RBS 6 Nations Rugby 2011

I just don't get how there are like 50,000,000 different tournaments. Six Nations, The Sevens, World Cup, etc.

6 Nations started as an annual British teams tournament (4 Nations), then France Joined (5 Nations) then Italy (6). It's now all the major teams in the Northen Hemisphere. The southern Hemisphere has the Tri Nations (Aus, SA, NZ) which is similar. Argentina is due to join that soon. Those two tounaments are both annual and cover the main rugby nations. There are smaller tournaments for growing rugby areas such as Japan.

World Cup follows the same format as football, every 4 years.

The sevens is another code of rugby though has parallels with Rugby Union, designed to be a fast paced spectator friendly game that can be played in short tournaments (will be in the olympics soon I think). Very fast paced game with 7 minute halves. Tends to be dominated by south sea island teams.

Is it gonna be the Quad Nations if Arg joins the southern leagues?
Also was chillin at mom's yesterday and catched a bit of Ire x Fra. I found it thoroughly entertaining despite Rugby not being big at all here.

Last edited:
Is it gonna be the Quad Nations if Arg joins the southern leagues?
Also was chillin at mom's yesterday and catched a bit of Ire x Fra. I found it thoroughly entertaining despite Rugby not being big at all here.

Yep.

Was a good close game with plenty of chances for either side. Mistakes by both sides but that just adds to the tension in a close match like that!

Anyone could have won that game today, very close indeed.

Just hoping England gets the Grand Slam now.

I was rooting for Scotland really... Just cos I like bagpipes :D
But honestly it was a war out there and a try could have turned things around so easily. Tough luck

England and France was more boring than I expected.

Only saw the wales match, most of the second half of the england and bits of the scotland. Wales match was poor. England match looked good, though I'd have rathered a France win! Didn't see enough to comment on the Scotland match, though it seemed they are still unable to finish a try and have to rely on patterson.

Saturday, 12 March 2011

Italy 22-21 France

:shock:

Well done to Italy, a famous win!

A bit nerve-wracking, that one. But England pulled through in the end. The fox on the pitch at the start was funny.

Also, great job by Italy yesterday, a fully deserved and historic win.

Results of the weekend and final classification :

Scotland :21 Italy : 8
Irlande :24 England :8
France :28 Wales :9

1 England
2 France
3 Irlande
4 Wales
5 Scotland
6 Italie

I guess England was in the typical "sod it, we already won it" mode and didn't actually play...