Ready for a new Lambo SUV?

THGL

Car(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee (WJ) Limited
Lamborghini?s Third Model Decision Leaked; SUV Concept Will Debut In Beijing

lamborghini-suv-leakw.jpg
A few days ago, we reported that Lamborghini was bringing two vehicles to the Geneva Motor Show: the Aventador Spyder and another mystery model. At first, we believed that the company would be arriving in Geneva with the final say on what the third model in their lineup would be, but it now seems we have to rule that out. The good news is that Lamborghini has chosen their third model, but the bad news is that they have chosen to produce the SUV and won?t be debuting it until the Beijing Auto Show in China from April 23-24, 2012.

This news comes straight from Italian magazine, Quattroruote.it, which offered the first scanned images of the Lamborghini SUV Concept. From these images we can see that the SUV will adopt some design features from the Aventador supercar. It will most likely feature the same V10 engine from the Gallardo, but most likely, the production version will combine a combustion engine with an electric engine for a total of 700 HP.

The production version of the Lamborghini SUV will arrive in 2015 as a competitor for the upcoming Bentley SUV.
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-ne...v-concept-will-debut-in-beijing-ar123892.html

Someone needs to come up with a new names for these vehicles. "SUV" fits Jeeps, Land Rovers, and a few others. Porsche, Bentley (?), Lexus, etc., and now Lamborghini just don't fit in the same category.

How about stupid? It pains me to think people would take this over the big sedan, the name of which escapes me.

Looks like a Lambo version of the X6.

How about stupid? It pains me to think people would take this over the big sedan, the name of which escapes me.

Estoque. Build that instead. And give me one while you're at it. Thanks.

Estoque. Build that instead. And give me one while you're at it. Thanks.

They'll make more money off the "SUV" so it'll never happen. Anytime any of these sport car manufacturers builds an SUV, they're actually looking to build their cash cow. The masses just have to have their luxury SUVs, and willing to pay big dollars for 'em. I too wish they'd build the Estoque instead (as if I'd ever be able to afford one :p).

They'll make more money off the "SUV" so it'll never happen. Anytime any of these sport car manufacturers builds an SUV, they're actually looking to build their cash cow. The masses just have to have their luxury SUVs, and willing to pay big dollars for 'em. I too wish they'd build the Estoque instead (as if I'd ever be able to afford one :p).

That is almost excactly what I came in to say. It's just a cash cow. I like to think that stuff like this (Cayenne etc.) gives them more money to develope and perfect the cars that actually matter - maybe the new Gallardo in this case.

Let the BRIC* countries and the middle east, who dosen't seem to care what they get as long as the badge is shiny, sponsor the good stuff for us to drool over.

* Maybe not Brazil.

I understand the business case for VAG, given the fact that they'll likely just dress a Cayenne in a Lamborghini suit. But please make the Estoque first. I saw it in person at the Lamborghini factory last summer and it looks stunning, million times better than that fat-arsed Panamera.

2009-lamborghini-estoque_460x0w.jpg

lamborghini-estoque-concept-3.jpg

The way I see it is that this SUV will fund the Estoque.

THGL is right. SUV no longer fits as a name for these things. We call the higher end ones like X5s, Cayennes and Range Whatevers Chelsea tractors but even that doesn't cover a Lambo 4x4.

We need the equivalent of "gin palaces" for luxury yachts.

How about Sheikh Shifters?

:D

I'm partial to Excessive Lifestyle Four-wheel-drive. "Your SUV is passe. I drive an ELF!"

If we want acronyms how about Allterrain Sheikh Shifter?

"Would you like to enjoy a ride in my ASS?"

Given Lambo, it'll have the fuel consumption of an LM-002. That Gallardo V10 wasn't designed to push around this much metal. And don't say "diesel". Given what's going on with the BMW retards right now, can you imagine what the reaction would be to a diesel Lambo?

That looks very luxurious.

If we want acronyms how about Allterrain Sheikh Shifter?

"Would you like to enjoy a ride in my ASS?"

That is a dangerous phrase.... :mwf:

If they do end up making this, it would probably end up being the most expensive consumer SUV...in the world. Think about it, no other "ultra-prestigious" marque makes SUVs (unless I'm forgetting something). Ferrari/Maserati would never make one and Rolls Royce/Bentley only make big saloons. One has to wonder how much people would be willing to pay for a re-bagged Volkswagen Touareg/Porsche Cayenne/Audi Q7.