Renault for sale (F1)

mmap

So it would appear that the upcoming season is the last one for Renault as a team. Not sure how this affects the whole F1 one world as Briatore and the bunch will continue on the team, but I should imagine that loosing the corporate backing cannot be good?

For those of you with a penchant for the finnish language can have a looka t the story at: http://www.iltalehti.fi/osastot/formulat/200601123952731_fo.shtml

Then again, Iltalehti does have a record of publishing tabloid-style news, and it wouldn't be the first time they are wrong. For example, according to them Heikki Kovalainen had a certain seat with BMW-Sauber for 2006. :roll:

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if Renault bailed out of the sport. They have reduced the team's budget for this season now that they have met their targets(championship titles) and there have been rumours about their departure for a while. Alonso's McLaren deal is not a great sign either.

I've heard that David Richards would be interested in running an F1 team through Prodrive. For those not into motorsports, Prodrive is responsible for the Subaru WRC effort. Perhaps this is a chance for them...

Kebab gud said:
Hazardous said:
I've heard that David Richards would be interested in running an F1 team through Prodrive. For those not into motorsports, Prodrive is responsible for the Subaru WRC effort. Perhaps this is a chance for them...
and the Ferraris in FIAGT i belive?

Yes, a few years ago before the DBR9 programme matt mentioned.