Someone Else's Problem: Redliner's Ferrari Wannabe

That's a lot better than my mom daily driver, a 1998 Palio Weekend that look exactly like this :

Fiat_Palio_Weekend_front_20120519.jpg

only that it's painted in this color :

2002_Fiat_Palio_Weekend.JPG

Last edited:
117 hp in a car that small is nothing to sneeze at.

Congrats!

Nice Fiat bro!

Sounds like a nice car, too bad you couldn't find a proper 328i :p

This. My Integra has the same amount of HP and it isn't exactly slow.

Interesting. Never thought of that comparison.

My old 190E had a similar power to weight ratio, and wasn't exactly slow either.

:lol:
Yes and yes.

Yes, but it hasn?t been changed to match the hatchback. At least not yet.
Regular version:

rickhamilton?s favorite: the "Off-road" :)lol:) version.

w00t! Cladding and chunky tires for everyone! :p

The Palio Adventure would be a sweet Outback competitor here... :hmm:

w00t! Cladding and chunky tires for everyone! :p

The Palio Adventure would be a sweet Outback competitor here... :hmm:
Disagree, Rick. Subaru has a reputation for sturdiness built upon decades of solid product. Fiat might make its way into North America with other cars like the 500, but this thing will be DOA. They'll need to establish themselves as a quality product for some time before anyone even looks at something by them that by virtue needs to be tough and dependable.

Disagree, Rick. Subaru has a reputation for sturdiness built upon decades of solid product. Fiat might make its way into North America with other cars like the 500, but this thing will be DOA. They'll need to establish themselves as a quality product for some time before anyone even looks at something by them that by virtue needs to be tough and dependable.

Yeah.

That version is a decent soft-roader and not an overall bad package, but it sells well because proper ?off-road vehicles like the Subaru Outback you mentioned are 3 times the price of that FIAT.

Of course the Outback has 4WD, bigger engine, etc, but for the average customer, with a small budget, wanting a car that can haul the family and not worry too much about potholes or a gravel road, that FIAT is not a bad choice in our market.

Last edited:
I keep hearing about Fiat being huge in Brazil. Have they become the new VW?

I keep hearing about Fiat being huge in Brazil. Have they become the new VW?

At least here, it?s been the biggest rivalry for decades.

FIAT has 23% of the market, VW has 19%.

Yeah.

That version is a decent soft-roader and not an overall bad package, but it sells well because proper ?off-road vehicles like the Subaru Outback you mentioned are 3 times the price of that FIAT.

Of course the Outback has 4WD, bigger engine, etc, but for the average customer, with a small budget, wnating a car that can haul the family and not worry too much about potholes and driving or a gravel road, that FIAT is not a bad choice in our market.

Ahhhh that makes sense then. Gotcha both. :)

It's the RIGHT COLOR! :bunny:
I can?t wait for an opportunity to let it loose on a racetrack. :D
OMG! Do it do it do it do it do it!

Hey buddy, what's the retail on that thing
how much horsepower does that add?

Roughly USD20k. I?ll take it out and find out.;)