Someone Else's Problem: Redliner's Ferrari Wannabe

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DÖNER
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
As you should know, I sold the white Palio.
And bought a red one. Brand new. 1.6 engine.
But before it was delivered to me, I had to wait a week, which meant 2 days of this:

A rental GM Celta. Probably the worst driving experience I ever had. No power steering. No air-con. 2 doors. Classical askew GM steering wheel.

Also had a few days of this:

Yay for being packed like a sardine for an hour with a horde of sweaty plebs.

Finally, yesterday:

Yes, BlaRo. It has fake vents on the sides, just the way you like it. :p

For a stock car, it has a surprisingly well-sorted suspension. Engine has only 117hp but quick responses and I really can?t complaint. I can?t wait for an opportunity to let it loose on a racetrack. :D
Proper pictures will come soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good man! Did they give you a full tank of gas to go home with?

Cool looking little hatch. Looking forward to some interior pics when you get the chance.

Grats on the new car.

How much does it weigh? I know quite well that in a light car 170ish hp is more than enough to have tons of fun. I'm not entirely sold on the styling but it's all about having fun when you drive it so who cares? :D

177hp is a lot of horsepower for a car that small, in fact, I think it's about 60hp too many. :p

A new Palio. :clap::thumbup: Rep for you, fellow Fiat-er. :D

But before it was delivered to me, I had to wait a week, which meant 2 days of this:

A rental GM Celta. Probably the worst driving experience I ever had. No power steering. No air-con. 2 doors. Classical askew GM steering wheel.
Just noticed this thing has Mk1 Tigra doors :blink:

Engine has only 177hp

Engine has only 177hp

Engine has only 177hp

Bitch, do you wanna get smacked? Check yo privilege! That thing is tiny!

Congratumalations, enjoy your Brazilian pepper. Whatever the hell that means.

Wait a minute...if it's the 1.6 16V Flex, then it's got 117 bhp, not 177. AFAIK....

Well, that's one tragic typo. :lol:

Sweet ride, bro! :cool:

Congratulations! 117 bhp is more than adequate in a car that size. Have fun with it ;) If it is anything like my Punto it must be a hoot to drive.

Looks good man! Did they give you a full tank of gas to go home with?

Nope. Dealerships always deliver the cars with 2 or 3 liters of petrol in it. :|

Cool looking little hatch. Looking forward to some interior pics when you get the chance.

Grats on the new car.

I?ll be sure to take better ones during the weekend, after a good wash. :)

How much does it weigh? I know quite well that in a light car 170ish hp is more than enough to have tons of fun. I'm not entirely sold on the styling but it's all about having fun when you drive it so who cares? :D

It was a typo. 117hp is the correct number. :blush:
It weights about a metric ton, 1097kgs to be exact.
The styling is a bit flashy, I?ll admit, but the regular version looks kinda bland and the mechanical differences kinda make up for it. At least it is not the regular "sticker and flashy color" job and then calling it "Sport" even if it?s identical to the regular versions. This one at least has a different dashboard, bigger wheels, firmer, lower suspension, quicker steering ratio and more aggressive ECU mapping. Also, ANY modifications are forbidden and I can be denied insurance, get it impounded, fined, etc, so having this OEM is a big bonus.
For comparison:

177hp is a lot of horsepower for a car that small, in fact, I think it's about 60hp too many. :p

Indeed it is! :lol:
I was expecting a strada. It's very big Puntoy. :cool:

Were you also expecting me to carry my kid in the cargo area? :lol:
Yes, it looks like the love child of a Punto and a 500. Somewhat.
A new Palio. :clap::thumbup: Rep for you, fellow Fiat-er. :D

:cheers:

karen-bitch-slap-o.gif

Congrats Redliner!

Thank you!

Just noticed this thing has Mk1 Tigra doors :blink:

Really? :lol:

Bitch, do you wanna get smacked? Check yo privilege! That thing is tiny!

Congratumalations, enjoy your Brazilian pepper. Whatever the hell that means.

Thank you!
I?ve been calling it "Pomodoro". :p

Looking good :cool: Congrats!

:thumbsup:

Wait a minute...if it's the 1.6 16V Flex, then it's got 117 bhp, not 177. AFAIK....

And you?re right! :lol:
The E.torq 1.6 16v has 115hp on petrol and 117hp on E100. It?s not making 110hp/L. :mrgreen:

- - - Updated - - -

Well, that's one tragic typo. :lol:

Wishful thinking, more likely. :p

Sweet ride, bro! :cool:

Thank you!

Congratulations! 117 bhp is more than adequate in a car that size. Have fun with it ;) If it is anything like my Punto it must be a hoot to drive.

It is! I had fun driving it in a mountain road yesterday. I am still getting used to much less body roll and the quicker steering rack.

I don't know wether to be proud of the fact that I knew that BHP figure from head...or ashamed.. :unsure:

When you remember that the Mk 1 Golf GTi had 110hp and weighed 810kg dry those aren't bad numbers.

And you could always get it chipped! :wicked:

That's nice, congrats !
Slightly OT: do they sell also a wagon, like the old Palio Weekend ?

When you remember that the Mk 1 Golf GTi had 110hp and weighed 810kg dry those aren't bad numbers.

And you could always get it chipped! :wicked:
:lol:
Yes and yes.

That's nice, congrats !
Slightly OT: do they sell also a wagon, like the old Palio Weekend ?

Yes, but it hasn?t been changed to match the hatchback. At least not yet.
Regular version:

rickhamilton?s favorite: the "Off-road" :)lol:) version.