Redline: The Movie

flamingice

Eddie Griffin is starring in "Redline," an auto thriller that will feature the destruction of one of the producer's own Porsches.

The film, shooting in Las Vegas and Chicago, also stars Nathan Phillips ("Snakes on a Plane") and Nadia Bjorlin ("Days of Our Lives"), and will feature a cameo from Wyclef Jean, who is scoring the movie.

But the biggest stars might be the personal car collection of the film's producer, real estate investor Daniel Sadek, who is financing the $26 million budget himself. Scenes will include his Phantom, Lamborghini Murcielago, Enzo Ferrari, Ferrari F430, Ferrari Scaglietti and two McLarens. In one sequence, a $200,000 Porsche Carrera GT will be destroyed.

"We want to do the real deal," Sadek said. "We don't want to do CGI. We thought it would create some hype. People will know we're destroying a real Porsche -- not a model, but a real one."

Sadek said the appeal of cool fancy cars knows no age boundaries. "Every kid, every man of every age loves cars. And nobody has seen all these cars in one movie, racing."

The film is being directed by Andy Cheng, who has worked as a stunt coordinator on such films as "The New World," "Collateral," "The Rundown" and the "Rush Hour" movies.

Griffin most recently appeared in "Date Movie" and "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo."

Sounded kind of interesting, even though it probably has no plot, I'd just like to see the cars. The trailer doesn't look that great though. You can watch it here

if they wrecked any nice cars for this movie...everyone who had something to do with it needs to be killed.

Wish I could strangle the guy who would destroy one of the greatest cars ever built

That is just stupid to destroy a Carrera GT, one of the greatest cars ever, just to "make it real"... :bangin:

I'm sure they will use a fiberglass mock-up.

Anyway, with all that money on wheels in one place it sounds like a rap music video.

I'm not concerned with the fact that they're destroying a Carrera GT. After all, it's the guy's car and he can do whatever he wants with it, and there's 1000 more of them anyway.

I'm more concerned that this movie will seem like an pointless egotistical blowjob, "HEY LOOK AT ALL THESEKEWLCARS THAT I OWN AND YOU DON'T!!!1" If the highlight of the movie is destroying a quarter-million dollar car just so they can say that they can, then that's just retarded.

Though I can't deny the appeal of fast cars and hot chicks. It'll be laughably dumb like SoaP, except without the charm.

So..basically what happens if they screw up? Reshoot? hahaha.

Blind_Io said:
I'm sure they will use a fiberglass mock-up.

Anyway, with all that money on wheels in one place it sounds like a rap music video.

You don't think it is?? There's more ass in the trailer than cars. Crap. At least F&F was more about the cars itself whereas here, every other shot was of a woman's ass with underwear 4 sizes too small.

I don't really care about the plot I just want to see the cars. RIP Carrera GT :(...

You don't think it is?? There's more ass in the trailer than cars. Crap. At least F&F was more about the cars itself whereas here, every other shot was of a woman's ass with underwear 4 sizes too small.

they shouldve just called it cars & asses

Pass.

It will make some money at the box office, sadly enough. Hell, seeing all the cars almost made me want to see it.

the cast sucks..the cars look great...probably will see it.