

Random Thoughts....

Should also point out that US and EU fuel economy tests are different and that USDM versions of Euro market cars often are heavier and less fuel efficient due to safety equipment and emissions control mandates.

Last edited:
1: Ford F-150 (4,154 lbs) vs VW Golf (3,120 for the 5-door diesel auto)
2: Chevy Silverado (4,689 lbs) vs VW Polo (3,762 lbs)

There's no way the Polo is 600lbs heavier than the Golf... 2700lbs sounds more like it for the heaviest version.

- - - Updated - - -

Should also point out that US and EU fuel economy tests are different and that USDM versions of Euro market cars often are heavier and less fuel efficient due to safety equipment and emissions control mandates.

More should post their spritmonitor.de et.al. figures so we avoid looking at silly lab test figures.

I pooped today. I had corn yesterday.

Although, I am sure Coco will approve? :dunno:

^Thanks!

:yawn: Good night Final Gear.

Top selling vehicles in the US vs Europe:
1: Ford F-150 (4,154 lbs) vs VW Golf (3,120 for the 5-door diesel auto)
2: Chevy Silverado (4,689 lbs) vs VW Polo (2,762 lbs)
3: Toyota Camry (3,240) vs Renault Clio (2,361 lbs)
4: Dodge Ram vs Ford Fiesta

Is the Focus no longer as popular as it used to be in Europe?

Yes I did

Oh no, a mobile speed trap caught me at the beginning of the month (in a 30 kph-zone uphill) and I received a ticket...

...so I have to pay a whopping 15 Euros for being 8 kph over the limit...

everything-went-better-than-expected.jpg

^how's that possible? The lowest possible fine we get is 50?, which I got for doing 121 kph in a 120 kph

Yup, fines are stupidly low in Germany so inside of city limits you can always go 10 kph over the limit (regardless of the limit itself which is usually 30, 50 or 60 kph) and you only get fined 15 Euros. The next stage is 11-15 kph over which costs 25 Euros, then 16-20 kph (35 Euros). From 21 kph on you get at least a point on your license and the fine more than doubles to 80 Euros. Outside of city limits the fines are the same scale, just 5 Euros less.

Oh, and that was the fourth or fifth ticket for speeding in my whole 16 years of driving so meh.

Last edited:
That actually makes sense. With us it's more clear cut. Small (<10 kph over) infringement is 50?, medium (10-20 kph over) is 100?, large (20+ over) is 150?
More than 30 over = bye bye licence + you can explain yourself to the judge.

I'm sure the actual rules are a bit more complicated than that, but that's the gist of it

I have a friend from Australia who has gotten a ton of parking tickets since living here. He's just like "well if they don't want people to get parking tickets they should just charge more" because like $15 tickets compared to over $100 in Australia according to him.

Also he's Chinese and a terrifying driver. Sometimes stereotypes are true?