Remote Races

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
PS3 has to be in Standby server mode and you and your friends also have to have a B-Spec driver set as online. If a B-Spec is used in another race, he's locked out to be picked.

Only one of you has to be in Standby mode. Via Community page and then bottom left-ish.
Your friends PS3 doesn't have to be on.

Everybodys equal, no-way to adjust anything. Not even telling you're guy to increase etc.
No custom races, only preset PD ones.
I started a race, with 2 of CrazyRussians B-Spec guys. PS3 runs the footage, the internet gives you laptimes.

You can see each others race results on GT website and on community page of GT5.
I closed the internet browser and it resumed fine.

So everybody set a B-Spec to online.

As usual I was wrong...
Thanks to Kev, who apparently reads instruction manuals. :p
You do get credits for having your guys race on other peoples races.
Click the driver screen and it shows you what races they were in and it allows you to receive credits.

Last edited:
Should be a fun thing to do if I leave my PS3 on before going to work. I'll set my drivers back to online, though they're low level.

The way I understand it, you only need to have your PS3 on, online and in Standby mode to do races, not to have your shared driver participate in other peoples races.

My PS3 is off today, but you still managed to race my driver. I cannot race however, to do so I would need to have my PS3 in Standby mode.

I'll probably try sometime next week.

I need more friends for this. Can you guys add me? JohnM79

I was thinking you could just keep you PS3 on and tell the B-Spec what to do ect. Not these weird races they have picked.....
I was planning on eating up the endurance races at work. :(

Last edited:
I need more friends for this. Can you guys add me? JohnM79

I was thinking you could just keep you PS3 on and tell the B-Spec what to do ect. Not these weird races they have picked.....
I was planning on eating up the endurance races at work. :(

Me too, but to be honest, this is still an interesting feature.

Me too, but to be honest, this is still an interesting feature.

Other than the site seeming sluggish to add new friends, it is rather interesting indeed, and at least worth tooling around with. Perhaps not as useful as we first imagined, but it is still quite useful as an distraction.

Currently attempting a remote race with Aston and CrazyRussian. I'm slightly outclassed at level 13 vs 30+ :lol:

Another pain in the ass I noticed: I can't access the laptimes since my PS3 isn't in server mode. Common now..... I can't hook into the host's?

My continuous losing has earned me about 40k Cr :dunno:

And that's with grids of only 2-5.

It doesn't show the usual credit screen through?
Hows luke duke doing?

Lots of 1-2 finishes. Currently winning a race against me, 2 of CrazyRussian's drivers, and one level 3 from another friend.

I added all 6 of my guys, around 32-38.
But I get nothing from winning on other peoples games. :(

No you just have to go to your drive list select your driver and press receive prizes (same symbol as when you sell a car). AM you should as far as I can tell be able to get over 90k cr.
Guess reading the manual helps :p

PS. Not saying that ^ doesn?t work just that you don?t have to set your drivers to offline.

Last edited:
Wow ok luke duke has 92k, is this from me using him or others?

And now 99k, yayyyyyyyyy you get money from other races.

Thanks Kev, first post edited.

Last edited:
add me so i can get some extra drivers. just leave one of my drivers open for me. its only the courteous thing to do.
N-ff