Random Thoughts....

Edit 2: Say Red, send me a PM if this is too much for main, but will emvaracoa PD actually do something about Ms. Lambada? Are they at least doing police theater?

I doubt it.
They have so many deaths in that part of the country and she wasn't an A-list celebrity.

A 20 year old woman was murdered and thrown into the sea in Iceland a week ago and the country is in mourning.
I didn't know her, I never spoke to her, she worked a service job in a pretty big store so she may have had assisted me in some way.
I can't get over the feeling like I lost someone close to me.

Perhaps you are feeling loss because this event has taken away the sense of security that comes from not having to face this sort of thing before.

Are murders really that rare in Iceland? You would think with the remote locations and the long dark winters... you know.

Are murders really that rare in Iceland? You would think with the remote locations and the long dark winters... you know.
A quick look at Wikipedia shows a murder rate of 0.3 per 100,000 inhabitants, compared to 0.8 in Germany and 4.7 in the US (numbers from 2012).
Of course, with only so few inhabitants, every murder will have a large impact on the statistic. The rate quoted above translates to one murder in that year.

Last edited:
Which even with my poor maths amounts to just one a year.

So you're pretty safe visiting Reykjavik at any point during the remainder of 2017. Probably.

Apparently nearly a third of the population own guns and manage to not shoot each other. Read in to that what you wish.

A quick look at Wikipedia shows a murder rate of 0.3 per 100,000 inhabitants, compared to 0.8 in Germany and 4.7 in the US (numbers from 2012).
Of course, with only so few inhabitants, every murder will have a large impact on the statistic. The rate quoted above translates to one murder in that year.

Brazil: 32.4
Honduras: 103.9

/me hugs gaasc and sighs deeply.

Which even with my poor maths amounts to just one a year.

So you're pretty safe visiting Reykjavik at any point during the remainder of 2017. Probably.

59013886.jpg

Brazil: 32.4
Honduras: 103.9

/me hugs gaasc and sighs deeply.

bruh.

Though I should mention, the 103.9 figure is old, we're at a much more reasonable 59...so, like...14 murders a day. :|

bruh.

Though I should mention, the 103.9 figure is old, we're at a much more reasonable 59...so, like...14 murders a day. :|

Yay for you. Really.
Altough I should point out that 32.4 is the average for Brazil. Mi city went from 20 to 40 in recent years because the state government seemed a budget cut was appropriate.

Murders are very rare yes.
In most cases the murderer knows the victim(family member or friend) and they are usually so pathetic in destroying evidence that they are apprehended the same day or a few days after.
Police shootings, and deaths in police shootings are even rarer, so rare that the first person to die in a police shooting was a few years ago and the police apologized for it.

Rape and drugging women however is not that rare, unfortunately.

Yay for you. Really.
Altough I should point out that 32.4 is the average for Brazil. Mi city went from 20 to 40 in recent years because the state government seemed a budget cut was appropriate.

Yeah, that was a pretty messed up decision.

Brazilian politics in general are, shall I say, nationalistically misguided. To the point that they are fascinating in how well they ride the line on screwing people juust enough so that they do not revolt. Venezuela went too far in the screwing and Mujica's Uruguay was the closest to the ideal of a 1st world government. The amount has a lot to do with every country's culture and historical precedence (the only reason Venezuela has not risen into a flurry of Bolivarian revolution is that the powers that be already claimed that.).

Oh, sorry, random thoughts thread. Um...after christmas, it seems my body has decided that it will not take more than 300ml of soft drinks on one meal. Any more and I get nauseous and bloaty. This is good news for my belly and bad news for whatever gene is lurking in me that could cause the beetus.

Last edited:
Went to bed last night at 10:30 and woke up at 6:30. I feel a lot better than when I usually go to be at 12:00 and wake up at 8:00. Is this what being an adult feels like?

.... it's dark in here

c59695fae7349ecdd4c571e93be90557.jpg

Went to bed last night at 10:30 and woke up at 6:30. I feel a lot better than when I usually go to be at 12:00 and wake up at 8:00. Is this what being an adult feels like?

Not quite. Feeling like an adult is when you go to bed at 10.30, wake up at 6.30 and consider that completely normal.

No, you'll have to wait for when your back hurts for no reason and you start making noises whenever you sit down.

This.

Standing up noises? Fine. Sitting down noises? :wheelchair: