replacement for RS4?

E63 is a great idea, I'll have to get him to test drive it. Although he still has the mentality that mercs are "old man cars" and that stigma will be hard to change.

S8/S6 isn't a possibility because occasionally he likes to take his dd out to track days. Can't imagine those being much fun at Mosport lol.

Anyone know if there are plans in the making for an RS5? or an awd XF?

I don't know what the problem would be with an S8 or S6 at a track day. Sure, they aren't RS models, but they'll still go like the clappers. Admittedly though, the S8 would look a bit ridiculous at a track day, but I reckon that it'll be fine from the driver's seat.

Oh, and I believe on RS5 is on its way, there have been plenty of spy shots and such, just no one knows when they'll finally reveal it.

2008LexusISF-Wincos3020.jpg

335xi

4 wheel drive.

Seriously, what kind of job does your dad have where they have RS4s as company cars? :blink:

Businessman. like the golf playing, suit wearing kind top gear makes fun of lol.

i feel like Europe has such better selection when it comes to performance sedans...

Am I the only one that needs more info for this question?
A) price allowance
B) 4 door needed?(assume so due to other peoples suggestions)\

Last edited:
Am I the only one that needs more info for this question?
A) price allowance
B) 4 door needed?(assume so due to other peoples suggestions)\

A) Panamera 4S is top of the price range (120k CDN), though cheaper is preferred
B) 4-door needed
C) AWD greatly preferrable
D) Ability to not look foolish at a track day

Basically I'm just trying to think of performance sedans that may have slipped my mind.

Brand new CTS-V. However, if you're really gonna insist on AWD, then I think all the options have been listed already.

Quattroporte as a backup pick.

Last edited:
BMW M3 Sedan plus a decent set of snow tires?

Infiniti G37x might also work

that 335xi is mighty tempting. stocked with everything including m-sport package it only comes up to 62k. I'm sure it's definately on the radar now.

My only hesitation is that it would kind of fade away into the enormous mass of 3-series in Toronto.

^ Again, Alpina B3S can be had with AWD... 60 extra horses and pretty good on the track as well...

Alpinas are auto only (?) and Canadian availability parts/service/car wise?

A quick Google search didn't yield anything conclusive. I've seen B7's around my hometown, but I think those are the only ones that made it to NA.

Also, 535xi Wagon with some ECU tweaks would be quite awesome and useful.

^ Again, Alpina B3S can be had with AWD... 60 extra horses and pretty good on the track as well...

Sorry, didnt see you mention the Alpina before. Looks like a pretty solid car. Although I'm finding it difficult to get information on it, their website is a little.. err.. german. Is it possible to get them in Canada without importing? and does it only come with flappy-paddle? thanks for the input.

People can argue as much as they want, but the Panamera really is the best option if you consider the 'requirements'.

why are you not looking at the S4 with the 3.0L Blown V6 sure it won't have the punch of the 8 (or sadly that sound) but it's still a great car that can move when it has to

that 335xi is mighty tempting. stocked with everything including m-sport package it only comes up to 62k. I'm sure it's definately on the radar now.

My only hesitation is that it would kind of fade away into the enormous mass of 3-series in Toronto.

so isn't that a good thing? It will make you less conspicuous from the metro pigs

And don't be fooled, 335xi + sports pack will stand out from the normal cheap 320i/320d on the road. Those 18" tyres, BMW performance brakes (optional), sport seats and endless of options on the list will make you forget about everything else.