Random Thoughts....

I have just ordered supplies through the internet for the first time.

It was quite odd

When was your last online pizza order? :D

I have just ordered supplies through the internet for the first time.

It was quite odd
I've been ordering my orgasms from the Internet for over two decades. They come in kit form, even in 2020, so a minimal amount of manual labour is still required.

I've had a lot of practise though. I've got it down to less than three minutes.

I think that was over five years ago in my case. I prefer ordering food deliveries over the phone, so all the revenue stays at the actual restaurant and does not go to some internet company.

Interesting, the pizza places around here have their own systems. They're not 3rd party as far as I can tell.

HWF 3.0 is still working as she works as a retail manager for our local hospice and has been redeployed to their eBay department at head office to help keep funds coming in as all their retail outlets, staffed mainly by retired volunteers, have had to close.

I am currently on Govt funded, 80% of salary furlough leave. The money I save on commuting plus the fact that Junior isn't commuting to school by train so I'm not spending £70 a month on his train fare means that although I'm not earning any commission which I always put into savings anyway, I'm not going to be out of pocket on the short term at least.

Two big plusses from the current situation:

1. Since she works for the Hospice she is classed as a critical care worker which means she can access the supermarkets during the times designated for those people so we won't run out of anything at all.

2. As she is the only one commuting she has commandeered the Octavia, because cheating diesel and lower fuel costs. Which leaves Junior and me with the MX5. At home. Bored. And the roads are virtually deserted. And fuel just dropped in price as oil prices have tanked. And going for a drive isn't yet banned. And the forecast for tomorrow looks good...

I think you can see where this is going.
Bollocks!
be5a959108afbe9e1c9de11d60275b46.jpg

I enjoyed driving the Smart at the start of the week instead of taking the disease snake (train) but now I'm working from home.

Should've been picking up my addition to the fleet on Wednesday but that fell through, I personally don't think that travelling directly to an empty place with someone in the household to pick up a car in a safe manner (no contact) and drive back is an issue. :dunno:

So I've just called an airline about their ticket change fee waiver and the man on the phone gave me the information that a travel agent would need to help me. Did I call the wrong number or do I sound too professional? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: MWF
Travel agent? What is this, 1985?

*sigh* we’re told to use one for work travel except they only focus on dollars so flights were booked super early and with as many connections as possible. They didn’t listen to our needs and so we send them dates and flight numbers and they book it. Policy says that it’s for transparency. ?

Last edited:
Travel agent? What is this, 1985?
Travel agent, ticketing agent, service professional... basically any professional with access to UA's ticketing system.

And yes, travel agents are still in demand if they're good at what they do. You might be able to book a lot of stuff yourself, but when things get a little more complicated, it pays to have someone who doesn't have to look up every detail.

I got a burger at Five Guys while driving back from Costco.... I'm not sure if I'm living dangerously or hastening my own demise.

I got a burger at Five Guys while driving back from Costco.... I'm not sure if I'm living dangerously or hastening my own demise.

Porque no los dos?

Isn’t it amazing how quickly you find little, but (suddenly) indispensable odd jobs around the house when you’re stuck in it? :think:

Yes it is! I've noticed that since I have to focus on things at home more, I'm actually doing things like instead of the dinner table to be a catchall for shit I don't want to deal with is now becoming a place to eat at again.

Amateurs, the pair of you. Asterisks indicate the jobs I can't do because the places to obtain materials are shut. List grows daily to ensure I'm not going totally stir crazy.
64167260d447d0ee0306a2e9ef343801.jpg

Holy shit is that easy. Fuck copper piping. I Need to fix a leak in my heating system and want to add floor heating to my kitchen by way of mounting tubing underneath from the basement. I know PEX is the new hotness and is really what should be done everywhere, but I didn't know how easy. So, that's cool.