Random Thoughts....

My reaction when I find out the dealerships most skeeviest, irritating and annoying person is now working in service as a writer instead of sales, and I have to have contact with him:

FTFY

^
Just glad you're OK LP.

The car can be fixed or replaced, etc.

Tanks brah.

Just remember, it's more about tires (and driving skill) than drivetrain. An STI on summers/all seasons won't save you. You just need some time and experience to understand how to drive on snow and ice. And great winter tires. :)

Yes, absolutely. I would like to avoid driving on snow and ice if possible, but would also like to learn in case I am FORCED to drive on snow/ice. Definitely setting some green down for a nice pair of winter tires might be useful for the future.

This. But with an STi you might end up in the guard rail at a much higher speed.

But dat all wheel drive doe :p

This. :)

I kid I kid. I'm glad you're alright LP.

Thanks Kiki!

Yeah, you're better off honing driving techniques in your present car. Next time it snows, find a big empty lot and drive as crazy as you can, see how the car reacts with plowing understeer, snap oversteer, the lot. Practice braking and accelerating, too.

I might do that, if I can find an open lot or something nearby. We don't get much snow here, but when it does these people freak out. Usually they pre-treat the roads well ahead of time, this was a freak snow that happened out of the blue. No one expected it, no plows or salting/sanding were done.

Couldn't agree more. It's easier over there than it is here. Any decent sized parking area is full of bollards, planted areas and the like. Makes it so much more difficult to do that sort of thing and autocross a virtual impossibility. :(

Word.

Quick update on the car and on the LP: LP went to the hospital and got his noggin checked via cat scan (meow). No issues, no hemorrhaging, just some sinus and concussion symptoms. Felt dizzy and headachy for the next few days, that has subsided a bit now. Car needed new airbags, doors, rear quarter panel, and some other things plus labor, which came to a total of over $9000.

It was actually $9500 for the initial estimate, which was more than 75% the net worth of the civic. So they deemed the car a total loss :(.

I removed my personal belongings from the car the other day and took a picture that I realized only after looked very.... ethereal.

Time for a new car.

I think I'm going to buy a crock-pot....and a stick vac.

Quick update on the car and on the LP: LP went to the hospital and got his noggin checked via cat scan (meow). No issues, no hemorrhaging, just some sinus and concussion symptoms. Felt dizzy and headachy for the next few days, that has subsided a bit now. Car needed new airbags, doors, rear quarter panel, and some other things plus labor, which came to a total of over $9000.

It was actually $9500 for the initial estimate, which was more than 75% the net worth of the civic. So they deemed the car a total loss :(.

I removed my personal belongings from the car the other day and took a picture that I realized only after looked very.... ethereal.

Time for a new car.

Glad that you're doing ok...that's something I should have mentioned earlier, apologies. :) Sucks to hear about the car, hopefully you'll find a good replacement! :(

Time to buy some winters.

Then fit them to a used NC Miata.

I can't sleep and its driving me insane

So because my mom never really has the time to watch TV and she'll pretty much choose a channel, any channel at random and be amused. I was able - well, forced really - to watch those "woman talking about a wedding dress for a half hour" for 2 hours
The boyfriend of a (female) friend of mine recently asked me whether it was possible for a guy and a girl to watch "Sex and the City" together happily.

Emphatically no. :lol:

No heat in the warehouse attached to my department, so it is about 55 F / 12 C in here. Also, when my girlfriend bought her car from my dealership they put the wrong plates on, and we would have not known if it was not for the other person getting into an accident Saturday. SO! Tomorrow I drive her car in, get the plates switched and that's that.

The salesperson bitched and moaned after she bought the car that she did not give him a perfect score in a new car survey; she never does for anyone, and now he earned that score. :glare:

No heat in the warehouse attached to my department, so it is about 55 F / 12 C in here. Also, when my girlfriend bought her car from my dealership they put the wrong plates on, and we would have not known if it was not for the other person getting into an accident Saturday. SO! Tomorrow I drive her car in, get the plates switched and that's that.

The salesperson bitched and moaned after she bought the car that she did not give him a perfect score in a new car survey; she never does for anyone, and now he earned that score. :glare:

Companies that use those surveys beg for ratings and treat anything that's not a perfect score across the board as a failure. It's inane.

I was a very happy taxpayer after I saw the bill for one of mom's cancer drugs. Over 1200 euros for a single shot. Of which our freedom-hating-commie-government paid 100%-3?.

If I had to pay my insulin and all the stuff I need for managing my Diabetes out of my pocket I'd have to pay around 300 Euros a month, with the mandatory insurance I pay around 40-50 Euros quarterly. Even if I would lose my job tomorrow I wouldn't have to pay more and I don't have to pay for the basic insurance either. I'm generally happy with the german healthcare system.

i really wish reese's peanut butter and jelly cups existed.

You should patent that.

Companies that use those surveys beg for ratings and treat anything that's not a perfect score across the board as a failure. It's inane.

This. At the drugstore chain I used to work at, the surveys are like this: Stores get "4 or less" for the most ridiculous reasons from people.

Last edited: