Remembering movies you watched when you were younger

cookie720

Car(s)
1974 Leyland Mini, 1963 Morris Mini
Hey all. Im trying to remember the name of a movie I used to see all the time when i was younger. It had alot of kung fu fighting scenes in it, and it mustve been old around 70s im guessing. I THINK jackie chan stared in it. All i can remember is that at one time in the movie they kicked around this little ball with feathers attached to it like it was some sort of sport, a fight scene on a tile roof, and some sort of fight scene at the end involving his "master" or friend or something getting beaten up i guess.
I really want to see the movie again so I can remember it. I hope someone here can take what I remember and know which movie I'm talking about, thanks.

got it, checked it, not it :) it would have to be bruce lee or jackie chan though.

Last edited:
On the subject of the thread, there's another movie I'd like to find again. It was a US movie from the 70's, circled around some youngsters working at a car wash. One day, they washed a car they found to be stunning. If I remember right it was a red, heavily modified american sportscar, like a Pontiac Firebird or something. They were amazed, but somehow responsible for getting it stolen. So the main theme of the movie is them finding it again. Idea anyone?

Last edited:
wow I would like to see the movie your talking about also sounds cool :D

Alrighty then... I am going to continue with the theme of not being able to help Cookie, but rather needing help myself ;)

I have been trying search for an "old" movie where they were in cold war Berlin there was some chase scene with (if I remember correctly) a grey Peugeot 405 and Tom Skerrit might have played the other leading role. Not sure about it being Skerrit though as IMDB doesn't seem to have a film by him resembling this description. Skerrit (or whoever) was playing the older exprecienced agent tutoring the young "hot shot" agent etc.

<_< aaaarrrr its so frustrating not being able to find it

WOW, right after typing my post I re-entered IMDB in frustration being sure that the lead actor must have been Skerritt, despite failing to find it on numerous occations in there.

But for some reason I found it on the first try! Honor Bound (or Red End). YiiHAA. Now all I have to do is find the bloody film somewhere so that I can see it again.

Ive been looking through imdb for hours and i just cant find it, the little pics and descriptions dont give it away

^Cookie

Jet Li - Tai Chi Masters...

At least that is according to a friend of mine. He saw the description and said that immediately.

Edit: Just checked imdb, my friend said it was the 80's, and all of Jet Li's movies from that time are titled in Chinese... so I can't find it directly, I'll re-confirm with my friend later. He speaks Chinese, I don't. Perhaps the descriptions will shed more light on the situation for you, though...
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001472/

Last edited:
edit: tai chi masters is a 1993 film and watching scenes of it on youtube doesnt bring back anything that i remember. ill continue searching jet lis films also

edit#2: the problem is i dont know the plot or story of it at all, all i can remember is what i said earlier

Last edited:
On the subject of the thread, there's another movie I'd like to find again. It was a US movie from the 70's, circled around some youngsters working at a car wash. One day, they washed a car they found to be stunning. If I remember right it was a red, heavily modified american sportscar, like a Pontiac Firebird or something. They were amazed, but somehow responsible for getting it stolen. So the main theme of the movie is them finding it again. Idea anyone?

Are you sure it was a car wash? Not a shop class? If it was a shop class then it might be Corvette Summer with Mark Hamill.

And it was...umm...awful. =D

Hey all. Im trying to remember the name of a movie I used to see all the time when i was younger. It had alot of kung fu fighting scenes in it, and it mustve been old around 70s im guessing. I THINK jackie chan stared in it. All i can remember is that at one time in the movie they kicked around this little ball with feathers attached to it like it was some sort of sport, a fight scene on a tile roof, and some sort of fight scene at the end involving his "master" or friend or something getting beaten up i guess.
I really want to see the movie again so I can remember it. I hope someone here can take what I remember and know which movie I'm talking about, thanks.

Hm... does it end with Jackie Chan drinking some methylated spirits and got seriously boozed, then proceed to fuck everyone up with his druken attack or something like that???

Are you sure it was a car wash? Not a shop class? If it was a shop class then it might be Corvette Summer with Mark Hamill.

And it was...umm...awful. =D
Yeah, this could be it. Actually, I expected it to be incredibly bad, but still, I want to see it again at least once. :lol:

^

i think thats the one. not really sure since i watched it over 10 years ago.

Im not sure its the one I remember from watching the youtube videos of it.....:(

edit: found it!
i searched jackie chan hacky sack in google and found a movie review of "dragon lord" gonna look for it now

Last edited:
OK - this might help as it was called different things in different territories:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084266/

Long xiao ye (1982) .... Dragon
... aka Dragon Lord (Australia: cable TV title) (Hong Kong: English title) (USA: video title)
... aka Dragon Strike (USA)
... aka Lung siu yau (Hong Kong: Cantonese title)
... aka Young Master in Love