Random Thoughts....

It's the Brangelina of meals.

Only more satisfying.

Last time I was with my family in Las Vegas (not exactly my most favorite city), we planned to do a brunch buffet with bottomless mimosas. I tried, I really tried to get to the bottom, but they were just too quick. It became a game, the rest of the table got involved, finally the waitstaff just left a pitcher of OJ and a bottle of champagne on the table. That was a mistake, now we can mix our own; I think we went through 4 bottles of champagne to every pitcher of orange juice.

Then there's the problem of having a buffet. Want a brunch made up of nothing but crab legs and bacon? Not a problem.

Brunch is the "I want pancakes and a steak and to drink alcohol before noon without judgement, so fuck off, I'm going to do what I want" meal that became a thing.

Pancakes with a steak? Steak and eggs are much better together.

Brunch should be in place of dinner on a real good party night. Right before you pass out, err, rest up for the sequel.

It's the Brangelina of meals.
That was soooo 2006 of you.

Only more satisfying.

Last time I was with my family in Las Vegas (not exactly my most favorite city), we planned to do a brunch buffet with bottomless mimosas. I tried, I really tried to get to the bottom, but they were just too quick. It became a game, the rest of the table got involved, finally the waitstaff just left a pitcher of OJ and a bottle of champagne on the table. That was a mistake, now we can mix our own; I think we went through 4 bottles of champagne to every pitcher of orange juice.

Then there's the problem of having a buffet. Want a brunch made up of nothing but crab legs and bacon? Not a problem.
Vegas buffets are a whole 'nother animal!

I once went to a brunch that legally couldn't offer "bottomless" mimosas, but instead they had "up to 100 mimosas per persona for $17." I tried to get to 100. I really did. But I failed...... but A LOT

This reminds me of when I was in VietNam in 2004, and I was invited to stay with a H'mong family up in Sapa with a tour guide (just the guide, myself and female companion, and the local family). After dinner, all the women got up and left, and it was just me, the guide, and the man of the house, as it were. The latter plopped a large (tall) cylindrical vial onto the table where we knelt for dinner.

It was homemade rice wine. Not sake (that's Japanese), this was H'mong (not Vietnamese) homemade rice wine. And us three had to drink all of it.

Did I mention I had to climb down a ladder and walk across a creek atop stones to reach the bathroom using only moonlight as my guide (there was no electrical power in this village)? Multiply that by six or seven times throughout the night, and it results in one of the most, uh, evocative memories I'll ever have.

This reminds me of when I was in VietNam in 2004, and I was invited to stay with a H'mong family up in Sapa with a tour guide (just the guide, myself and female companion, and the local family). After dinner, all the women got up and left, and it was just me, the guide, and the man of the house, as it were. The latter plopped a large (tall) cylindrical vial onto the table where we knelt for dinner.

It was homemade rice wine. Not sake (that's Japanese), this was H'mong (not Vietnamese) homemade rice wine. And us three had to drink all of it.

Did I mention I had to climb down a ladder and walk across a creek atop stones to reach the bathroom using only moonlight as my guide (there was no electrical power in this village)? Multiply that by six or seven times throughout the night, and it results in one of the most, uh, evocative memories I'll ever have.

That’s a great memory. :D

I'm going out of town the next two weekends, and can't see Endgame for a while; so I'm hiding here in the FG corner of the internet to get away from trolls and spoilers.

I'm going out of town the next two weekends, and can't see Endgame for a while; so I'm hiding here in the FG corner of the internet to get away from trolls and spoilers.
I don't care for Endgame and haven't seen Infinity Wars, but my 10-year-old is FULLY IMMERSED in the hype, so it seems I will be taking him to the movie theater next week...

I'm going to see it tonight due to vacation next week - usually I avoid paying the Friday price for cinema...

Brunch (or her German translation of the word) is what my mother will suggest when everyone is going to bed very late and there are plans for a nice dinner the following day. It usually happens on a Saturday and involves just a few savoury additions to the breakfast table. Has someone taken it to some stupid extreme?

Mittagfrühstuck? :D

I just saw one of those stupid things on Facebook which said “Your stripper name is the colour of your underwear followed by the last thing you ate”

In the true spirit of Cards Against Humanity I couldn’t resist replying with “Black Cock”.

Mine would be Plaid Cupcake. Hmm.

Mulling possible options...

I think the most awesome would be Commando Bacon.

And the most nauseating would be Green Booger.

Blue Taco

Could have been worse, I was going to have waffles, but wasn't feeling hungry enough for breakfast.

Reactions: MWF
Black Fish Taco.

No, that doesn't work at all - on any level.