Random Thoughts....

The raises I got in the middle of last year bumping me to a higher tax bracket combined with me completely forgetting to do an updated W4 at the time means what would have been a ~$2000 tax return leads to me now owing an additional $600 and change. Hooray.

Ugh at least it wasn't $6000.

I'm actually getting back the largest return I've got so far soon.

Yeah could have been worse for sure, it's just annoying because it eats up the portion from a paycheck that was gong to go towards a new car.

My mother is getting some tests done in the hospital next week so I bought her the Hunger Games books from a dude. Except I took the wrong subway and had to cross this half mile pitch black metal bridge above 30 train tracks.

uploadfromtaptalk1423851658238.jpg

Drafty windows suck. I could deal with it especially since its pretty warm during the day but last night was ridiculous.

I tried a window draft stopper but that doesnt do shit.

There's a great solution called seal n peel (I need something that won't risk damaging the window trim because rental) but the reviews mention very strong odors and questionable safety.

Then there is the cling stuff. A window already has this on it but I'm sure its poorly applied. I'd also need a blow dryer + the double stick tape may leave marks on the frame come removal time.

Sigh....cling stuff it is...

lol, I just got an email from google about photos from my phone that got backed up to da clowds (I never pay attention to it, it's like "here's some photos you uploaded, wanna share them"). From last weekend's company ski trip... I don't remember taking them. I think I did though, judging by the positions they were taken from and that I'm not in them. Might have had too much whiskey.

Heh. Hehe. I like documentaries about fat people / fear mongering about the food industry. They're funny.

"Oh mah gah, there's so much sugar in everything, damn the food industry! Oh, sorry, excuse me, this flavoured coffee's still too bitter, let me just empty six packs of sugar into it."
"Wait what, you mean if I eat twelve chicken breasts and drink a bottle of wine every night, you mean to say that I won't lose weight on that diet? You're insane, those are healthy foods! What's thermodynamics mean?"
"I mean, I've tried every diet out there, but I always get bummed out on them because they're unsustainable and go back to what I was eating before. Haven't bothered with exercise though. I don't understand why I'm still fat."
And then there's the chubby middle aged experts who are inexplicably angry in their interviews. Claims to know how the food industry evilly tricks us into getting fat, looks unhealthy himself. Kthx.

Fun stuff.

Some Jehovah's Witnesses came to my door. They wanted to talk with me about the Bible. After a little discussion they mentioned their own translation. I said to them that I was specialized in biblical interpretation, had a master's degree in theology, and that I was familiar with the backgrounds of their translation. For sheer politeness, I did not mention that their "translation" is garbage from scholars point of view. Then they said they would have liked to discuss with me about what makes a good translation. I told them that I read my Bible in Greek and Hebrew, so that I don't have to rely on translations.

They asked if they could return at another time. Well, why not? If someone comes to my door and wants to talk about the book I have been studying in the university for the last 7 years, of course I'll be open for any discussion about it.

Last edited:
We had a group of those stop at our house, my dad prepared himself before they came. They left pretty quickly and proceeded to go to my next door neighbor who's a Christian pastor. They no longer come to our neighborhood. :)

Some Jehovah's Witnesses came to my door. They wanted to talk with me about the Bible. After a little discussion they mentioned their own translation. I said to them that I was specialized in biblical interpretation, had a master's degree in theology, and that I was familiar with the backgrounds of their translation. For sheer politeness, I did not mention that their "translation" is garbage from scholars point of view. Then they said they would have liked to discuss with me about what makes a good translation. I told them that I read my Bible in Greek and Hebrew, so that I don't have to rely on translations.

They asked if they could return at another time. Well, why not? If someone comes to my door and wants to talk about the book I have been studying in the university for the last 7 years, of course I'll be open for any discussion about it.

Education is never a waste, and if they learn something, all the better :D

I was watching Saturday Night Live's 40th anniversary show, and Miley Cyrus bore a striking resemblance to Jay Cartwright from The Inbetweeners.

attachment.php

We had a group of those stop at our house, my dad prepared himself before they came. They left pretty quickly and proceeded to go to my next door neighbor who's a Christian pastor. They no longer come to our neighborhood. :)

I'm going to guess that "prepared himself" means got naked and rubbed raw steaks all over himself. Mmm, cow blood.

Not getting it.

That is the second time my rep has been that high. :drums:

edit:

One other thing. It is cold here(-5F), and is expected to get much colder tonight(-20F). I am over it and can hardly wait for it to be less cold.

Last edited:
That is the second time my rep has been that high. :drums:

edit:

One other thing. It is cold here(-5F), and is expected to get much colder tonight(-20F). I am over it and can hardly wait for it to be less cold.

My attempt at insulating my windows with foam failed. Its annoyingly cold in here. Odd because it was fine for a few days, foam still seems tight but air feels cold near it.

I guess I have to email my property manager and see if its ok to put the film over the windows. The previous guy did based on the tape on the frames but I don't want to get in trouble

I guess I have to email my property manager and see if its ok to put the film over the windows. The previous guy did based on the tape on the frames but I don't want to get in trouble
If you can remove it without lasting damage, just do it. Asking your property manager about minor details is what will get you in trouble.